Status: Finished

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 6

Mandy pulled up to the fields in her red Audi with a smug look on her face. Leighton and Jane came running to her when they saw her. “What’s the plan?” They asked enthusiastically. “She’s going to wish she never came to this school.” Mandy said throwing a sports bag on the ground. “Mandy no.” Leighton said with a bewildered look on her face. “Yes.” Mandy said with a devilish look in her eye. “No one messes with my boyfriend.” She said. “I love it!” Jane said unable to contain her excitement.
Mandy and her entourage walked up towards the girls with devilish looks on their faces. “All of you but one have successfully proven yourselves to be worthy of this squad. You have shown loyalty, bravery and commitment. These are things that I value and respect in my cheerleaders. I am a senior and I need to be sure that this squad will be able to do without me next year and I have absolute faith in all of you that you will continue to strive the way you have these last few months. As for the one that didn’t make the cut, there’s still a chance for you to prove yourself, the question is Stacy how badly do you want it?” Mandy said looking at her with an evil grin on her face. “Let’s do this.” Stacy said standing up. “Right! Everyone in the Gym hall now!” Mandy shouted and blew a whistle. After everyone was gone, Mandy called the guys including Taylor who were busy with football practice to join them in the gym.
Mandy joined Leighton, Jane and Stacy in the locker rooms. “What you have to do next only one person has survived. And that’s me. I didn’t do it because I was unable to join the squad, oh no. I did it to prove that I can be trusted to be captain. I see that same dedication in you Stacy. Do you think you can handle it?” Mandy asked crossing her arms seriously. “I guess.” Stacy said shyly. “Good. All you have to do is go get your uniform from Dana in the gym.” Mandy said pointing at the door. “That’s all?” Stacy said. Mandy nodded. “Piece of cake.” She said and headed to the door. “Not so fast.” Mandy said. “You have to take all your clothes off.” She said sternly. “What? Why?” Stacy said turning around. “To prove that you are fearless.” Mandy said. Stacy sighed and did as she was told. “Now wait we leave then count to ten and come out.” Mandy said leaving. She stood on a chair and announced, “I’ve gathered you all here to witness the downfall of a freshman who thought she was brave enough to take on not only a senior but the captain of our very own cheerleading squad. Stacy Andrews has not only been unsuccessful but she has also embarrassed herself by doing this. Leightonton!” She shouted her name loud enough so she could hear. Stacy came running out into the gym with confidence but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the whole school in the gym looking at her. Some boys hollered and some whistled whilst others laughed. “Stacy, you are officially uninvited and kicked off the squad!” She shouted and jumped on Taylor’s back. Jane was next to get up on the chair. “Uh where do you think you’re going Stacy?” She cautioned. “We’re not finished with you. You have been found guilty of disloyalty towards your captain and therefore you are no longer welcome. You disrespected the cheerleading code that we value so much and that’s honesty and loyalty amongst your fellow cheerleaders.” Jane said and got down. “Enjoy boys!” Leighton said and left with Jane.
Mandy and the rest of the cheerleaders returned to the fields and sat on the grass. “Girls, you did me proud. You not only obeyed the code, but you were brave enough to stick around when everything seemed tough and unachievable. That’s what makes you a real cheerleader. You stuck by your friends and you were loyal to all of us. I’m proud to give these to you.” Mandy said and started handing out the uniforms. “Mandy?” Someone called from behind. She turned around and saw Brad, Taylor’s best friend standing behind her. “Hey Brad. What can I do you for?” She asked politely. “That was really mean what you did back there. I’m not taking you on about it, I just came to say that I think that you girls are great and the way you stick by each other and for what you believe in is great. She deserved what came to her she really shouldn’t have tried to take Taylor away from you.” He said smiling. “Yeah I guess and thanks Brad.” She said smiling. “Anytime.” He said and left. “Ladies, I have to leave you all now but I hope to see you again.
When she arrived home Wayne was sitting in her living room. “Hey.” She said and went over to hug him. “What are you doing here?” She asked sitting down. “Wayne came by to ask if it was okay if you go with him and the rest of the crew to Los Angeles for a bonding session.” Deborah said walking in from the kitchen. “And?” Mandy asked trailing off. “I said you can go as long as he will take full responsibility for you and keep you safe the entire trip.” She said looking at Wayne seriously. He crossed his heart. “When do we leave?” Mandy asked excitedly. “Tomorrow. I’ll be by at around 11 to pick you up.” Wayne said and left. Mandy ran up the stairs to her room and started throwing all kinds of things into her suitcase. That night she could barely sleep she was so excited.