Mint Splatter

1

"Remember when we met?" Chanyeol chuckled as he slipped beneath the red satin sheets. His hand slid across the fabric and gently touched Carese's upper arm in a desperate attempt to keep her awake for just a few more moments.

The pink and orange hues were blinding her and she held up a hand in attempt to block the rays. Chanyeol tilted his head so shielf her soft brown eyes from the sunset. His tongue jutted out and lapped at the mint liquid that was running down the cone, never breaking eye contact with the nervous girl across from him.

Carese let out a sigh and gave him a small smile as she finally tasted her dulce de leche ice cream that was practically soup now. Her eyes finally dilated enough for her to properly see the goofy smile across his face and his warm eyes staring back. She wasn't sure what was hidden in them. She hoped he wasn't too upset at how hot today had turned out. They were originally going to go to the beach, but after discovering she never did bring her bathing suit, she diverted plans and suggested ice cream. At least it was still a good idea for such brutal weather. Her mouth parted slightly, but before she could get a word out his tower of ice cream came tumbling down and hit the table, splattering green liquid straight on to her tangerine flowy top and her own ice cream.

"Um..." was all he could offer her as his stare intensified. By now he looked slightly deranged, his eyes were bulging out of his head and his hand was still gripping the empty cone in the air.

Carese unwillingly let out a giggle as she glanced down at her shirt.

"I'm so sorry," Chanyeol jumped from the table, the sun blinding her once again, and carelessly dropped his cone alongside the melting ice cream. He was back before she could even blink with an extended arm offering her 200 too many napkins. She smiled a bit, her pulse racing, her mind blank, and took them all. He was kneeling down to get a better look as she dabbed the green out of her shirt.

"Ice cream doesn't stain, does it? I can buy you a stain removing pen. Better yet, let me take you to the closest shop. Wait, no, you can stay here as I get you a shirt, and you can change in the bathroom. I'll take your shirt to the dry cleaners and pay for it." he rambled without thinking as she collectively dried her shirt. She glanced up at him, then to the table, and offered him back the 199 one too many napkins.

"Chanyeol," Carese laughed a bit, her cheeks warming. "Thank you, but it's fine, really. It's nothing a regular washing machine can't take care of. And look, you can't really notice the stains." she gestured to her shirt, noting how dry it had gotten already thanks to the massive heat wave.


"Unfortunately," Carese half way let out a laugh as Chanyeol pulled her to her back.

"What do you mean, 'unfortunately'?" he mumbled into the pillow.

"I was hoping we'd forever put that day behind us." she teased. He twisted his long body around and met her face with that same goofy grin from their first date. She could see the reflection of the lamp on the nighstand behind her in his sleepy eyes. Tufts of hair were sticking out in every direction from earlier and she couldn't help but laugh at how cute he looked.

"But why? You don't-" Chanyeol started before Carese pushed her pillow into his face. "Ah, don't be like that!" he laughed and threw her pillow to the floor.

"Then you don't be like that!" she laughed back as he tugged her into his chest. For a moment she was going to push him away, simply because she was too tired to play like this, but forgot about this idea after he began gently rubbing her shoulders. She sighed, her eyes fluttering shut as she returned the embrace, and smiled into his chest.

"All I'm saying is I never would have thought you'd be the type to attack me on the first date." Chanyeol quickly muttered out as he brought her closer.
They stopped at the small cafe they'd been eyeing for hours on end after roaming what the city had to offer. Carese, wearing the green chiffon shirt Chanyeol insisted on buying her, smiled as she waiter returned with their food. Chanyeol sat across from her and was peering towards the bay.

"Thank you again, by the way." she stole back his attention as she gently tugged on her shirt.

"Thank you for letting me buy it, and also for not returning home after that, uh... scenario."

She nodded gracefully as they both began to eat. If she was being honest, she never would have guessed that she would spend her entire day with Park Chanyeol. That night before she'd been tossing and turning, wondering just why he thought it was a good idea to choose swimming as their first date. She was fond of swimming, sure, but swimming with a complete stranger as a date? She thanked her forgetfulness only once her entire life, and that was when she forgot to pack her swimsuit in her luggage.

She smiled slightly at how natural things had felt today. She swore that the ice cream incident was the ice breaker - maybe even the only reason she didn't apologize and leave. When they had visited the street shops and held up tacky counterfeit pieces of clothing to their body, she was convinced he was not the guy she assumed he was.

It was then she realized the only one eating was Chanyeol. She laughed gently and glanced down before taking a bite.

"What's so funny?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. "If you're laughing at my ears, feel free to say so. I think they're my biggest asset." he pursed his lips and raised a hand to nudge his ear. He shot her a sultry look as he traced over his lobes and swiveled his head from side to side to give her a better view.

And that's when she leaned over the table, took him by the chin, and kissed him. His eyes were wider than the moon by now, his mouth opening as she returned to her side of the table.


"I guess I just knew I loved you from the start." Carese's smile grew wider as she glanced over at him. Chanyeol looked down at her, tightening his grip on her shoulders, and returning a dreamy smile.

"I was in love with you the moment you let me spill my ice cream on you and told me it was okay." he sheepishly grinned at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
while i was googling park chanyeol under images i totally stumbled upon your Mibba pictures, Carese xD