Pawprints

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Teenagers scare the living shit out of me they could care-" my alarm clock goes off at exactly 6:00 like its suppose to, bursting Teenagers by My Chemical. It's always a sign of a good day for me when I wake up to my favorite band, My Chemical Romance. That's the reason why I have them set as my alarm clock of course, because then every morning is a good one.

I push the blood red sheets off my pajama clad body, and get out of my comfy bed despite how I would much rather stay in bed all day then go to the horrible place I am head.

Today is my first day at my new high school. I can still remember the day a couple months ago when my mother told me about her plans of moving us halfway across the world.

I had just gotten home from school that day, my three year old brother running to the front door to greet me like any other normal day.

"Isabella, can I talk to you?" my mother asked.

That's when I knew that something was wrong, because my mother never calls me by my full name. I walked into the living room where my mother sat on her normal chair sipping on a cup of tea nervously.

"What's the matter, mom?" I asked.

I sat down on the couch across from my mother, picking my little brother up onto my lap.

My mother placed her cup of tea on the coffee table and took a deep breath.

"Your grandfather has passed away," she says.

She smiled sadly. I was confused to why my grandfather dying was such a big deal. My grandfather lived in England and I have never seen him once in my sixteen years of life.

My mother moved away to America with my father when she was pregnant with me, because her father didn't approve of him. Even when my father died a little after my little brother was born my grandfather didn't care to talk to us. Why was his death that important to us?

"Bella, your grandfather left us everything he owns," she said.

That's when my life had turned into a spiral of getting my grandfather's fortune and moving to England. Which comes to today, I've only been in this country for a day and my mother already is making me go to school. I didn't argue because if I know something about my mother it is that she never loses an argument.

"Let's get this day over with," I mutter.

I walk over to my new walk-in closet filled with clothing that I had bought yesterday at the mall. I pick out the perfect outfit for my first day at this new school. A pair of ripped skinny jeans, a grey Harry Potter sweater with the Deathly Hallows symbol with a tank top underneath, and to finish off the outfit I picked out my all black high top converse.

I quickly got dressed into my outfit and then I head over to my bathroom and I brush my long blonde hair and put it up into a messy bun on top of my head.

After I am done I check myself out in my full length mirror, nodding when I am satisfied with what I see. I swing my favorite black backpack that says, Parental Advisory Explicit Content, I over my shoulder and head down the long staircase to the kitchen of my grandfather's mansion. It still doesn't feel right to call it my home, my home is back in America.

"Izzy!"

I barely have enough time to catch the little ball of joy that comes running straight into my arms. "Connor, what are you doing up this early?" I ask.

My little brother gives me the cutest puppy dog face in the world. "I wanted to say good-bye."

I giggle at my adorable blue eyed little brother. "I'll see you when I get home, why don't you go back to bed?" I ask.

Connor nods kissing me on the cheek before he hops out of my arms and disappears down the hall to his bedroom.

After I'm sure my little brother is safely in his room I head outside to my brand new motorcycle. It was a bribe from my mother when we first arrived here in England. She thought that if she got me something I've wanted since I got my drivers license I wouldn't be mad at her about moving us halfway across the world. Frankly that didn't happen. I hop onto the beautiful vehicle and put my black helmet on, before I start up the engine and head off on my way to my new school.

***

When I arrive at the school I feel everyone's eyes on me. This is why I never liked being the new student, people stare at you all day trying to figure out what type of person you are. According to their stares of envy and want I am something that they don't normal get around here.

I park my motorcycle in the students parking lot before I turn the engine off and take the keys out of the ignition, putting them into my backpack.

I walk with confidence through the school parking lot hearing all the whispers of gossip that are being passed around. I ignore the stares and whispers and walk through the front doors of the school. I look around the school looking for the main office with no luck, this school is a lot bigger then the one I went to back home in America.

"Can I help you find something?" I hear an Australian accent in the male voice.

I turn around to see a boy around my age with blonde hair which he has styled into a quiff and these piercing blue eyes that I swear could look deep into my soul.

"Actually yes, can you escort me to the main office?" I ask the kind boy.

The boy nods obediently leading the way to the main office.

"My name is Luke Hemmings by the way."

I give the boy, who's name I now know is Luke a small smile. "My name is Isabella Lockwood, but please call me Bella or Izzy."

The boy turns around to face me and stops walking making me do the same. He sticks his hand out for me to shake, I kindly take it into mine and give it a firm shake. "It's nice to meet you, Bella."

