Status: Complete

And Therefore Is Wing'd Cupid Painted Blind

Homework & Tea Cups

Age 12

“Roguuuueeeee.” Sting shouts from the living room. Rogue rolls his eyes, continuing to make the tea Sting had demanded only minutes earlier.

He picks up the two steaming mugs and goes to join Sting. He places a mug down on the table next to Sting’s sprawled out form. “What’s wrong?”

Sting let’s out an exasperated sigh, “I just don’t get all these formulas. How do they expect us to remember everything? It’s too hard!” He yells up to the ceiling. Rogue can only stare.

“I showed you this earlier Sting,” he places his cup down, moving closer to where Sting is lying on his back. “Come here and I’ll show you again.”

Sting flips over to his stomach now very close to Rogue, a huge grin plastered on his face. “Thanks Rogue, you’re the best, you know that?”

Rogue pushes Sting’s face away from him, “Yeah, yeah I know.” Rogue looks over the work Sting had done and frowns; the page is filled with tiny badly drawn sketches. “You really shouldn’t try drawing, Sting.” Turning his head to look at Sting he laughs at his angry expression.

Sting grabs the book out from under Rogue yelling, “Well Mr Artist if you don’t like them then don’t look at them.”

Rogue gets on his knees making his way over to where Stings moved to, “Oh come on Sting, you know I was only kidding. I love your drawings.”

“And why is it that I don’t believe you?” Sting pouts, Rogue stops.

“Well you’re just going to have to trust me, aren’t you?” Rogue says chuckling; he loves when Sting pouts like that. “Come on, get over here.”

Sting refuses to move, holding the notebook securely to his chest.

“If you don’t come over here then I’m coming over there,” Rogue states, again making his way over to Sting.

Sting holds his ground, pretending to ignore Rogue. After a minute he gives in averting his eyes to find Rogue staring intensely at him, a dark glint in his crimson eyes. Sting opens his mouth to make a snide remark when suddenly he’s knocked onto his back, the notebook pulled out of his hands and chucked away. Rogue’s fingers are on his stomach straight away tickling him into submission. Sting resists for a while not willing to give Rogue the satisfaction, until tears are streaming out of his eyes and he can’t help but scream, “Rogue stop! I give in.”

Rogue leans back on his heels, a satisfied smirk on his face, “so that homework then?”

Sting lets out a huff; he doesn’t like to be caught off guard like that.

Rogue’s smirk fades as he looks at Sting, “You know you’re my best friend, right Sting?”

Sting gives him a disappointed look, “Why do you even have to ask that?”

Rogue’s smile tugs at the corners of his mouth, becoming wider, “No reason. We’ll be friends forever right?”

At this Sting stands up and walks over to Rogue. He looks down at him wondering where this suddenly came from. He ruffles Rogue’s dark hair before leaning down so they are eye to eye, “You’re so weird, Roguie. Of course we’ll be best friends forever.”