Status: Should I continue this story?

The Answer's in the Smile.

4

I yawned and with my eyes still closed, I slid my hand down on the bed trying to reach the older boy's torso, I found nothing but cold sheets instead. Alex was gone when I woke up.

I rubbed my eyes and made my way to the bathroom to refresh myself. His house was huge, I doubted that was the only bathroom in there. When I finished, I went to the kitchen hoping to find Alex making breakfast for the two of us, because that would be adorable. He wasn't there though. I looked around it. It wasn't the kitchen I had seen last night, it was a different one. I searched around the whole house popping my head in every room until I heard something upstairs, just next to Alex's bedroom.

"Please say that you don't have your own kitchen upstairs" I said looking at him, who was indeed making breakfast.

"That you don't have your own kitchen upstairs" He repeated my exact words laughing.

"Hmmm, smells good" I said getting closer to see what was he cooking. He turned to face me with a huge grin on his face.

"Do you like pancakes? I also have some cereals, coffee, whatever you want if you don't" He said, placing two plates and two cups of tea on the table next to him.

"S'alright. I've never tried pancakes before, thank you" I said taking a piece of it on my mouth. They were amazing.

"My mom used to make breakfast for all of us but she works in the morning now. My dad works at night so he will be here soon. I always make myself pancakes. I'm not the best chef out there but I know how to make some yummy pancakes to save my life" He explained sipping on his tea. I giggled. Yes, I giggled.

"I could live here so you would make pancakes for me every day. I bet your parents wouldn't even notice me" We both laughed.

"How come that change on your mind about us being friends?" He asked making circles on the table with his fingertips. I just shrugged.

~ A week later ~

I woke up and made my way to the kitchen to get some breakfast before leaving for school. Thank god my parents weren't at home, I didn't like to see them in the morning. Well, I didn't like to see them at all. My little sister May was still asleep because she got her first class after mine. My sister and I went to the same school but not together. She had her own friends and since school was 10 minutes away from our house, she used to go after me.

English was my first class, meaning that Alex would be in it. I arrived two minutes late to class because my locker wouldn't open but for my surprise, Mrs. Robinson wasn't there yet, neither was Alex.

I frowned as I sat down on my usual seat and pulled out my English book. Right then, Alex appeared at the door wearing his black hoodie and dark grey skinny jeans. I smiled at his presence but frowned again when he ignored me and took his place next to mine. He wouldn't take his hood off until Mrs. Robinson arrived to class. She excused herself and started talking about grammar stuff and blah blah blah and immediately looked back at Alex.

"Are the other day's rules going to change because of you, Mr. Gaskarth? No hoods in class" She said and looked away but Alex pretended to write something on his book while she was talking. Mrs. Robinson turned again and glanced at Alex, now raising an eyebrow.

"Didn't you hear me? Alexander. No hoods in class. Take it off or I'm going to have to talk to your parents. If I turn around once again and see you wearing the hood, you're going out" She walked to the blackboard and wrote some grammar stuff I didn't even know what it was.

I was looking at Alex the whole time. When Mrs. Robinson stopped talking he slowly grabbed the hood and pull it off, revealing an almost black/purple huge bruise on his chin. My face dropped as I glanced the other boy. He didn't look at me once, he was staring at his book or feet I wasn't sure because my vision blurred for a second.

With my mouth still opened, I turned my head and tried to pay attention at what the teacher was saying because I knew Alex wouldn't tell me what happened then and there. Once again, I found a paper on my desk. I was seriously getting sick of these texts.

"I saw your face. Don't worry, I just fell on my way" I couldn't believe it. I just had to know what happened because, I was his friend and cared about him.

"Go to the toilet in 2nd period" He looked at me and nodded. I could see the sadness and fear on his eyes, as if he was hurt.I waited for him for about 15 minutes before he stepped in the huge toilets.

"Hey" He said as we sat down on the cold and blue coloured floor. I sat in front of him, frowning and asking myself stupid questions.

"Just hey?" I asked.

"What do you want me to say? I don't even know why we came here" He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Your dad beats you up. Right?" I asked with no hesitation because I knew it was true.

"What? Are you high or something?" He laughed but I could see his eyes going more and more red each time he spoke a word.

"You act so weird when you talk about your dad, I can see you're scared of him. Alex, I'm not anyone to judge you" Quickly reaching for his hands but still not breaking the contact with his eyes. "I just want to know if it's true, because I care. I do now" He smiled a little but it faded away in a very few seconds.

"Yeah. But- it's okay. It doesn't even hurt anymore" He said smiling.

"I know it does Alex. Don't lie to yourself, please" I begged, getting closer to him.

"What do you want me to do?" He yelled at me, blinking, trying to hold back his tears.

"You don't selfharm because of this, right?" I asked gently pressing my thumb on his chin. He just shook his head heavily, someone on my mind was telling me to pull up his sleeves and another one to drop the topic. "Pull up your sleeve then" I ordered him.

He froze and shook his head now tears streaming down his cheeks. I moved and sat as close as possible to the older boy. I took his right sleeve and slowly pulled it up hoping to see nothing but his perfect soft skin. I sighed when his fresh cuts started to bleed slightly. I reached the paper roll and wrapped his wrists with it.

"Don't do that, ever again" I said firmly, trying not to sound disappointed. He spent the whole hour looking at the floor, no word leaving his lips. "Please, please Alex. I do this because I care about you okay? Please promise you won't cut again" I begged taking his hand and making little circles on it. He just shook his head no. "'I will never give up on you, if you never give up on us'. Remember? Just tell me you're not going to cut in a week. Okay? I'm not going to give up on you this fast Alex. I'm not giving up on us" I said sincerely. He nodded at I guessed the part of the selfharming. I didn't doubt it. He finally looked up to connect our eyes for the first time.

"I think you misunderstood what I meant with 'us'" He looked down at a random spot. I placed myself in front of him again and brushed my thumb into his cheek, wiping tears falling from his beautiful eyes. I, Jack Bassam Barakat couldn't believe, either understand what I was going to do but I had to try it at some point. I rested my forehead on his and looked into his reddish eyes.

"I know. But I think I understand what you mean now" I said. Softly pressing my lips to his. My heart melted at his salty taste. It wasn't long when he started kissing back and felt his hands making their way to my hair.

What more can I ask for?

-
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Just a reminder that I wrote this like 3 years ago and I'm posting it again but can't be bothered to actually re-write it or anything so I'm sorry if this sucks! x (thanks for reading anyways duh)