Status: completed; for BringMeTheFuentes (Richy)

Coming Out

what do you want to tell us?

“What is it that you want to tell us, Richy?” your mother asked holding a tray of cookies and lemonade as she stood before you. Your father sat forward on the couch opposite of you, his hands folded as he studied you and Ravi.

Your heart beat heavily as your tongue constantly darted out to moisten your dry lips. Ravi’s eyes watching you pressing you to go ahead and get it over with. “I…we-” It was difficult to get the words past your lips. You faltered, meeting your mother’s eyes. “Can I have a glass of lemonade?” you asked.

“Of course.” Smiling brightly, she promptly set down the tray, pouring you a glass. She sat down herself next your father, handing you the cup. You slurped down the liquid but not too quickly to avoid talking.

Omonim, do you mind if I have a cookie?” Ravi asked after, sending your mother one of his cheeky smiles. She nodded, extending the tray to him, and he took one, taking small bites.

You were both stalling. It had been difficult enough to build up the courage to ask your parents to invite Ravi for the weekend, but to tell them the truth—that aside from you and Ravi living together the past few months, you were a couple—you were shaking. Mostly because you were unsure how they would react, but the other part of you dreaded having to actually put a label on what you and Ravi had to others. How were you going to do this?

You had been so taken by your thoughts; you hadn’t realized you had practically been sucking air. Ravi gently tipped the end of your cup and you removed it, muttering apologetically.

“Just go ahead and tell us, Richy.” Your father pressed fully focused on you. “We can tell something’s bothering you.”

“Whatever it is. We want to help,” your mother added. “We love you.”

It took all you had to remain composed, as your parents’ concern for you seemed sincere. You bit your lip to distract you from crying. Your eyes locked with Ravi’s and he rubbed your back comfortingly, assuring you to go on. “Tell them.”

“Tell us what?”

“Mom…Dad…Ravi and I are more than roommates.” You closed your eyes, unable to continue. One of Ravi’s hands took yours and he spoke up. “We’re together,” he finished.

You met your parents’ wide-eyed gaze between you two, unable to read them. Ravi’s hand was being death gripped by yours as you waited for them to say something—anything to you.

“Finally.” You heard your dad sigh.

Your brow quirked, “What do you mean ‘finally’?”

Your mother spoke up this time, looking lovingly at your father. “We had our suspicions when we visited you last time. How bare the other bedroom looked, the way you seemed to talk to each other but were holding back…we felt something was off.”

“The whole time we were waiting for you to introduce him, but you didn’t, so we just waited, thinking you weren’t comfortable.” She looked down at her interlocked hand. “But we want you to feel like you can tell us anything. You’re our baby and we love you, Richy, no matter what.”

“So, you don’t mind us dating?” You blinked, curious of their quick acceptance.

“Not unless you do,” your dad answered. “Like your mother said, we love you. You’re our only child and we wouldn’t trade that experience for anything else.”

You reached out and gave each of your parents’ hands a loving shake. You couldn’t believe how easy it had been to finally tell them the truth. It felt as if someone had unlocked the cage you’d been living in and set you free. You were relieved.

After spending a little bit more time answering your parents’ questions about you and Ravi’s relationship, you and Ravi decided it was time to head back to your place. You hugged your parents and were surprised how quick they had taken to Ravi, hugging him also.

Driving along, you were surprised when he had missed the turn off for your apartment. “Where are you going? We missed the turnoff for home.” A sneaky smile formed on his lips as he kept his eyes on the road ahead. “I’m so proud of you for today that I think you deserve a reward.”

“But shouldn’t we go home for that?” You winked mischievously.

“As much as I would normally love to celebrate that way,” he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, getting turned on at the thought. “I was thinking something more along the lines of ice cream.”

“That works too,” you laughed, placing your hand on Ravi’s shoulder and giving him a short kiss on the cheek. All in all, you were happy that you and Ravi could now love each other so openly in front of your family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks BringMeToTheFuentes for being one of my biggest supporters lately. I hope you really liked this scenario. :)