Status: Complete

Torn Between Lust and Love

Chapter 7

Mandy flew back to South Africa to make amends. She made her way back to the production studio where she met Benedict, but they told her that he’d moved home. He now had his own recording studio in Welkom. She asked if he had found another girl to love yet, but he hadn’t. Mandy knew she had to make the trip to where he was. It took hours, but she finally got to where she needed to be. It was late when she arrived, she had to check into a hotel before she could see him but she knew that she would see him again in the morning.
The next morning Mandy woke early. It was raining outside but she was determined to make things right. She drove to his studio and saw his car standing outside. Her heart started pounding and she was unable to hide her excitement. She ran inside the building. She saw him standing on the other side of a glass wall on the other side of the room, but she was stopped. “May I help you?” A young man with glasses and a mini afro asked. “I need to see Benedict.” She said keeping her eyes focused on him. “He’s busy.” The man replied. “I don’t care.” Mandy said and pushed passed him to where he was. “Benedict.” She said. He looked at up and when he saw her he smiled. She ran to him and jumped into his arms. “I love you.” She said and kissed him hard.
Benedict and Mandy were back at his house. He looked at her and touched her all the time as if she were a ghost and not really there. “I’m really here.” Mandy said laughing. He laughed too. “I know, I just can’t believe that you’re here.” He said pulling his hand back. Mandy nodded. “I had to come back. I found a letter I wrote to you when I was still here, it must’ve been before the accident.” She said. “What did it say?” He asked looking at her seriously. Mandy looked out the window. She drew a deep breath. “Something has been haunting me for a while now. Something that could change our future completely. Something that changed my life and yours in the same way.” She repeated the exact words of the letter with great difficulty. Her heart swelled and ached as she spoke but by the time she’d finished explaining her heart didn’t hurt anymore. “It’s over now, I have you and that’s all that matters.” She said taking his hand into her own.
Mandy and Wayne were divorced in the weeks that followed. He let her go without a fight. He knew that her heart never really and truly belonged to him. He loved her and he knew that she loved him but that she’d loved Benedict more and that deep down she wanted to be with him. Mandy and Benedict married the next year and had three of their own children, and remained in South Africa despite Benedict’s promise when she was unconscious. Mandy knew that asking him to come back with her would be selfish, all she had was friends, her family had become estranged to her when her parents died and she knew that wouldn’t change anytime soon. If Benedict were to move with her he would be leaving his whole life behind, his family, his friends, everything. She couldn’t do that to him. It wouldn’t be fair.