Luke leads me the rest of the way to the main office. Before I walk inside I turn to Luke and give him a quick hug to thank him for being so kind "I'll see you at lunch, Luke."

He gives me a quick wink before heading in the opposite direction of the main office, off to his first class. I take a deep breath before I walk into the office.

The secretary behind the desk looks nice and caring, unlike the ones I had at my old school who were all mean and bitchy.

"How may I help you, sweetie?" the lady asks, when she notices me standing inside the office.

"My name is Isabella Lockwood the new student."

The lady's eyes widen when I tell her my name. She bows her head to me in a formal manner as if I was royalty or something, making me blush a little. "Your grandfather was a great man," she says.

I give her a kind smile. "Thank you I never met him, but I'm sure he was a wonderful man."

The lady grabs a paper from off her desk and hands it to me. "Here's your schedule. Let me give you a pass so that you won't get into trouble for being late."

I grab the schedule that's being handed to me and watch as the lady starts to fill out a pass for me. I give her a quick "Thank you," before quickly leaving the office.

I look down at my schedule seeing that my first class is Music which is in room number twenty-three. I walk down the halls of the school looking for the room number, it takes me a long time to find the classroom that when I finally do class is about over. As I get closer to the door of the classroom I smell this strong scent that music have been coming from inside that classroom. It was an amazing scent it smells like peppermint and the winter forest.

"What an interesting smell?" I think to myself in wonderment.

I walk into the classroom trying to make as little noise as possible, unfortunately the door opens with a loud squeak making everyone turn to see who has walked into the classroom this late in class.

I stop in my tracks when the scent from outside in the hallway hit me with full force. The scent being so strong it was starting to make me dizzy.

"Mate," something inside my head growls.

"Mate?" I think surprised.

Why am I suddenly hearing voices in my head? Am I suddenly going insane, because there certainly isn't a logical explanation for this.

I snap out of my thoughts suddenly realizing I was just standing there at the door with everyone in the room staring at me in wonderment, including the teacher.

"I'm the new student, Isabella Lockwood," I say breaking the long silence.

Gasps go through out the big room, everyone suddenly surprised. Why is everyone acting so weird around me in this school? It's like they have never had any new students before. Which maybe they haven't.

I walk through the room, passing all the gawking teenagers to the front of the classroom where the handsome and young teacher is standing. Every step I take closer to him the stronger the wonderful scent gets, that when I am standing right in front of him it's practically unbearable.

"The lady in the office told me to give you this."

I hand the slip of paper that the secretary had given to me out for him to take. He grabs a hold of the paper I am holding out to him, accidentally brushing his hand against mine. I feel a weird sensation from where our hands had touched, it was almost like little shocks that went throughout my whole body starting from the place where our hands had met. The sensation shocked me and I couldn't help but gasp and drop the paper.

"Mine."

It was a normal word, but the way he said it made it sound so animalistic and I had no idea why that was. What did all these things mean? What is happening in my deceased grandpa's town?

I get knocked out of my thoughts by the bell ringing, loud above my head, making me jump. My legs feel like jello making me stuck in that spot staring down at the tiled floor confused by everything that has been happening today. First the stares outside, then the secretary and now this? What the hell is going on here?

All of a sudden the wind is knocked out of me the feeling soon being replaced by those weird sparks from earlier, as I get pulled into a crushing embrace, strong arms wrapping around my waist. I stand there not moving in the man's embrace his arms around me feel like they belong there in a way. The man buries his head into the crook of my neck, inhaling a deep breath.

"You are perfect."

That's when someone else pulls me away from the strong man and into their own warm arms.

"Keep your dirty hands off my alpha, Irwin!" the person growls.

The man rips me away from the warm arms of my new friend Luke and I am back in the man's strong and gentle arms. "Keep your dirty hands off my mate, Hemmings," the man mocks.

Alpha? Mate? I look between the two men wondering what the hell they are talking about. I decide to ask them maybe they'll give me an answer.

"What the hell are you guys talking about?"

They both turn to look at me surprised, like I am stupid not knowing what they are talking about. Well, I have no damn idea what is going on and what these crazy words mean.

"You have no idea what you are?" The man I still don't know the name of asks.

I shake my head, looking between the two of them curiously.

"You are a werewolf, Isabella and you just so happen to be the mate of the alpha of the Black Blood pack. Me."
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's chapter 1! I hope you like it! If not tell me why?!