What I Like About You

6

Calum and Luke were in the showers in their rooms while we all gathered blankets and pillows and set them up in Ashton's room for a proper movie marathon. Once we all sat down among the blankets, we decided to get to know each other a little bit.

"So how old are you girls?" Ashton asked, starting off basic.

"We're both 20." I answered.

"And you go to school?" Michael asked.

"We go to college down the road." Jasmine answered.

"What are your favorite bands?" Ashton quizzed. "Besides us, of course."

I scoffed.

"Your band is not included in my list." I joked, because in reality, they were becoming one of my favorite bands. "I do like Blink 182, All Time Low, and those types of bands though."

"I do too." Jasmine chirped. "But I also love you guys and One Direction."

Michael and Ashton both nodded, seeming to approve of our music taste. We all made ourselves comfortable and we sat in silence for a few minutes until Michael spoke up.

"So, Kennedy, what are your intentions with our Calum?"

I almost chocked on my own spit, and I'm pretty sure my face was bright red, as everyone in the room started laughing at me. Just then, Calum and Luke both returned to the room. Calum raised an eyebrow.

"What did we miss?" He asked.

"Nothing." I quickly told him. He shrugged and then looked at me, pouting.

"Cuddle?" He asked.

I laughed, but almost cooed at the adorable boy in front of me, clad in sweatpants and a hoodie, sweater paws in his hands, a pout on his face. I simply opened my arms. Calum grinned and in a few quick movements, he plopped down in my lap. I let out an oomph of surprise, adjusting myself so I was comfortable.

"You're like a puppy." I muttered.

Calum whined, and I laughed, because that only confirmed it. I peaked over his shoulder just in time to see Luke sit timidly down next to Jasmine, mumbling something quietly to her. I nudged Calum.

"They're so cute and awkward." I whispered in his ear.

"Not as cute as us!" He sang loudly, burying his face in my neck. I laughed and ran a hand up and down his back as Ashton decided on a movie.

He decided on Despicable Me, and I grinned.

"Such a good movie choice." I told Ashton, and he grinned.

"Glad to learn you have a good taste in movies as well as music, then."

I smiled at him, going back to my rubbing of Calum's back, gently scratching.

"You know, you're a better cuddle buddy than Luke." Calum declared.

Luke let out an indignant "hey!" from his place across the room, chucking a pillow at his friend.

"Settle down and watch the movie!" Ashton chided.

We all got more comfortable, settling into a comfortable silence as the minions popped on the screen. I could feel Calum's breathing even out, before he shook himself awake. I sighed.

"You know, you can go to sleep, Pup. You had a long day." I told him.

"Remind me to tell you when I'm more awake and coherent how much I love that nickname." And with that comment, Calum was asleep in my arms.

I laughed at the cuddly boy, and focused my attention back on the screen, but it wasn't long before my eyes were closing and I was drifting off into my own sleep.