Status: please comment!

How Can It Be

ONE & ONLY

Shadows lurking in the background. His breathing hesitant.

Where are they?

Are they coming?

The only noise was that of gunshots firing away. Alone he stood , hiding like a coward.

'I don't want to die....I don't want to die...I don't want to die.'

She's at home. Far away from here. She has no idea what's really going on.

He see his brothers die. Body for body for body.

He see his angel's face staring at him.

Come home.

'I need to do this. I have no choice.'

With a deep breath he leaves his hiding place. Like a sore thumb he stands out for the enemies to see.

Bullets fly by ; bombs fall at his feet. But he cannot die.

His angel is at home.

His angel is waiting.

He kills the ones that killed his brothers.

Hours passed , hours that felt like years.

For a moment , he stands still. He stands alive on the ground that once was someone's sanctuary.

No more guns ; no more bullets. No more bombs and no more violence.

It's quiet.

Everyone is dead.

But why is he alive?

How can it be?

How can he be alive?

His angel is at home waiting for him. He has a reason to live. He has a reason to stay awake.

"But my baby , if it wasn't for you. The piece of earth would swallow me in and never spit me out.

Baby , look at me as though I'm human. Look at me as though I still belong. My mark is made. I am a man. I am a man with a soul.."

Marine.

That's who I am.

A marine.

Not a murderer. Not a killer. I am a marine , and I'll always be a marine.

My angel is waiting. She's waiting for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a random pop-up drabble... enjoy :) Comment please. Nobody likes silent readers....