The New Age

Part 1

I can't breathe. At least I wouldn't be able to if I wasn't already dead; but that's just technicalities. I still get urges like humans. I still need to feed, I still need to drink. Drink. This mere word sends me into a frenzy. I lash out on the walls of the cave, trying to break free. I'm not strong enough. I haven't had a drop of blood for a week. My body can't handle it, I feel it shutting down. I need blood like those pathetic humans need air. I smell something; blood I'm sure. Maybe my mind's just playing tricks on me. No, I can definitely smell it.
"Help!" I shout as I smell the scent of blood getting closer. No one has been travelling this way since I've been trapped here. "Help!" I shout again. This time someone responds. A girl in her twenties, her blood's pumping. The blood smells so sweet, so delicious.
"Hang on, I'm going to get you out of there!" After a moment or two I see light. It doesn't burn; the sunlight thing is a myth. Do humans honestly think that a powerful creature like me would be stopped by something like sunlight? Not a chance. I muster up the last little bit of power I have left and help the girl move the rock that trapped me. She grabs me and the smell of her skin mixed with the smell of the blood rushing through her veins is heavenly; it makes me slightly dizzy.

I lean against the rock. The girl offers me water; I take it to be polite. I hand the water back and as I do so I make sure I brush the girl's hand ever so lightly. I may technically be dead and looking worse for wear but I still know how to get what I want. The girl looks up and I give her my classic smirk.
"How long have you been in there?" The girl looks down, pretending she didn't notice my look. I hate it when that happens. Why do they have to be such hard work?
"Not sure. Too long." I play it cool. I have to after all, if I want to get what I want that is.
"You look like you've been in there for a long time." The girl holds the water bottle out to me again. I wave my hand and dismiss it. I don't want water now.
"Is that the polite way of telling me I look like shit?" I smirk again, this time holding the girls gaze so she doesn't ignore my blatant look of seduction.
"No, you look fine." The girl shakes her head slightly and looks down again. Good, I've got her where I want her.
"May I ask your name?" I take my hair out of its pony tail and let it fall and cascade down my back. The girl stops, stares for a moment. Everything's going according to plan.
"Sophie." The girl says. She doesn't stop staring; normally I'd find it weird but in this case it's excellent.
"I'm Carmilla... Thanks for saving me by the way. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't come along." I put out my hand, keeping eye contact, waiting for the girl to take it. She doesn't break eye contact either; good. She hesitates, but takes my hand. I brush the skin on her hand with my thumb. I hear her breath hitch slightly. A human probably wouldn't have heard it, but I did.

I move my hand to her arm. We stay staring, eyes locked on each other. I smirk as I move my head closer. The girl doesn't back away; I've earned her trust. I'm kind of sorry that I have to do this; frankly I find her rather attractive. I move my head closer and closer; I miss her lips completely and go straight for her bare neck. I kiss gently on her neck to begin with. I don't want this to be over too soon. I gently put my hands on her back so that when the time comes she can't pull away. I bite down, gently to begin with. The girl gasps as the blood seeps out of her neck and onto my lips. The hunger dies and grows all at once. The pain isn't there but I can't stop drinking. I bite harder, I get rougher. I squeeze the girl tighter so that she doesn't move at all. I don't feel her growing heavier as her body goes limp; my strength has fully restored. I suck the last drop of blood from the girl's body and then let her fall to the ground. I put a finger to my lips, feeling the girl's blood on my mouth. I feel no remorse. It's who I am. It's instinct. I lick the blood from my lips; it would be a waste not to.

I see a flicker of something; my powers are increasing as I regain my strength. Elizabeth and Rosa, they're here. I run as fast as I can. I see them sitting billow an old willow tree; within two seconds I'm there.
"Carmilla!" Elizabeth stands up immediately. I look at both of them with distaste.
"My friends... Why did you not come to seek me? I've been gone for a week." Rosa now stands also; herself and Elizabeth look at each other wearily. I raise an eyebrow when they both look back at me. This time Rosa speaks.
"Carmilla... We just thought that you'd gone somewhere... Didn't want to be found..." I hold a hand up.
"You didn't think to check? You didn't think to just see where I might be? You didn't think to see if I was okay?" Elizabeth and Rosa look at each other again. I put my hand out and they both crash with a satisfying thump against the tree. I walk closer and look down on them.
"Listen up. The pair of you are pathetic so here's how it's going to work. We are a unit. We are supposed to look out for each other. You both listen to me and we'll be fine. Now, we were friends but I think it's safe to say that we'll have to let that take a back burner, don't you? I mean, especially after you abandoned me." Both Elizabeth and Rosa nod their heads to show their understanding. I put my hand down, allowing them to move.
"So what's the plan?" Rosa has always needed reassurance, I hate that. I ignore her for a moment. Considering options. Destruction, seduction, or just plain cold blooded murder? Rosa and Elizabeth wait patiently behind me. "Girls... It's time for the new age."