Status: Complete

And Therefore Is Wing'd Cupid Painted Blind

Loser & Friends

Age 20

Rogue’s decided he doesn’t like to be alone. After experiencing everything he did with Sting he craves attention, no longer satisfied with his own thoughts. The thoughts that now attack him every chance they get.

Everything was so perfect?

You had Sting, why did you have to screw everything up?


It’s been two years and Rouge’s still questioning if he should have told Sting at all, things surely would have turned out different. He could go along with his life hiding his true feelings that would ultimately rip him apart, but at least he would have Sting. He would still be by his side through everything.

Best friend’s forever, right? Pfft, what a fucking liar.

Quite honestly Rogue didn’t expect Sting to take his confession so seriously. But he just stood there looking as if Rogue was a stranger and got out of there as soon as he could. Rogue didn’t see him for a long time after that. He’s not sure what to do with himself anymore. He wishes he had more friends, but they probably would have reacted the same way as Sting. He’s not so sure he’d be good at the whole friends’ thing anyway, Sting was an exception.

~~.~~


The university campus is huge, Rogue often finds himself lost among the buildings as he tries to find his way to his art class. Today he takes one too many wrong turns and runs into someone, his sketch book clattering to the ground. He looks up ready to mumble out an apology when his eyes meet Sting’s, who’s rubbing his side where Rogue had bumped into him, surrounded by his ‘new friends’. Rogue wonders if any of them have even close to the relationship Sting and himself had, he hopes not. He shouldn’t be so surprised to see Sting on campus, the town they live in only has one university and both of them talked about enrolling after they finished college, but he was still hoping he could just avoid him all together. Never did he think that he would run into him like this.

“Watch where you’re going, loser,” He sneers.

Rogue is speechless, staring at Sting with wide eyes. Sting wasn’t expecting to see Rogue around here.

Sting leans closer to Rogue, intimidating him, “What are you staring at?”

Rogue manages to find his voice, “Nothing, sorry.” He grabs his book off the ground and starts to walk away in the direction he hopes his class is. He hears the group talking behind him.

“Hey Sting didn’t you used to be friends with him?” One of the guys asks.

“Oh don’t remind me. I don’t know how I managed to put up with that loser for so long,” Sting replies. Rogue can clearly picture the smirk on his face as he says it.

He picks up his pace, finding himself walking back to the bus stop. He doesn’t think he can handle being in class today.

~~.~~

Rogue just doesn’t understand Sting’s change; even all those years ago before they were friends Rogue knew that Sting was kind to everyone. He always thought that was one of the main reasons he even befriended Rogue. Rogue didn’t particularly have anything going for him back then, oh who is he kidding, he still doesn’t.

But still Sting’s cold demeanour is something that he has never seen before, even when he was angry. He wishes they were still friends so he could help Sting through it, but that time of their lives has long since passed. Perhaps Sting is mad at him, not just because of his love confession, but because he didn’t try harder to keep Sting with him. In all honesty Rogue hadn’t known what to do, Sting was his only friend, and he wasn’t the kind of guy to make someone do something they didn’t want to do. So without so much of a fight he let Sting go.

~~.~~

It was a shock seeing Rogue again, of being near him. Sure Sting knew that they were both enrolled at the school and he had seen him around, but only from a distance, in the last two years he’d never been forced to have a confrontation with him. He didn’t know how to handle it. But he knew that he had handled it wrong.

It was difficult knowing what to do with Rogue; it had been so long since he left him. But Sting was mad at him, and has been mad at him for the last two years. Not an ‘I hate you’ mad, more of a ‘Why did you have to tell me your feelings and then make me feel things and then not do anything about it?’ kind of mad. He was mad at Rogue for reverting to his old ways, how he walks around campus with his head hung low, careful to avoid eye contact with everyone. He’s closed himself off again, and Sting doesn’t like that. But every time he tries to make things right his stupid mouth moves without listening to his head. Like today, though Sting was trying to look half cool in front of his friends. They know he used to be friends with Rogue, and his reputation would be ruined if he was seen talking to that loser unless he was making a snide comment, which is what he continues to do.

~~.~~


Sting stands at Rogue’s front door, an apology ready on his lips, and hands fidgeting at his sides. After a minute the door opens revealing Rogue wiping the sleep out of his hooded eyes, he squints trying to see the visitor better.

“Rogue,” his eye’s snap open at Sting’s voice.

What the hell is he doing here?

“Rogue, I-,” Sting starts to speak.

Rogue stares wide eyed at him for a second before managing to find a tiny bit of courage in him, he’s not letting Sting do this to him again, and steps back from the doorframe slamming the door in Sting’s face.

Sting didn’t come around again after that.