Status: Finished

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 9

Wayne and Mandy were more in love than ever. He wrote her a song in which he proposed to her in. She accepted and they got engaged. He bought a new house on the other side of the city far away from the Lautner’s and all their troubles. He and Mandy started working on their separate albums in the fall. Mandy sat on a couch listening to Wayne record. “Hey girl!” Shanell shouted as she sat down next to Mandy. Mandy waved nonchalantly and smiled. “What’s the matter?” Nicki asked looking at her friend seriously. “Nothing.” Mandy said blankly. When Wayne was finished recording he walked right passed Mandy and took no regard to her presence. “Wayne don’t you see your beautiful fiancée is sitting right here?” Nicki asked sarcastically. “Hi Mandy.” He said with a cold tone in his voice. Mandy sighed painfully and got up to leave. “Wait for him in his office.” Shanell said winking. Mandy shrugged and went up to Wayne’s office and sat on the desk waiting.
Mandy waited for a long time and was facing the window when someone walked through the door. “I’m sorry I didn’t know there was someone in here.” A young woman with long hair said. Mandy got off the desk and waved it off. “Are you looking for Wayne?” She asked sweetly. The woman nodded. “I’m Tylia, are you a friend of Wayne?” She asked. Mandy simply nodded. “He and I have been dating for a month and a half now and let me tell you it has been amazing.” She said sitting down on the couch. Mandy pulled out her phone and frantically started typing on her phone.
Nicki get up here fast –Dawnie
What’s up? –Barbie
Just please. And bring Shanell –Dawnie
Moments later Nicki and Shanell burst through the door. “Who are you?” Shanell asked looked at Tylia with a disgusted look on her face. “Wayne’s girlfriend.” She said simply. “Let me tell you something trick this is Wayne’s FIANCEE.” Nicki said pulling Mandy closer. “He never mentioned anything about a fiancée.” Tylia said remorseful. Wayne opened the door then closed it again. Shanell grabbed him by his dreads and pulled him back inside. “Wayne who is this?” Mandy asked. “I don’t know.” He said shrugging. “Really? Cause she claims she’s been your girlfriend for quite some time now.” Mandy said crossing her arms. “Wayne how could you?” She said chocking back her tears. She ran out and got in her car driving towards her old house. She pulled up in the drive and just looked at that big three story house that had been empty for the past two years. She got out and opened the door coughing when dust blew in her face. She slowly made her way up the marble stairs looking at all the family photos which hung against the wall. Her heart started aching. At the top of the stairs she made a left and went down four stairs before she reached her old bedroom. The door creaked when she opened it. Most of her things still remained in their place. The big brown bear that was sitting in the driver’s seat of her Audi on the morning of her sixteenth birthday sat on her bed now. She grabbed her bear and went straight to her parents’ bedroom. She threw herself on the bed and started sobbing.
Hours passed when Mandy’s phone vibrated in her pocket. She pulled it out and saw she had 10 messages, Wayne, Nicki, Shanell and Drake’s names all flashed across her screen. She clicked on Drake.
Mandy are you okay? –Drizzy
I’m fine –Dawnie
Please Mandy, just tell us where you are. Everyone is so worried. –Drizzy
I said I’m fine Aubrey –Dawnie
Mandy. –Drizzy
What? –Dawnie
Please. –Drizzy
You promise you won’t tell Wayne? –Dawnie
Cross my heart. –Drizzy
2145 Clarion Drive. –Dawnie
Drake stopped replying after that. Mandy shrugged and put her phone back in her pocket. Minutes later there was a knock on the front door. Mandy furrowed her browns and went downstairs. She slowly opened the door in fear that it might be Wayne, instead it was Drake. “Hey Aubrey.” Mandy said softly. “Mandy.” He said and wrapped his arms around her pulling her into a tight hug. “I’m so glad you’re okay everyone was really worried.” He said. “You didn’t tell them where I was did you?” She asked pulling away from him. He shook his head and followed her into the living room. “Sorry I can’t be very hospitable but no one’s lived here for almost three years so.” She trailed off. “That’s okay.” Drake said reassuring her. Mandy nodded nervously. “Hey, don’t worry. Wayne told that girl to leave him alone. They never dated trust me, she just used to follow him around and stalk him. Wayne would never cheat on you.” Drake said putting his hand on her shoulder. “Then why has he been acting so cold towards me?” She asked looking up at him. “That I don’t know, but what I do know is that I have never seen that man look at anyone the way he looks at you. He really does love you Mandy and when you disappeared on us today he went ballistic trying to find you.” He said smiling at her. “Really?” She asked. He nodded. “I have to go, will you be okay here tonight?” He asked. Mandy nodded and walked him to the door.
Wayne walked into his house angry. He went upstairs and fell down on the bed putting his head in his hands. When he looked up his eye caught sight of a picture of Mandy that stood next to his bed. He took it when they were in Los Angeles before she moved in with him. He thought to himself about how beautiful she looked in that black bikini and how she made him feel every time she wore it. Ruby barked. Wayne laughed at the dog who immediately rolled over onto her back. “I fucked up big time with your mom huh?” He said looking at the dog. His phone vibrated in his pocket.
2145 Clarion Drive –Drizzy
What? –MrCarter
Mandy dumbass –Drizzy
Thanks man –MrCarter
Wayne ran downstairs to his car and no speed in the world could get him to Mandy fast enough. When he got to her former home he was in awe. The house was ten times bigger than she led him to believe. He got out the car and went to the door. To his surprise it wasn’t locked. He went inside and slowly made his way up the stairs to the only room that’s light was burning. Mandy was sitting on her bed with her back to the door talking quietly. He crept up behind her and put his arms around her. At first she screamed feeling threatened but quieted down when she realized it was Wayne. “I’m so sorry baby.” She said turning around. “No, I’m sorry. I should’ve been honest to you from the beginning but I didn’t want you to worry.” He said genuinely. “It’s okay.” She said shrugging. “Will you come home now?” He asked. “I am home.” She said looking around. “This is my home.” She continued. “I meant to our home.” Wayne answered picking up on her whit. Mandy nodded.