Status: Finished

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 3

The following afternoon Mandy, Leighton and Jane stood watching the new girls practice. “Look!” Leighton shouted under her breath and pointed towards the bottom of the field. Mandy turned around and smiled. Taylor came running towards her and when he finally reached her he grabbed her in his arms and spun her around. “Hey.” He said. “Hey.” She answered smiling. “So these are the poor new misfits?” Taylor said crossing his arms. Mandy glanced at them and shrugged. “Guess so.” She said. “Oh my God! It’s Taylor Lautner!” Stacy shouted running towards them.” “Hello.” He said when she reached him. “Oh my God I’m your biggest fan!” She said starting to hyperventilate. Mandy rolled her eyes. “Stacy get back in formation.” Mandy said pointing at the group of girls. Stacy sighed annoyingly and went back. “I’ll see you at track practice?” Taylor said holding her hands. Mandy nodded. He kissed her on the cheek and left.
Later at track practice, Mandy stood stretching when she noticed Stacy approaching. “So you’re on the track team too?” She said crossing her arms sarcastically. “Yes.” Mandy said looking up. “So I guess we’ll be running against each other today.” Stacy replied. Mandy didn’t bother responding. “Hey babe!” Taylor shouted from the sideline. Mandy smiled and blew him a kiss. Stacy looked at Mandy with absolute hate. The two ran against each other and Mandy won. After the race Stacy was standing talking to Taylor, constantly touching his muscles. “We have got to do something about that girl.” Mandy said crossing her arms. “Yeah but what?” Leighton asked giving Stacy the stink eye. “I don’t know but I have to do something.” Mandy said walking towards the two. “Hey baby.” Mandy said forcing herself between the two and kissing Taylor hard on the lips. Stacy rolled her eyes. “Shall we go?” Taylor said breaking the kiss. “Sounds great.” Mandy said taking his hand and walking away. “You leave him alone, you hear me?” Jane said to Stacy with anger in her eyes. “Why? Can little miss cheer captain not take a little competition?” Stacy said sarcastically. “I’m watching you.” Leighton said antagonizing.
Mandy lay on her bed listening to music, Taylor had gone to the production studio to finish a movie. Her phone vibrated next to her.
Wanna hang out? –MrCarter
When? –Dawnie
Well I’m free now if you wanna come over…-MrCarter
Okay. –Dawnie
Mandy’s heart started pounding as she jumped off her bed and changed into some torn jean shorts and a blouse she bought in France. She ran next door. When she knocked on the door it flew open almost immediately. Mandy gawked at the size of his house and how beautiful everything was. “Take a seat.” He said motioning to the big white couch. Mandy slowly sat down taking in the view of his house not believing that she was actually there. “Mandy there’s something I wanna ask you.” Wayne said taking her hands in his own. Her heart started pounding. “What’s that?” She asked shyly. “Will you sing for me? I’d like for you to join my label.” He said smiling. “Me? Join Young Money? Really?” She said unable to catch her breath. “Yeah Shawty, but first you gotta sing for me.” He said looking at her seriously. “Right now?” She asked. He nodded. “Any song?” she asked. He nodded again. Mandy drew a deep breath and started signing.
Oh how about a round of applause yeah
A standing ovation
Oh yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
You look so dumb right now
Standing outside my house
Trying to apologize
You’re so ugly when you cry
Please just cut it out

Don’t tell me you’re sorry cause you’re not
Baby when I know you’re only sorry you got caught
But you put on quite a show
Really had me going
But now it’s time to go
Curtains finally closing
That was quite a show
Very entertaining
But it’s over now
Go on and take a bow
Mandy bit her bottom lip and looked at Wayne nervously. He let out a breath. “That was incredible. I really wanna sign you.” He said enthusiastically. “Really?” Mandy said barely able to catch her breath. “Definitely.” He said smiling.