Status: Finished

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 11

Mandy, Nicki and Shanell sat in the car in front of Wayne’s former home in silence. “I guess I should go?” Mandy said nervously. They both nodded. Mandy swallowed hard and made her way to the door. She knocked nervously and waited for what seemed like forever. The door finally opened. A matured woman stood at the door with a quizzical look on her face. “May I help you?” She asked in an almost impatient tone. “I’m Mandy Johnson, I’m looking for Wayne?” Mandy replied as best she could. “You’re the Mandy?” The woman replied putting emphasis on the. Mandy nodded hesitantly. The woman threw her arms around Mandy and hugged her tightly. “Wayne has told me so much about you. Please, call me Cita.” She shouted in delight. Nicki and Shanell came running up the drive. “Who are you?” Cita asked raising an eyebrow. “These are my friends and Wayne’s artists, Nicki and Shanell.” Mandy said smiling at her friends. “Well why didn’t you just say so?” Cita said and invited them all in. “Wayne, there’s someone here to see you!” She shouted. Wayne descended the stairs in jeans and sneakers, not wearing a shirt with headphones hanging around his neck. “Who is-“He trailed off. “Mandy what are you doing here?” He demanded impatiently. “Let’s give them a minute.” Cita said pulling Nicki and Shanell away. “I came to apologies. Wayne, I never meant to make you feel like I don’t trust you. I really do love you and when I heard that you’d bought weed, I got upset because I thought that you’d finally stopped and that you were getting back to your old ways now. Please forgive me.” Mandy said looking at him apologetically. Wayne looked at her seriously for a moment then smiled. “I know shawty but you coming all this way just to make amends that means and says a lot.” He said pulling her close to him and kissing her. Mandy pulled away and looked into his eyes. “Does that mean I’m forgiven?” She asked smiling. Wayne nodded and kissed her again. Either Nicki or Shanell cleared their throat but Wayne just flipped them off. “That was mean.” Nicki said under her breath. “I heard that.” Wayne said pulling away from Mandy briefly.
Wayne took Mandy sightseeing in New Orleans while Nicki and Shanell helped his mom make dinner. “Do you think that they’re back together again now, like back to being engaged or just together?” Nicki asked as she was peeling a potato. “I don’t know.” Shanell answered shrugging. “That’s their business, I’m just happy that they’re back together again. When Wayne arrived here last night, he was devastated said that he and Mandy were through. I tried to comfort him, but he pushed me away and went straight to his old room and slammed the door and stayed there until you arrived.” Cita said to no one in particular. “But I can’t help feeling guilty.” Nicki said. “You should! You’re the one that convinced Mandy that Wayne was up to no good and insisted that you follow him when he leaves that night to see what he was doing. It’s your fault that Mandy confronted him and made him feel like she didn’t trust him and it’s your fault that we had to come out here to fix it!” Shanell said. Nicki didn’t answer, she fell quiet. The front door opened and the house was filled with giggling. “Guess the love birds are back.” Shanell said rolling her eyes playfully. “Heard that!” Mandy called from the living room. “Whatever!” Shanell called back. The house fell silent again and when Shanell went to the living room, there was no sign of the two. “They’re probably upstairs. I’ll go get them.” Cita offered. “That won’t be necessary, I’ll go.” Shanell offered fearing that Cita might interrupt something. She just nodded. Shanell quietly made her way upstairs. She heard muffled sounds coming from the bedroom and instantly started giggling. She ran back downstairs saying that they were sleeping and that they should just let them be.
When Mandy and Wayne finally emerged, it was time for dinner. Shanell kept giving them a suspicious look which made Mandy uncomfortable. Wayne winked at Mandy from across the table occasionally which made Shanell even more suspicious. Mandy’s hand caught the light which drew both Shanell and Nicki’s attention. “Look.” Nicki said under her breath nudging Shanell. “She’s still wearing her ring.” Shanell said smiling. “So what? She is my fiancée after all and a fiancée should wear a ring shouldn’t she?” Wayne said raising an eyebrow. Nicki and Shanell felt their faces turn red. Mandy burst out laughing. “It’s just that we didn’t know if you guys are back together 100% or just together.” Nicki said innocently. “What do you mean back together 100%?” Mandy asked with a quizzical tone in her voice. “Like we didn’t know if you guys went back to being engaged or if you were just going out.” Shanell explained. Mandy nodded. “Well judging from the ring on her finger, I’d say that they’re back to being engaged.” Cita said plainly. “That’s right, Mandy is my fiancée, I am going to marry her next summer and nothing and no one is going to change that.” Wayne said winking at Mandy. “You two make me sick.” Shanell said gagging. “You know that you sound exactly like Twist right now right?” Nicki said trying not to laugh. “No I don’t!” She said pouting. “Yeah you do.” Mandy and Wayne said at the same time.