The New Age

Part 3

Elizabeth and I had tracked down the hunter; sure enough he had Rosa with him. Now we were standing on a cliff edge, waiting for the right moment. We have to catch the hunter off guard. There's no way he won't be prepared. Rosa has never been one to use her brain. She thinks with her power; her hunger.
"You don't think the hunter would have killed her already do you?" I know this has been a worry on Elizabeth's mind so I'm not surprised by the question.
"No, of course not. He knows we'll look for her. He'll keep her alive so he can kill all of us at the same time." Elizabeth steps back. She takes another step back when I move towards her.
"You mean to tell me that you've let us walk into a trap? Why? Why would you do this? We can't die Carmilla, we're the only ones left. How could you do this?" Elizabeth looks angry like I've never seen her. She's normally calm and collected; she normally trusts me.
"Elizabeth listen to me, we are not going to die! I know what I'm doing, you have to trust me. Everything will be okay." I walk over to Elizabeth; she doesn't move back this time. I kiss her softly and then look at her intently. Elizabeth smiles at me; her smile brighter than the sun. We turn back towards the hunters lair.

We make our way to where the hunter is keeping Rosa. Everything is dark which gives us an advantage; everyone knows we do our best work in the dark. The hunter left the door unlocked; he's expecting us which means we have to be extra careful. Luckily vampires are known to be very quiet. We check all of the bedrooms. There's no sign of the hunter or Rosa. I can't smell either of them; the hunter must be using something to mask the sents of both of them. I hear a noise in the basement; a muffled scream. Rosa. A growl rips out of me as I move closer to the basement. When I'm outside the door I get the feeling that I shouldn't go in; maybe it's a trap. I mean, this whole thing's a trap but this could be the trap that ends everything. If I go into the room everything could be over. If I stay out of the room and find another way to get Rosa out then all of us might survive. It's these types of decisions that I hate having to make. I take a chance and push the door open but step back as I do; then if the hunter attacks I'll be able to get out of the way quickly. To my surprise the hunter doesn't attack; Rosa is in the room alone, tied to a chair. I walk over cautiously; thinking that this could still be a trap. Whilst I'm untying Rosa I hear a noise upstairs; Elizabeth.

Rosa hisses and then makes a run for the noise; I follow after her.
"Stay where you are." The hunter has a blade to Elizabeth's throat. I feel my body go limp but I don't let myself fall to the floor. I can't let the hunter know that I'm feeling weak. I can't let the hunter know that my world is in his hands. I growl and hiss; it doesn't phase the hunter.
"Let her go!" I bellow across the room. I'm not going to lose anyone else, no way in Hell. Rosa moves a step closer to the hunter and Elizabeth but this makes the hunter push the blade into Elizabeth's throat. That's when I see the blood on the blade. Dead man's blood. Poison to Vampires.
"I said let her go!" I launch myself at the hunter and Elizabeth. It takes him by surprise so he drops the blade from Elizabeth's throat. She moves out of the way just as I make contact with the hunter and send him flying into the table. He's a lot stronger than I expected. He kicks his legs out and sends me crashing into the wall. I gasp and fall to the floor moaning in pain. Rosa launches herself at him next but he's too quick; he decapitates her before I can blink.

Elizabeth screams and goes to kick him in the face; the hunter grabs her leg before it makes contact with his face. Elizabeth falls to the floor. The hunter swings the blade up in the air. Everything slows down. I can't move. The blade comes down and makes a clean cut; seperating Elizabeth's head from her body. I can still see her eyes. Her bright blue eyes. I scream louder than I ever have before. The hunter and I lock eyes. I stand slowly and do not break eye contact the whole time. There's no way I'm letting this bitch out of my site. We walk slowly towards each other; almost movie like. The adrenaline takes over and I move faster. I swing my leg round and catch the hunter's leg; making him fall to the floor. I lunge myself on top of him and pin him underneath me. As I'm about to bite him he shifts his weight and throws me off. I'm laying on the floor. The hunter comes towards me with the blade. He rests his foot on my chest; I see Elizabeth's head. The blade comes down towards me. Everything goes black.