I Knew You Were Trouble

Chapter one

Oli’s POV

“Look me up when you get out.” I say to my now ex cell mate who was sitting on the bed across from mine. The cell was basically the size of a shoe box and somehow managed to fit two single metal beds in it with about nothing more then three feet between them.
“See you in a couple months.” He says smiling back at me and I nod before turning back to my bed and collecting the last of my belongings and waiting beside the cell door for the officer. I lean against the wall crossing my arms to my chest as I wait impatiently to be let out of this god for saken hell hole.

Today I was being released. Today I was finally getting out of prison after I’ve spent the last eighteen months in this absolute shit hole. Out of all the crimes I have committed in my life, I was rarely caught. I was always two steps ahead of the police and I always had them eating my dust with not a single trace of me apart from this one time…
I was set up. In possession and dealing a class A drug landing me and another gang member, my friend Matt Nicholls in prison. It was a minor crime and something I should have seen through a mile off but I was blinded and betrayed by someone who I thought I could trust. Nicholls however, only got a slap on the wrist and only spent six months in this place instead of staying the full time of his sentence like I had to.

When Matt was released I gave him two simple orders to follow, the first being to take care of the person who stitched us up and the second was to keep my little brother safe. Matt was my oldest friend and probably the only one I trusted, I wasn’t always around so he was second in command to run the gang and to stand in for me to keep my brother out of trouble.

Since Matt left I haven’t seen or heard from him for the last twelve moths which weren’t my orders. I expected to hear something back, I expected to be bailed out of this place, I expected a visit or a phone call or even a letter. I expected something but I got nothing. Not one of my so call friends or gang members came back to me with information, leaving me to go through hell about knowing nothing which was happing on the outside. They were a bunch of cowards, too frighten to come anywhere near this place incase they got caught by the feds and locked up for god knows what reasons. I will make sure they have something to be frightened of when I get out of here though, I will make sure to teach them a lesson for leaving me in the dark like this again. It’s not like the police had anything on them anyway, it was me they wanted, I was a whole different story.

The police knew me, everyone knew me. I, Oliver Sykes am known as one of the most dangerous and lethal gang leaders around. I run one of the most ruthless gangs in Sheffield and not someone you want to cross paths with. People fear me and if you don’t then you’re basically a fool, people shiver at the thought of my name and it’s more or less a death sentence if you ever dare to cross me. This isn’t the first time I’ve been in prison, I’ve spent a lot of time in and out of prison when I was in my teens, I was young and reckless and never did a good job at cleaning up after myself which was why I always ended up in here. But as I got older I learnt how to become essentially untraceable. Committing crimes as big as robbing banks and even murder, I left no leads which led to me and I must say I’ve become very good at what I do and pretty much an expert. The police never had anything on me, I was the most wanted man in Sheffield but there was never any evidence for them to pin on me and lock me up for life which was what they’ve always wanted.

No one dared snitched me up for my crimes which were also another reason why I was never caught. People knew it would be they’re heads if they breathed my name to anyone. In prison or not, I have connections and I will find you and I will kill you for betraying me and won’t even give you a second thought in the process. And every gang out there knew that, they knew not to underestimate the gang which is Horizon.

When I first showed up here eighteen months ago I was greeted by a mixed welcome.
I put most of the prisoners in here, a lot feared me and a lot were out to get me. All those who wanted vengeance never got really far though. They tried everything they could possibly do to get back at me, threats, bully, violence, rape, death but each one failed. I wasn’t one to be messed with, yes I knew I had a lot of enemies but I wasn’t known as the most feared gang leader for nothing. I could fight my way out of almost anything. I put them all in they’re pathetic places like the cowardly dogs they all are and none of them bothered me again and it also taught the prisoners who didn’t know me that I wasn’t one to cross and to stay out of my way in here. At the age of 24 it was ridiculous at the amount of people who feared me but then again they had every right to be. Even some of the police officers stayed out of my way because they knew what I was capable of. Locked up or not I would be your worse nightmare.

I was then roomed with Jordan, someone who had heard of me on the outside and had the pleasure of sharing a room with me for eighteen months. Poor soul didn’t know what he was matched up with. He was a cocky git, he even had the balls to put my name to the test and let’s just say it almost cost him his life. After that he learnt his lesson and he wasn’t much of nuisance at all to deal with. He was in for a crime similar to my own; he was a son of a doctor and used that to his advantage to get his hands on any drug you could ever imagine and used and sold them illegally.

Over my time of being in here he actually became a good friend, we watched each others backs in this place and he even became a really good fuck every once in awhile too. No strings attached of course, I’m not one for relationships, he was just something to stick my dick into when I got bored. I’ve offered him a placement in my gang when he’s finally released from here and he’s happily accepted. He’s proven his loyalty to me and therefore a place and home with me when he gets out. Honestly, I could really use someone of his talents on my side.

