What I Like About You

11

I woke up in my childhood bedroom and stretched, instantly reveling in the comfort of a lazy Saturday morning spent at home in my childhood. I unplugged my phone and walked downstairs, finding my grandmother already sitting at the kitchen table, sipping tea.

"Morning, Gram." I greeted, kissing her cheek as I went to fix myself tea. "Jasmine not awake yet?"

"No, she's still asleep, like always."

I hummed in agreement and finished making my tea before sitting down next to my grandmother.

"So, Ken, that sweatshirt is not yours." She pointed out.

I immediately blushed. I had forgotten that I wore Calum's black hoodie to bed for comfort. I smiled, pulling the sleeves over my hands.

"It's Calum's." I supplied.

"Ah, yes, this mysterious Calum you have yet to tell me about."

"What do you want to know?"

"Well, Jasmine was telling me last night that he's in a band with Luke?"

"Yeah, he plays the bass in their band, 5 Seconds Of Summer."

"Is he hot?"

I blushed a deep red.

"Oh my god, Gram, yeah, he's really hot." I said, burying my face in my hands.

"Does he treat you well?"

I smiled fondly at the question.

"Yes, he treats me very well."

"Well, then, good." She stood up, kissing the top of my head. "Maybe I'll come out to a show sometime and see what it's all about."

She left the room and I started laughing to myself as my phone rang. I picked it up, still trying to catch my breath.

"What's so funny?" Calum's amused voice asked.

"My grandmother wants to come to a 5sos show." I choked out.

"Hey! That's no laughing matter. I think we're a grandma friendly band!" He said indignantly.

"Yeah, okay, Pup, sure you are. She also asked me if you're hot."

Calum started laughing a deep laugh at that.

"Well, what did you tell her?"

"I told her you're so ugly." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, you know that's a lie, babe. But anyway, what are your plans for today?"

I thought for a second, taking a sip of my tea.

"Our high school friend Nick is having a party tonight that we were going to go to I think."

Calum hummed, and I stifled a laugh.

"There's no threat in Nick, Pup, I promise."

"I trust you, but I want you to be careful is all. Are you going to drink?"

"Yes, mother, I plan to drink." I joked, rolling my eyes.

"Just be careful and stick with Jaz." Calum said seriously. "I just worry about you when I'm not there, is all."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"I know, Cal. But 2 more weeks, yeah? We can do it."

"Don't know if I can." He muttered.

My heart shattered.

"Calum-"

"I miss you, Ken."

I sighed.

"Miss you too, Pup."

"I've got to go. Be careful tonight."

"I will. I'll call you when I get home if that makes you feel better."

"It will. Thank you, love."

"Of course."

I hung up the phone and realized that Jaz was in the room, standing against the counter. She sighed and walked over, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"I know it's hard, Ken." She acknowledged, squeezing my shoulders. "But cheer up! We get to get unbelievably drunk tonight!"

I laughed and squeezed her hand.

"Yes! Let's go get ready to get dunk."