Sequel: Deeply Bound

Simple Affair

Making Oneself

I spent hours downstairs in my home office writing. When away from home, if an idea, scene, or anything that I thought would be great for my book I would start a note on my smart phone and save it so that I could transfer it to my document later. I finished my first draft within months, a full length one hundred-thousand-word novel. I had the luxury of being able to hand my work off to friends and family to proofread and help edit. While I waited for their feedback, I started learning how to publish and market this book.
Marketing is a mystery to me but in knowing nothing about it and a combination of being part naïve and part fearless, I decided to get onto social media as a way to market myself while my novel was being reviewed. I started building my author profile by joining Twitter and creating a Facebook page.
You must be wondering why I am telling you this. What is the point of me giving the details into writing a book and wanting a family, and how does the social media side come into it? I may have lost you. My full lips press together as I sit here alone at my desk. I am certain that I have lost you or you are now totally bored with this story and are about to put it down. I ask you to read a little further because I promise that this will link together.
To summarize, I wrote a book, published it, and did all the marketing myself, so what right, so do a thousand others if not more. I am going to bring this story forward from November to July of the following year. In that time, I marketed myself as an author and gained thousands of followers on social media. I would not classify myself as a social media star, but I believe that my online presence was starting to snowball, and that summer was when I published my book. It generated a little extra pocket money which was an assurance that I was on track as a new author and that my book was a good start.
Did I get you back? I am crossing my fingers here at my desk hoping so. We are only a few pages in. Please read on a little further.
♠ ♠ ♠
Follow me on:

Twitter @AuthorCRMisty

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCRMisty/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/105706338719722174802