Status: Should I continue this story?

The Answer's in the Smile.

3

Alex pulled out his keys and opened the front door to his two storey house.

He went inside but I stood there, analysing everything I could catch from where I was instead. I could tell it was a huge house from the outside. It had at least 5 rooms in every storey. He rolled his eyes and smiled before grabbing me by my arm and pulling me up into what I guessed was his room. I felt sick to my stomach when I realized that he didn't have anything up on his walls like I did.

He told me to sit next to him on his king sized bed and to get comfortable. I looked around and noticed that his laptop was on, I then looked closely trying to figure out who were both figures standing on the screen wallpaper. I made my way to his desk, sitting down on the big wooden chair. They were two kids hugging each other, laughing. I turned my head to face Alex, who was now sitting on the edge of his bed looking at the screen as well.

"Who are them?" I asked. He just smiled and took a little chair and sat next to me. He pointed out to the little boy hugging the petite girl at the park. I looked at him as he opened his mouth.

"That's me" My jaw dropped at his last word. He was so cute; I couldn't believe it was the same person I was staring at. I placed my thumb and index fingers on his chin and turned his face to mine so I could analyse him better. I looked at the screen and back at him, I did the same thing way too many times. I smiled and took a look at the little girl wearing a light pink dress and white shoes. Her hair was almost white but you could tell that it was a really light blonde colour. He then pointed at the little girl.

"And that's my little sister" Even if I had known him for two days, I had never seen him smile so much.

"She's so pretty" I said, because it was true. He just nodded and turned off the laptop. He laid on his bed, I followed him. I glanced around his bedroom again, taking a look at a frame placed just next to my bedside.

"Are these your parents?" I said, picking up the frame. He just nodded. I stared at the picture for a few minutes.

~ FLASHBACK~

"Mom! May won't let me sleep!" May and I shared a huge bedroom in our old house. We had separated beds with our own desks and everything. It was almost 10PM and I should have been sleeping by then because the next day was the first day of 7th grade. My little sister was always trying to play with me or annoy me.

I heard footsteps and May immediately got off my bed and got into the other one, giggling as the little girl she was. My mum appeared at the door with a frown on her face.

"What's going on honey?" She looked at May as she tried to hide herself under the sheets.

"She just wants to play with you Jack" She said, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I know but school-" May jumped into my bed and hugged me tight by my neck.

"Mum I want to sleep with Jack!" She screamed kissing my cheeks over and over again. My mom smiled at the fact of how much we loved each other.

"That's okay honey but just go to sleep okay? Jack has to wake up early tomorrow and if he doesn't sleep, the monsters that are hidden under his bed are going to take him down there and we won't see him ever again!" She exclaimed pointing down at my bed. May shut her eyes in horror and hugged me putting her little head down on my chest. I kissed her hair and laid down on my bed again.

"Thanks mom" I laughed. She leant down and kissed my cheek followed by another kiss on my forehead. May raised both hands in the air and took my mom by her neck.

"I want a kiss too!" She shouted.

"What? Joyce, are you kissing our children without my consent?" Joked my dad, he was standing by our bedroom the door. He stepped in and kissed both of us. He glanced at me then.

"7th grade tomorrow kiddo. You're going to do great" He said stroking some of my head. Both mum and dad stopped at the bedroom's door holding hands. I smiled. They were so happy together, because they loved each other.

"I love you both so much" He then said. It was sincere; my dad never lied about his feelings. He was a great man.

"I love you too" I said smiling. 'My life is perfect' I thought.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

I snapped back and saw Alex standing millimetres away from my face. I frowned and pushed the chair far from him.

"You were daydreaming" He said, repeating my action.

"Yeah" I replied, smiling at the memory.

"You're also tearing up" He said with a little laugh.

I frowned again, noticing hot tears running my cheeks. I wasn't sad. I was really happy because I could remember every single move and action of my childhood and to be honest, it was beautiful. But then again, I thought about my teenage years and what was going on right then and I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't want to tell him anything about my family, my sister or my life. Because I wasn't friends with him, we were just classmates.

"Just happy memories" I simply said.

"Any high school girl involved?" He asked laughing. I let out a light laugh. I wasn't sure about what I should have answered but I guessed he was the only one I could really tell anything.

"Nah, just my sister and family" I said, I wondered what kind of music he listened to but I supposed that wasn't the moment to ask him.

"I once had a sister too" He said pointing at his laptop.

"The little girl you saw earlier" He shook his head when he saw that my face went stale.

"It's okay. Don't say anything; you don't have to say that you're sorry or anything. I think I'm over it. I just wanted to tell you in case you don't notice her presence around here" He explained. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"What makes you think that we're going to see each other more often?" I snapped, feeling guilty because even if he said he was over her sister's death, I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"I feel good around you. The fact that you listen to me and that you're here comforts me. I feel so alone when I'm at home. Even if my parents are right next door, I can't stand them arguing. School is my favourite place ever because I don't have to face them. My mom works until late and I go out because if my dad sees me at home he-" He took a long and deep breathe.

"It's okay if you don't want to be friends with me y'know. I was just trying to make a very first one in school and you seem to be a nice person but I guess I'm not good enough. I'm sorry" He shrugged his shoulder and sighed.

How fucked up was I? I was being such a dick to him. It felt so good knowing that someone wanted to be friends with me, listen and talk to me. I was a loner and always had been. I couldn't believe that Alex wanted to be friends with me because he'd end up hurting me at some point. But then again, he was a vulnerable kid, I couldn't hurt him like that. I thought about it once, twice. Damn even for the third time before laying back down on his bed again. He let out a sob and started crying.

"Want to cuddle?" I asked smiling at him. C'mon I needed him to feel better right? He was my friend now. I had a friend.

He nodded, immediately placing his head down on my chest and wrapping his arms around my waist. He was still crying, I guessed it was because how I acted earlier, or his little speech about not being friends, or just his little sister. I put my head on his and sighed.

"Don't ever think that you're not good enough for someone. Even just being friends, Alex" He then moved one of his hands up to my stomach and looked at me.

"But you didn't want to be my friend" He said, his eyes were reddish from crying. I couldn't lie to this boy, who was now wrapping me by my waist and it felt so good.

"I wanted to be friends with you since the first time we met. Since you threw me that stupid paper at my desk. I know it's only been a day, and it's stupid but I feel safe when I'm with you. So, uh- thank you for not giving up on me" I smiled.

I smiled because all those words I spoke were utterly sincere. Alex leaned over at me and pecked my cheek. I blushed but he couldn't see my face because he was already cuddled up by my side again. I waited a few seconds and realized that he had closed his eyes; I guessed it was time to sleep.

"I will never give up on you, if you never give up on us" He said yawning.

"Pinky promise"

I'm in deep shit.