Status: All constructive criticism is accepted. Thank you for reading.

Illusory

Illusory

She’s been here before, it was feeling breathless. The way her heart pounds in her ears as she searches the blackened door way waiting for whatever fate he had for her this time. She feels trapped in her sheets, which would have usually giver her comfort. However, in this case, the sheets would not offer comfort. They proved to be void when it came to him, and his malicious intents.

Her eyes switched over to the frosted window, the curtains moved in the darkness, billowing even though there was no wind. They were like snakes awaiting their master’s call to fall to the floor, and slither to her bed side. Hissing in her ears, and raveling themselves around her limbs. She took in a shuttered breath, her heart pounds in her chest as she squeezed her eyes shut. However she knows that it won’t stop her from seeing what was going to happen next.

It starts simply as a pulsating image of air, and then slowly it reacts to the playing shadows sucking them in, evolving, creating shape as it looms in the hallway. A mist filters into the room fitting it’s self around the nick-nacks on the shelves. Brushing over the small vanity, and pushing out from under her bed. Her fingers clench the sheets as she keeps her eyes shut, through her mind’s eye she watches white finger tips grip the door way, his face popping out of the inky blackness, and his smile is insidious. His dark eyes twinkle with mischievous intentions. She knows that he knows that she is awake. He always knows, and as if he was sending a static current through the air, goose bumps rise over her bare arms. The hair of the back of her neck stands erect ready to pop right out of her skin and run away screaming. Her bed seemed to envelope her; the crushing sheets seem like bricks of ice. Her body twitches in fear, every ounce of her being telling her to move.

The window panes begin to crack as the ice grabs hold, the bright moonlight lit up the room unusually well, filtering through misty atmosphere. The place dropped another degree as he fully entered the door away sucking the last bit of life out of the room. She remained as still as she possibly could, as if he were some sort of wild animal. However she knew he was not, he was something not of this world. The man strode into the room with an air of confidence; his hands clench the outside of his suit jacket. His eyes darted in her direction; he maintains his eye contact as a predator stalking its prey.

She felt her bed sink under his weight; she felt his fingertips sweep over her bare arm. The feeling of pins and needles spread out through body, she could feel him willing her to open her eyes. Silently he begged through the electric torture of his hands on her skin. Finally as he cupped her check with his hand she opens her eyes slowly. His face mere inches from hers, he smiled even wider. She tries to back away, out of his embrace but his is stone like arms are locking her in place.

A slow low hum pitching in her ears matches the beat of her pounding heart. He ran his thumb over her jaw line as the rest of his hand enclosed around the back of her neck. He roughly pulled her to him. His other hand smoothed back her red curls, which he gathered in a small ball, and pulled it. Gaining absolute control over the girl, she outwardly winces as she grasped the front of his suit with hands. Crushing the material with her fists, she tries to regain some sense of control. This however was futile as he closed in and captured her lips with his. She was stunned, as if a snake had bitten her face. Poison filtered into her mouth, her body writhed in pain, and somehow in between grasping for the ability to breathe, and the electric current that was now swimming through her veins she wanted more.

He pulled away as her ragged breathes came in harsh increments, her poor heart felt like it was going to explode out of her chest. Her vision blurred as he kept her in his gaze. With her eyes wide with absolute wonder of the man in front of her, she realizes the demon wants to claim her soul. He whispered something incoherent to her and then stars shot out in front of her eyes when he kisses her again.

Her hands loosen their grip on his jacket, and her arms grow too heavy to hold up any longer. They fall lifelessly to her side with a soft thud they hit the bed. Breaking away he turned to his side and pulls the sheets away from her body. He then gathers the girl into his arms, and lifts her into the air cradling her into his chest like a mother would a baby. Having sufficiently subdued and seduced the young girl she lay limp, paralyzed by his venom.

He carries her to the window, and lets her feet fall to the floor. Keeping his arm draped around her midsection he helps the girl stay on her feet. He breaths in her hair, holding in her scent he hums in approval. Her head lulled to the side, using the crook of his arm as some sort of pillow. She watches the ice crystals reach across the glass, crushing it, making the glass submit to its will. She watches the play of shadows on the walls. It was like they were dancing for her amusement. Her lips twitched trying to form a smile, and then it starts with the fear of doubt. She felt caged in by her mind; her happy hallucination was something illusory. She was only his feast and he was loveless. He was going to kill her, and she could do nothing about it.

With a surge of energy she broke free of the spell and propels herself out of his arms and used the frozen window as support, shaking her head she tries to regain her normal vision. She felt his hands reaching out touching her back, freezing her skin through her thin shirt. She takes a deep breath and spins herself around to face the monster. He looks almost disappointed as his handsome face begins to change into something terrifying. His eyes sharp and hallow, his teeth bared, and he lets out a deep growl. In her peripheral she saw the curtains change shape, snake heads rose up around her. She knows that she has to move now, she needs to save herself. With her mind forcing her body to move, she darts from the window and runs to her bedroom door.

Just as she reaches the door way something nips at her bare foot and then she is on the floor with a harsh thud knocking the breath out of her. The demon is laughing at her as she spins around to see the snakes have anchored her down. She cries out in frustration, and rips at the snakes mummifying her legs. The demon simply bends down grasping the snakes he pulls her towards him slowly, inching her across the hardwood wood in a slow grueling process. Her anxiety is busting through her skin, and he feeds off of it. He puts his nose in the air and breaths her in. He continues laugh at her, he taunts her, and he dares her to give him more. She watches the shadows pulsate around him, and form a black hole. Convinced that he was going to pull her into hell she screamed.

When he has her close enough, he begins to pull her in into his arms again. She tries to fight him. But every landed hit was like hitting a wall of ice. As she does this he keeps whispering incoherent things to her, but she is too scared to listen. She thrashes as hard as she can, however she is no match for the demon. Then with a simple electrically charged touch of his hand, he has her back under control. Kissing her forehead it felt like frozen liquid engulfed her body and she involuntary shivers. Looking up at his face with her lips parted and finally she listened to his words and the truth was terrifying.

“You are mine.” He whispered. She searches his eyes as she
listens to the undisputed truth.

He tilts her head back and runs his claws over the delicate skin of her neck. Then of course like an epiphany in her head, she remembers what he wanted, and just how he was going to take it. With the air of familiarity and courage she watches him lean down to her neck. She feels his cold lips part against her skin, and then a sickening sound similar to someone biting into an apple.

Then there is a bursting white light that surrounds her, and a hand comes through the darkness. Someone calling to her, at first was subtle over the loud suckling of the demon devouring her, and then it becomes louder. With renewed strength she lifts up a shaky hand, and clasped it with the one reaching out to her. As though a deal was struck, the demon rears his head back and screams in agony. The girl’s blood burning through his skin, and just as he came into her reality, he pops out of existence.

When she opens her eyes she was back in bed. She sits up quickly, and switches on her bedside light. Everything was just as it was before she went to bed. The warm summer’s air is blowing into the window, and even the crickets are chirping on as they normally do. Subconsciously she rubs the side of her neck and is relieved to find that nothing is there. At the end of her bed, her cat yawned and opened his eyes. The girl let lose a wide smile, she had lived through her nightmare once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just short story based on some of the nights where I had sleep paralysis. All constructive criticism is welcome.