Status: Should I continue this story?

The Answer's in the Smile.

1

A/N: I've found a Jalex fic I'd written ages ago?!? My English was horrible back then but I'm not going to change the storyline, I'll just check my grammar mistakes and correct them so I don't sound too stupid. I can't promise this story is going to be any good since I can't even remember what it is about, but enjoy nonetheless! Adri x

-

"No hoods in class Mr. Barakat" I looked down at what I was writing; I frowned as soon as I realised how bad my handwriting was. It had never been too good, but I used to rush my writing whenever the ideas or words that went through my mind seemed good enough to be written down.

I stared at the lyrics I wrote down a few minutes before Mrs. Robinson had called me out. How do I keep my head up when the world's crashing down in front of me? I glanced back at my English teacher as she told me to take my hood off once again.

"Sorry" I muttered as I did what I was told.

I brushed my hand through my black and blonde skunk hair, trying to fix it a little before focusing on the words in front of me. As per usual, I caught some of my classmates staring at me for a split second, though they immediately turned their heads and the lecture carried on smoothly until the end of the lesson.

These little scenes happened quite frequently seeing how often I used to zone out, making teachers call my name and get noticed by everyone who was previously chattering around with their friends. I didn't mind the stares and the immature comments, I didn't know them and they didn't know me, so why care about what people you don't care about say?

I crossed my arms over my chest and put my pen down after I had closed my notebook so that the teacher could see that she was now getting my full attention.

A scrunched piece of paper had been thrown at my desk. I turned my head around to see if anyone was looking at me while I unfolded it with my fingertips. I then noticed a blondish boy sitting next to me, I had never seen him in any of my classes before, just looking at the paper in my hands as he raised an eyebrow and bit his lip. Damn, he has thick eyebrows. He flicked his hair to keep it styled to the side and looked up to meet my eyes again.

I read what the paper said. I looked back at him and rolled my eyes. I ripped the paper sheet off and stared at my English teacher until I saw the blonde haired boy throwing yet another piece of paper at my desk. For fuck sake. I'm new here. Could you show me around later? God, why are teenagers so childish these days.

I remember when I used to throw pieces of paper at my friends when I was a kid. We would write silly comments about whatever teacher was lecturing us, and pass the paper sheet through all the desks so everyone could know what we were talking about. I once got caught by my English teacher back when I was 13 and she made me stay at school once the class ended. Even though my mum was really angry at me that evening, my friends and I had a good time and that was the only thing that mattered at the time. That was back when I had genuine friends.

I rolled my eyes at him once again and headed over to the door the second the bell rang. I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. I turned around to face the kid again. He looked so shy and innocent, I could almost cut the awkwardness between us with a knife.

I asked him what he wanted, and he told me he just wanted to talk, so we did. This kid was new at the school, yet he was talking to me like we had been best friends since the moment we were born. I didn't like it a bit but I actually felt sorry for the boy. He was new, I knew what being the new kid at school felt like, so I thought I would make him feel a tiny bit more comfortable on his first day. This was never happening again; I would carry on with my loneliness and he would carry on being the new kid who talked to the weird kid on his first day at school.

The both of us had a free lesson at the same time, so we took that as a chance to head over to the cafeteria for lunch. After we were done having lunch, he swore he would never taste the cafeteria's food ever again and I laughed.

I showed him around and we ended up sitting next to each other in the same class again.
We sat at the back of the class, because I told him so and he didn't mind it.

He stared at our teacher, a tall young man, brownish hair who wore vans, band tees and sweatpants almost every day. Music was the best class ever. Mr. Hills didn't even teach us music or anything. We just talked, played some music if we wanted to, or even went out for a walk.

We pretended to be paying attention at what the older man was saying until they all headed out leaving just the two of us in the empty class. The other boy analysed the class, quietly looking at every single object in it. When he finished, he turned to look at me but didn't say a word. I didn't want him to be my friend, I didn't need him, I didn't need anyone by my side. I just had to tell him that.

"I'm not friendly" I admitted looking away.

Even if we weren't friends, we could talk at school. Right? I looked down at my abused skin and frowned in frustration and looked back up to meet the other boy's eyes. His mouth shut as he breathed soundly.

"I never got your name" I said, watching him take off my hoodie.

"I'm Alex. I know, your name is Jack" He said simply, trying to pull a smile. I just nodded and looked at him.

"Are there more?" He asked. Why would I even have to answer that? Of course I had more bruises but I didn't plan on telling him.

"Just on my upper arm" I said pointing at my arm. "Why are you doing this?" I asked. He stayed in silence a few second, chewed the inside of his cheek and shook his head looking down. I decided not to push it.

When the bell went off, we shared phone numbers and skype usernames just in case we desperately needed to talk or chat. I still didn't want to be his friend but I guessed he really wanted to, and I was obviously not going to let him down.

As soon as I got home, the ringtone of my phone went off. It was him, Alex. I didn't bother picking up; I was tired of school and dumb classmates trying to be cool with their pop music and caked-up faces. The ringtone went off again, and again.

I picked up the phone when the ringtone went off for the fifth time.

"Hmm?"

"Hey Jack"

"You just called me five times" I stated.

"I- uh yeah. M'sorry"

"What did you want again?

"Can we talk?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Just because"

"Please?"

"Why? Why me over a million people on earth"

"I can't stay much on the phone or my dad is going to-"

"What?"

"Nothing, nevermind. I'm sorry, see you tomorrow"

The line went dead. "I can't stay much on the phone or my dad is going to-" To do what? What the hell is wrong with this kid? I thought about calling him this time but remember? I didn't want to be his friend. So I didn't.

I tucked myself in bed and waited for the next morning to arrive as yet another sleepless night passed by.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updates on Sundays? Maybe?