What I Like About You

3

I woke up to my alarm at 8 in the morning and groaned, reluctantly shuffling out of bed to get ready for my 9 o'clock class. As I showered, I got butterflies in my stomach, actual goddamn butterflies, just thinking about a boy I just met. I groaned. It was going to be a long day.

I got out of the shower and got dressed, taking a little extra time into my appearance today, throwing on a black crop top, leather jacket, skinny jeans, and my trusted combat boots. I grabbed my backpack and made my way downstairs, where Jasmine was sitting, tiredly eating cereal.

"Morning." I mumbled before grabbing myself a poptart and sitting down beside her.

"So what did he say last night? Tell me everything." Jasmine said, turning to face me. I groaned, swallowing the bit of poptart before continuing.

"Basically just that we're going to meet today after my class. and uhm, he uhm hecalledmecute." I rushed out, embarrassed by getting so excited about attention from a boy. I wasn't 10 years old for Christ's Sake.

"He what? You're gonna have to talk slower, love." Jasmine said, smirking.

"I followed him on twitter and he told me my picture is cute, okay?"

"Oh my god, Ken, that's so adorable."

"I guess.. I mean..." I trailed off, trying to play it cool as I picked at my thumbnail.

"Kennedy." Jasmine sighed. "I know that you've been hurt in the past, but like, you're allowed to let him in, yeah?"

I sighed, knowing that my best friend was right. I just didn't have the best track record with relationships, my most recent one ending in him cheating on me, so my self esteem wasn't exactly high. And Jasmine knew that.

"Just see where it takes you. And get Luke's number for me." She joked, nudging my shoulder, serious moment gone.

That's what I loved about her, though. She knew when I didn't want to talk about something. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll see what I can do. Let's get to class."

We both stood up, grabbing our bags and heading for the door. We decided to walk to school, and got there quickly.

"I'm gonna have a smoke before my class. And then I'll probably meet Calum right after." I informed my friend.

"Okay. I'll see you later. Good luck, and tell me everything!" She called, blowing a kiss over her shoulder.

I laughed and sat down on the bench outside my class building, pulling out my pack of smokes, until I realized that a certain Australian boy had my lighter. I groaned. How was I supposed to get through my day without a smoke? Without thinking, I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?" His slightly sleepy voice answered.

"So, when I let you keep my lighter yesterday, I thought I was being all cute and mysterious and it was like a movie, but what I didn't think about were the consequences of that." I ranted.

"Well hello to you too, Kennedy." He chuckled.

"It's not funny, Hood. I'm currently sitting outside my class building, wanting to have a morning cigarette to get me through this god awful class, and I can't because you took my lighter and-"

"I did not take it." He cut me off. "You let me have it."

"Whatever. What do you propose we do in this situation?"

"I mean, I propose that you skip your class, come meet me, we smoke together, and then we go have coffee because somebody woke me up and I'm exhausted."

"One day of talking to me and you're already encouraging delinquency? I don't know if I like you anymore." I joked.

"Meet you outside Starbucks in 10 minutes. I'll text you which one."

Calum hung up before I could even agree, and I hung up my phone, debating my options. Did I really want to skip class just so I could smoke and hang out with a hot (granted, he was seriously hot) boy? The answer was made up for me when my phone buzzed with two texts. One confirming the Starbucks, and then another one.

I may have done some twitter stalking last night so you better come prepared to explain why you tweeted that you hated my band 5 months ago.

I laughed, pocketing my phone before standing up and walking in the direction of Starbucks.