Status: Complete

And Therefore Is Wing'd Cupid Painted Blind

Movies & Spooning

Age 14

Sting has something about him.

“You’d look so much better with this off your face,” Sting says as he lifts the chunk of hair that covers Rogue’s right eye and secures it on top of his head with a clip. “There you go. You have such a pretty face Rogue; you need to show it off more.”

Rogue can only sit there dumbfounded as Sting walks away.

“Which movie? The Cabin in the Woods or My Bloody Valentine?” Sting asks, kneeling beside the pile of DVDs on his floor, holding up the two discs for Rogue to see.

Rogue hates horror movies, Sting knows this.

“Well what are they about?” He asks, getting off Sting’s bed to go look at the DVD cases.

Sting grabs them holding them out of Rogue’s reach. “Nah ah, you just say which one you want to watch and then you’ll find out as you watch it. That’s the fun part.” He’s grinning, he enjoys tormenting Rogue.

“Come on, Sting,” Rogue pleads with him.

Sting shakes his head, “Not just pick one.

Rogue lets out a huff, “fine.” He closes his eyes, pointing to the one he hopes will be the less gruesome of the two.

“Cabin in the woods it is!” Sting shouts, getting up to put it in the DVD player.

~~.~~


Rogue hears the credits rolling from where he’s curled into Sting’s side terrified of watching what had just been playing on the screen. Sting doesn’t make a move to get up, instead content in just lying there with Rogue.

“You know Rogue, the movie wasn’t even that bad,” he says, his eyes shifting over to look at Rogue, waiting for him to look up.

“Are you kidding me?” Rogue muffles into his side, the vibration makes Sting shiver. He chuckles, finding a certain pleasure in Rogue’s discomfort. “Why would you put me through that? You know I hate scary movies.”

“Because you’re my best friend. That’s part of the job, if I didn’t make you face the things that you hate then who would? This was for your own good, trust me.” Sting’s grinning when Rogue lifts his head to look at him.

“You can be a real dick sometimes, you know that?” Rogue says unimpressed, pushing away from Sting slightly.

That smug look never leaves Sting’s face. “You’re the one who picked it.”

Rogue opens his mouth, shocked. “Neither choice would have been good. For my sake you could have picked a drama or something.”

“Pfft, how boring, if I picked a drama I wouldn’t have had the pleasure of you practically spooning into my side.”

At that Rogue pushes himself away from Sting completely, disentangling their legs.

“Like I said, you’re such a dick,” Rogue’s unimpressed.

“Come on, Roguie.” Sting tries, as he moves closer to him. Rogue moves himself further away on the mattress.

Without realising it Rogue had moved himself right to the edge of the bed and as Sting makes one final move forward Rogue shifts back again, tumbling off of the bed and straight onto the floor.

He lays there rubbing his elbow, “Dammit Sting, look what you just made me do.”

Sting peers over the edge of the bed, trying to hold back his laughter. “I didn’t tell you to move away.” When Rogue just sits there unwilling to look at Sting he sighs, “Let’s watch another one then,” he shoots him a glare, causing Sting to put his hands up in defence. “Don’t worry you can pick from any of the movies.”

Rogue gets up, slowly walking over to the pile of DVDs, looking at the titles. He pulls one out and puts it in, before walking back to the bed where Sting sits leaning against the headboard, waiting patiently.

“You better of picked a good one,” he teases as Rogue sits down next to him.

Rogue shifts every so often, attempting to get comfortable, the jostling of the bed not going unnoticed by Sting. After twenty minutes of the annoying movement he lifts his arm up, “Come here.” Rogue looks confused for a second before lying down into the same position he was in for the previous movie. Sting puts his arm around his shoulder, gently stroking Rogue’s arm.

Rogue cuddles comfortably into Stings side, hiding his face into Sting’s stomach this time in an attempt to hide his growing blush, instead of fearing what he would see on the TV screen. He stops listening to the movie, instead tuning into the rise and fall of Sting’s body as he breaths. The feel of Sting’s hand moving softly over Rogue’s exposed arm sends shivers through his body. He starts thinking that maybe just maybe Sting was feeling the same way he was and they could stay like this forever.