What I Like About You

4

I spotted Calum outside Starbucks, sitting on a bench, his hood up, a lit smoke already in his hand. I walked over and immediately held out my hand expectantly. Calum laughed, pulling my lighter out of his pocket and putting it in my hand. I pulled out my own cigarette and lit it, taking a drag as I sat down next to him on the bench.

"Better?" Calum asked, smiling in my direction.

I nodded as we sat in silence, smoking our cigarettes.

"Why are you wearing a hood?" I asked eventually. I was mainly annoyed that it was covering his eyes. He shrugged, stubbing out his cigarette.

"I don't want attention on me, y'know? I love my fans and they're the reason I'm here but..."

"I got you, Cal." I stubbed out my own cigarette. "Let's go get coffee in your system."

Calum grunted in agreement and followed me into the Starbucks. After we ordered our drinks, we sat down at a table near the back.

"Okay, so other than the fact that you're not a morning person..." I stuck my tongue out at Calum before he continued. "Tell me about yourself."

I shrugged, taking a sip of my coffee.

"What do you wanna know?"

"Well, first off." Calum hold up an invisible microphone in my face. "Why did you tweet that you hated my band 5 months ago?"

I laughed, shoving Calum's arm away from my face as he pouted.

"This isn't funny, Ken." He said. "My fragile ego is wounded."

I rolled my eyes at his dramatic behavior, even though I wanted to kiss the pout off his lips. Wow, where did that come from? I shook my head to rid the thoughts from it.

"I'll have you know that I tweeted that because it was about 3 in the morning and my best friend wouldn't stop blasting your one song over and over again through the wall and I just wanted to sleep."

"What song?"

"Does that really matter?"

"Yes. It'll help me determine if it was worth that many plays at that hour."

"It was that slow one... Amnesia?"

"Ah." Calum said putting a finger on his chin.

"What?"

"Well, have you ever listened to the lyrics of that song?"

"No, not really." I admitted, blushing.

"Well, I'll bet your best friend was a little heartbroken that night."

"What?"

"Ken, the song is about a breakup."

I gasped in surprise, my mouth hung open.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies in it." Calum joked, poking my cheek.

"But why wouldn't she tell me?" I asked.

Calum sighed, realizing he struck a nerve.

"Well, what did you have going on in your life at that time? Maybe you were just preoccupied with something you had going on."

I thought back 5 months, and gulped, realizing that was exactly what happened. I sighed.

"Yeah, probably. So, Calum, tell me about yourself." I deflected. Calum rose an eyebrow, but shrugged.

"What do you want to know?" He asked, repeating my earlier question.

"Why were you outside talking to me when you should've been inside warming up for your show?"

It was Calum's turn to blush, and I smirked.

"In all honesty?" He asked, biting his lip as I nodded. "Uhm, I saw you and I thought you were gorgeous, so I followed you outside."

This made my heart swell with happiness. /he thought I was beautiful and he wanted to get to know me. Plain old boring me.

"Stalker." I joked. Calum chuckled.

"Yeah, that's me."

I laughed and drank my coffee, until my phone started vibrating with multiple texts from it's place on the table.

"Wow, your phone is blowing up." Calum remarked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, it's my best friend, Jasmine. She wants to frickle frackle with your bandmate."

Calum burst out laughing, his nose scrunched up adorably. When he was done, he chocked out a question.

"Which one?"

"Uhm... Luke, I think is his name."

Calum's eyes brightened at that.

"Okay, well, how about I make a proposition."

"What would that be, Hood?"

"I get you two front row tickets to tonight's show and then we all hang out afterwards so she can meet him."

"She may die. Are you ready to have a death on your hands?"

"I it means I get to see you again, yeah."

"Smooth."

"I try." Calum winked. I hit him and then nodded.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan."

"Good. Now finish your coffee and then go prepare her and yourself for the best night of your lives."