Flight 284

1

Sighing as she glanced at her phone, Kandi noted it was four minutes past five in the morning. It wasn't like he'd promised he'd return home tonight, in fact he never did mention when he'd get home. He simply called earlier and told her he was on his way home. Of course, that didn't stop her from tricking herself into believing he'd be home within a few hours. Besides, it wasn't like he'd been gone for long. It was only three days, yet it seemed like three weeks to her.

She leaned back into the couch and gently threw her legs to the side. The anticipation had kept her wide away until now, so she decided she might as well stay up all night. She pointed the remote at her TV and started her favorite show right from the first episode ever. If she couldn't have him physically here, she'd have him through the TV.
It wasn't long before she was answering the phone.

"Hey," she tried not to sound too tired.

"Oh," Bob laughed. "I honestly didn't think you'd be awake right now. I was going to leave you a message."

She had sat up and turned the lamp on, rubbing her eyes when her vision became blurry.

"Leave a message? You could have just texted me."

"You're right, but I was hoping you'd forgotten your voicemail password. You know, since you typically answer every single call. That way you'd spend the rest of your life wondering, now just what did Bob say in that voicemail?"

She smirked as she stretched the slightest, silently laughing at him.

"Isn't that a little redundant - to call me when you know I always answer?"

She a knock on her front door and the echo from the other line.

"You have a key." she mumbled before she let out a laugh.

She hung up and gently plopped her phone on the cushion next to her feet before glancing at the opening door. Bob walked in, his hair a casual mess, with a white bag that had familiar red script on it.

"Redundant, maybe. An act of love? Some would say no, but I say yes." he chuckled as he dropped the bag on the coffee table and leaned over the couch. With this hand on the couch's arm behind her, Bob leaned in with a smile. Kandi, her eyes reflecting what little light there was, wrapped her arms around his neck before they fell into a small kiss.

"What a strange way to tell me you love me."

Bob sank into the cushion next to her and laid his head on her arm. She could smell his cologne and smiled to herself. She inhaled through her nose deeply, content sighing as she exhaled. Three days without that smell seemed far too long.
"Maybe. But here's a classic expression of love; I brought you food."

Her eyes widened and grin grew as she glanced at the coffee table.

"Is that... Chick-Fil-A?" she reached for the bag and opened it, another great scent coming to her. By now Bob had taken off his leather jacket and thrown it to the unoccupied cushion. Kandi was looking at her food and then to her boyfriend, then back to her food and to her boyfriend once again. The color of his tee was hard to see, but she had a feeling she'd rather see him without it on.

"I was thinking, hey, why don't I just make you some form of chicken for dinner? Then I passed and thought, eh, let me get it for you. I figured you'd eat it in the morning if you really wanted it. If not, I'd eat it for you." he smiled.

A few moments passed as she took her first bite. He was glancing down at his phone, noting the number of Tweets he'd received after his Late Night Show appearance just a few hours ago.

"So how was it?" she asked between a bite.
"What, you mean to tell me you didn't watch it?" he feigned hurt. Before she could answer, he looked at the TV and let out a laugh. "Oh," he dragged out. "I see what you were doing this entire time."

Kandi raised a brow as she glanced at the TV too, soon after letting a few laughs escape. If it had been any other person, her face would have flushed and felt like it was burning. Thankfully, Bob was grinning back at her as he laid his head on her lap. She sat her food back on the coffee table and shimmied to get into a more comfortable position before running her hands through his hair. His eyes fluttered closed as she raked her fingernails through his strands, gently running across his scalp in circular motions.

"I guess I missed you." she let out a sheepish laugh, continuing to massage his head. She could hear him let out a small sigh. He rolled his shoulders a little bit before stretching out his arms, his hand causing the Chick-Fil-A bag to rustle.

"Don't steal my food!" she teased. Oddly enough, all she could squeeze out of him was a small smirk and a head nod. He hushed her and put all of the weight of his head on her lap.

"Maybe tomorrow we'll buy tickets for Australia." he nearly whispered as she move her hands to his shoulders. She rubbed gently, being sure to trace over the hem of his shirt and tickle his neck.

"Sure." she said in an unconvincing tone. Her attention had been caught by the scene on her TV and she watched as Bob - Bellamy came into the shot. Her eyes were lazy and her hands soon followed suit.

"We could fuck on the beach."

She stopped her rubbing altogether, her eyes now wide, and looked down at her boyfriend. Leave it to him to suggest sex on the beach on a different continent.

"No, really. Let's get naked and do it on the beach. We'll probably have to do it doggy style though, just because, you know... sand..." he mumbled from below with his eyes still closed.

She raised her eyebrow again, despite knowing he couldn't see her, and let out a laugh that was a little too thirsty than she'd meant. She could see them butt naked on an ideal beach without any people. She was already wondering if she should buy a new bikini or just wear last years, but she knew she'd buy another regardless of her decision right now. She slightly gripped his hair causing his eyes slowly open as she smirked down at him.

Without warning, his backlight from his phone nearly blinded her as he tapped in his password. He tapped the screen once after that and then looked up at her, his neck stretching so it was easier to make eye contact.
Without warning, his backlight from his phone nearly blinded her as he tapped in his password. He tapped the screen once after that and then looked up at her, his neck stretching so it was easier to make eye contact.

"I was actually calling earlier to ask if you wanted to go on a small vacation. I was in the middle of putting in my mailing address before I realized it would be a good idea to make sure you wanted to go, too." he raised his phone to her face, letting her see the flight 284 confirmation.

"Let's leave tomorrow night."
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to use a picture of him as Bellamy Blake, I mean, c'mon Image