Status: Finished

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 2

Wayne and his daughter moved into the house next door to the Lautner’s house three days later. “Mandy!” Taylor’s younger sister, Makenna called as she ran through her bedroom door. “What is it?” Mandy asked annoyed that she had broken her concentration. “Guess what, guess what!” She shouted excitedly. “What?” Mandy said struggling to hide her sarcasm. “Lil Wayne is our new neighbor!” Makenna said. “That’s nice, but if you don’t mind.” Mandy said trailing off. “Okay.” Makenna said and headed towards the door. “He’s got a daughter, do you think I could go say hi?” She asked pausing at the door. Mandy sighed. “Why don’t you ask your mom or dad?” Mandy said turning back around to face her. “They’re not home and neither is Taylor, please Mandy?” She asked begging her. “I guess, I’ll come by later to pick you up.” Mandy said and motioned for her to leave now.
Three hours later Mandy made her way next door to the neighbors. Her heart started pounding as she approached the door. She was the biggest Lil Wayne fan ever. She knocked and waited. “Coming!” A young voice shouted. Thumping followed towards the door, a moment later the door flung open in inside stood a young girl about the same age as Makenna. “Hello.” Mandy said. “Hi, may I help you?” The young girl replied. “I’m Mandy, I’m here to pick Makenna up.” Mandy said with a smile. “Are you her nanny?” Mandy was taken aback by this comment. “No, I’m her brother’s girlfriend.” Mandy answered. “Makenna!” She shouted looking behind her. Makenna came running to the door. “Hey Mandy.” Makenna said hugging her. “You ready?” Mandy asked. “Yeah, thanks.” She said and hugged the girl. “Nae Nae who’s at the door?” A man’s voice called. “Kenna’s friend!” She called back. Then he appeared. Mandy’s heart raced when she saw him she was absolutely, positively star struck. “Hello, I’m Dwayne Carter, but you can call me Wayne.” He said extending his hand. “Mandy Dawson.” She said shaking his hand confidently. “Nice to meet you Mandy Dawson.” He said and winked at her. Her heart flipped. Mandy smiled. “We better get going.” She said motioning to Makenna. “Bye.” Makenna said waving. Wayne and the girl waved back.
Mandy lay in bed that night thinking about Wayne’s touch. His hands were rough, but not bad rough, it was a good rough. She liked the way it felt on her skin. She hoped that Makenna would go by there more often so that she’d get to see him again. Her phone vibrated on the bedside table.
Hey Mandy Dawson –unknown
Mandy frowned.
Who’s this? –DAWNIE
Wayne silly. I asked Nae Nae to ask Makenna for your number. I hope that’s okay? –unknown
Mandy smiled and immediately saved his number in her phone.
Oh hey Wayne, no it’s fine I don’t mind at all. I’m so glad Kenna and… what’s your daughter’s full name again? – DAWNIE
Reginae. –MrCarter
Right… I’m so glad Kenna and Reginae are such good friends. _DAWNIE
Yeah me too. But that’s not why I texted… -MrCarter
Oh? –DAWNIE
Yeah, I was wondering… Is it you who I hear singing in the back yard? –MrCarter
Uhm… Yeah it is… Sorry about that –DAWNIE
Don’t be. Fact is, you have an amazing voice. –MrCarter
Thanks Wayne. We’ll talk in the morning? –DAWNIE
You got it. Night. –MrCarter
Mandy smiled and put her phone down.