Status: Finished

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 10

Mandy and Wayne were back to being happy again. They were constantly in each other’s company and never grew tired of just being with the other. Mandy had almost completely forgotten about the whole stalker situation and that was okay, but at times she still felt that sometimes Wayne wasn’t always telling her the truth.
Mandy and Nicki sat talking while Wayne was recording. “I don’t know.” Mandy said looking away. “Come on Mandy, that’s the only way that you’ll know for sure.” She said urging her friend. Mandy sighed and looked at her doubtfully. “Ready?” Wayne asked suddenly appearing. Mandy’s focus changed from Nicki to Wayne. Mandy nodded and took his hand following him out the building to the car.
Later that evening, Mandy and Wayne lay on the couch watching TV. Wayne’s phone buzzed but he disregarded it. “How bout I run you a bath?” He asked looking down at her. “Sounds great.” She said sitting up. Wayne disappeared upstairs, she followed a few minutes later. She walked into the bathroom completely naked hoping that would divert Wayne’s attention. “Damn girl, you getting a nigga all excited here.” He said winking at her. “Well that’s sorta the idea.” She said with a cheeky tone in her voice. “Maybe later.” Wayne said kissing her cheek and disappeared again. Mandy slipped into the hot water and closed her eyes. Moments later she heard Wayne’s car start, she jumped out the bath and ran to the bedroom.
He just left. –Dawnie
On it. –Barbie
Nicki had been waiting in her car for what seemed like ages waiting for Wayne to get in his car so that she could follow him. When he finally got in his car Mandy’s text followed soon after. She pulled her car into drive and followed close behind. She followed him all the way downtown to some shitty bar. He got out his car and pulled his hood over his head probably to conceal his identity. She waited a minute before entering herself. She searched the bar but couldn’t see Wayne. She finally caught sight of him in a small room in the back talking to some man but she couldn’t see who. She watched them carefully as they spoke straining her ears to follow their conversation. The mysterious man handed Wayne a large envelope and in exchange, Wayne gave him a thicker envelope; Nicki figured it was filled with cash. The rest of the conversation didn’t last long before Wayne got up to leave.
He’s on his way home. –Barbie
Okay where was he?–Dawnie
Downtown, at a bar –Barbie
Doing? –Dawnie
He met someone and got something and gave them something in return. Probably cash for weed. –Barbie
Okay thanks Nicki. -Dawnie
Mandy had been sitting on the bed unable to relax not knowing where Wayne was. When she received Nicki’s text it was long before she heard Wayne’s car pull into the garage. She jumped up and ran back into the bathroom, slipping back into the now colder water. She closed her eyes and pretended to be sleeping when Wayne was close. “Hey shawty.” He said walking into the bathroom. Mandy slowly opened her eyes and sat up. “Oh hey Wayne.” She said simply. “You need some company in there?” He asked with a devilish look on his face. Mandy shook her head and got up. “I’m about to get out.” She said as she carefully got out the tub, wrapped a towel around her body and proceeded to the bedroom leaving Wayne standing there confused.
Wayne took a shower while Mandy just lay on the bed staring at the ceiling thinking. His phone started vibrating but by the time she had found it, it stopped ringing. A minute later, a text came through and the name Tylia flashed across the screen. Mandy’s heart sank when the realization that Wayne had been lying all this time settled in. She clicked on the text.
I got it, it’s so beautiful. –Tylia
Got what? –MrCarter
The gift. –Tylia
Mandy didn’t answer after that, she felt too betrayed. The man she loved with all her heart was the one breaking it. Wayne came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. “What’s wrong?” He asked edging towards her. “Nothing.” She said and got into bed turning away from him. Wayne wasn’t letting up. “Mandy tell me what’s wrong.” He said. Mandy turned over violently. “Where is it Wayne?” She asked impatiently. “Where’s what?” He replied. “The weed or whatever the hell you bought downtown.” She said getting out of bed and crossing her arms. “How did you know about that?” He asked getting angry. “Nicki followed you downtown and saw you and some other guy! Now where is it Wayne?” She asked getting upset. Wayne didn’t answer her, he simply turned around and left. Mandy didn’t go after him not did she try to contact him, she just let him be.
The next morning, Wayne still hadn’t returned. Mandy continuously tried to call him but he didn’t answer, it went straight to voicemail.
Wayne, where are you? I’m so sorry about last night. –Dawnie
For the first time since they’d met, Wayne didn’t answer immediately, in fact he didn’t answer at all.
Do you know where Wayne is? –Dawnie
No why? –Drizzy
He’s been missing since last night he doesn’t take any of my calls or answer my texts. –Dawnie
Sorry Mandy I really don’t know. –Drizzy
Before Mandy could start panicking her phone vibrated again.
No sorry, have you asked Nae? –Barbie
No but I will. –Dawnie
Hey Nae do you know where your father is? –Dawnie
Yeah, he went to see Grandma in N.O –CarterNae
Thanks –Dawnie
Mandy felt relieved when Reginae told her where he was, now all she had to do was apologize.
He’s in N.O and you’re coming with me since you’re the one responsible for him leaving. –Dawnie
Okay but Shanell’s coming too. –Barbie
Fine –Dawnie
Mandy ran upstairs and threw clothes into her suitcase. She ran back downstairs when she heard a car outside. Nicki and Shanell were waiting for her. They sped off to the airport and caught their plane. When the plane landed, reality struck. “Do either of you know where Wayne’s mom lives?” Mandy asked looking at Nicki and then at Shanell. The looked at each other and shook their heads. “Maybe he’ll know.” Mandy said pointing at a security guard. “Excuse me.” She said smiling sweetly. The guard was tall and muscular. He looked down at Mandy with a frown on his face. “Yes.” He said with a deep, intimidating voice. “Do you know where Cita Carter lives?” She asked nervously. “I do.” He replied with a nod. “Where?” Mandy asked getting impatient. “I don’t think I should tell you.” The guard answered crossing his arms. “How about now?” Mandy said pulling a money roll out of her purse. The guard agreed and told her where she could find Wayne and his mother.