“Bastards are taking they’re time coming to get me!” I growl, banging my fist against the metal door. I was growing impatient with them; I knew they were doing this on purpose. They’d do anything to come up with an excuse to keep me locked up in here for longer, they were probably hoping I’d lose my shit and act out and use it against me to postpone my sentence longer.

“Why so eager to leave Oliver?” Jordan questions annoyingly. I glare at him, a warning not to piss me off but he just smiles at me which just causes me to snarl at him. I needed to keep my cool until I was out of here, I couldn’t lose it now.
“I have things to do.” I growl, leaning back against the wall again.
“Maybe you should look up an anger management class while you’re out. Your attitude could do with improving.” He mocks.
“Jordan.” I say sternly. Warning him, he was doing it on purpose and honestly it was getting on my nerves and I could feel myself about to snap. I knew he didn’t want me to leave but winding me up to stay here longer with him wasn’t the answer and if he prevented me on leaving today I would make sure he wouldn’t see tomorrow.
I sent him another warning glare which he returned with a stupid smug like smile across his lips as he remained slouched across on his bed. I just closed my eyes and drag a hand down my face trying to prevent myself from marching over there and ripping his throat out. The idea actually sounded thrilling and I literally would end up succeeding it if he didn’t stop being an irritating prick.

I wasn’t always this messed up psycho who had the sheer joy of killing people and taking away they’re last breath. But I won’t go into my sad sorry story of the reason why I’ve turned out like this… but I have one goal in my life and that is revenge.

I have one name. A name which belongs to a man who is responsible for killing my parents. A name which has haunted with me for the last fifteen years. I’ve been hunting down a man I have unsuccessfully failed to find. All I know is his name and nothing more. But one of these days I’m going to find him and I’m going to take my revenge. I’m going to make him pay and make him suffer greatly so he remembers what he did to me and my little brother.
I have slaughtered so many in my path to find this man, everytime I think I’m that much closer to revealing who he is the link leads to nowhere and I'm back at square one again. But I will find him, even if it’s the last thing I do. I will find him.

The door to my cell finally opens, distracting me from my thoughts and I can’t help but smirk at the officer who awaits me.
“Let’s get this over and done with Sykes.”
I pick up my clear bag which held my belongings and took one glance back at Jordon and nodded him my goodbye which he returns the same gesture. The officer cuffs my wrists before he walks me down the metal staircase of the prison, the rest of the my ex in mates watching me intently as I go, leaving petty comments as I walk past their cells such as “Good riddance.” Or “You’ll be back” I can’t help but find it a little entertaining though.

The officer removes the handcuffs from my wrists and opens the door of the entrance of the prison which reveals the outside world. I take a couple of steps outside the door; inhaling deeply at the cold fresh air against my skin and allowing myself to enjoy my first few seconds of being a free man once again.
I can’t help but chuckle to myself; it feels so fucking good to be out of those walls of hell and back into the world to continue my search for revenge.

“Better enjoy your freedom while it lasts Sykes. You know it will only be a matter of time until well get you in here for life.” The police officer comments, interrupting my moment with my new found freedom. I turn around and smile wickedly at him and simply just walk away, knowing that my smile alone would irritate him. Note to self; murder that mother fucker when I’m settled back at Horizon.

When I was far enough away from the prison, I slow my paste and let my mind run through the mental check list in my head. No one knew I was getting out today, of course they didn’t because they never took they’re sorry arse’s to come to visit me and find out when. But I wasn’t in any rush to get back, I needed to sort a couple of things first before I decide to head back to base.

First things first, I needed a fix. Anything. I was actually dying to get my hands on some stuff which would stop the sweaty palms and grinding teeth I had going on. Secondly, I was in desperate need of a good fuck. A release which wasn’t from my own hand or Jordan. And thirdly, I had to see my little brother. We have never been apart for this long ever and it’s really affected me. I knew the guys would protect him in my absences but that wasn’t enough for me. I needed to know he was safe for myself and that no scumbag from another gang had tried to harm him whilst I was gone.

Even though my brother was probably the most important one on my to do list, the first two really had to be sorted first. And when I was satisfied with the two, I would finally head back to base and greet my brother and gang members on my surprise welcome home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oosp, I wrote another story! I have a rough idea of how this story will go but anything can happen so expect the unexpected. Maybe slow updates at first as I do have other stories which are still active. But yeah I plan for this fransykes to be a lot different than my others and I’ stepping out of my comfort zone abit. But anyway I hope you all enjoy the first chapter and want to read more! Please leave comments and let me know what you think.
(and just so you know I don’t know anything about prison or drugs, im just making it all up as I go along! Lol)