Status: Finished

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 1

Mandy was like any other typical eighteen year old American teenager. She had long brown hair that hung low, just above her rear end. She was tall and skinny. After her parents died the summer before her senior year, she went to live with her boyfriend Taylor Lautner and his family.
Wayne was the best rapper in the business and was at the top of his game. He was at that point in his life where he didn’t really feel the need to have a woman in his life in order to make him feel whole or complete. His dreads hung past his shoulders to the middle of his back.

**********************************************************************************

Mandy stood in front of her full length mirror admiring her physique. Her long brown hair flowed down her curves beautifully, accenting every crevice that her body had and made. A tear rolled down her cheek when her eye caught sight of the picture of her and her parents which stood on her dresser. She thought back to the day when they died. She was driving. It had been raining, her dad was trying to talk her and her mom out of painting his office green and the next thing she knew, she had been lying in the hospital with pipes and machines hooked up to almost every part of her. She blinked her eyes hard trying to escape the horrible memory.
A knock on her door pulled all her attention away from where she sat on her bed busy on her laptop. “Come in” she said softly. The door opened a crack and Taylor appeared. “You ready?” He asked moving closer. She nodded, closed her laptop and stood up, walking passed him. “Wait up!” He called running down the stairs after her. Mandy took no regard to what he said and continued down the stairs and out the front door. She got in her car and raced off to school before Taylor could catch her.
She pulled into her usual parking space and sighed, staring at what used to be such a happy place before her parents died but now, only brought her pain. She got out of her car with her dog Ruby in her arm and started walking towards her friends Leighton and Jane. “Hey Mandy!” They shouted as she came up to them. She replied with a simple “Hey” and carried on walking with her entourage following close behind.
She walked into drama class and sat down in her usual place in the front of the theatre. “Still got that ugly rat huh Dawson?” Talia, the most hated girl in the whole school snared as she took a seat in the row behind her. Mandy rolled her eyes disregarding her. “Good morning all!” The drama teacher shouted as he walked into class with a cup of steaming tea in one hand and a bunch on files in the other. “Hello Mandy. How was your summer dear?” He asked beaming at his favorite student. “Fine thank you.” She said trying to hold back her tears. The door opened and Taylor burst through. “Just because you’re a famous actor now doesn’t mean that you get to be late to my class Mr. Lautner!” The teacher shouted. “Sorry.” He said and made his way to the seat behind Mandy. “Hey.” He whispered and kissed her shoulder. Mandy didn’t respond.
After school Mandy and her friends went to the fields for cheerleading practice. “God look what we have here.” Mandy said under her breath looking at the group of new girls wanting to join the squad. “Okay!” She shouted. “Being on my squad takes hard work and dedication. You don’t get to run to your mommy and daddy when you feel like you can’t take it anymore. So if you know you won’t be able to handle the pressure leave now.” She said sternly. A group of five or so girls ran off crying. “Right, so now that we have the weak links out of our way, watch carefully.” Mandy said motioning to Leighton and Jane. They started doing some basic cheerleading routines. “If you can’t do that, leave now before I embarrass you any further.” Mandy said eyeing the group of girls. Another group of girls ran off while the rest tried to mimic Leighton and Jane. “This isn’t going to be easy, but if you work hard enough, you might be able to stay on my squad when your probationary period is over. Dismissed!” Mandy shouted. “Mandy?” A young girl with curly brown hair and the most beautiful eyes Mandy had ever seen shyly tapped her on her shoulder. Mandy turned around and smiled. “Yes?” She asked. “I’m Stacy and I just wanted to say that I look forward to being on your squad.” She said smiling. “That’s great, I hope you have what it takes.” She replied. Stacy smiled and walked away happily. “Mandy, I’m so sorry for what happened.” Leighton said touching her friend’s shoulder affectionately. “Me too.” Jane said and embraced her. Mandy sobbed quietly and then left.