I Knew You Were Trouble

Chapter sixteen

Oli’s POV

With blood shot eyes I watch Josh sleeping, I have been since the early hours of this morning. He was lying on his back close beside me, his arms raised above his head as the bed sheets only just about covered his bare hips.

I bite my lower lip as I run my eyes over his beautiful body and kiss his arm softly.

Fuck, what was this kid doing to me?

We smoked a lot of my new stuff last night and to be honest I was abit wary that it might fuck him up because it’s a lot stronger than what I usually allow him to smoke. But he took it like a champ and just reacted ten times as horny and needy and so willing to obey my wants over his body.

He was in a deep sleep and I just watch his chest rise up and down peacefully, allowing every second to calm me and pull me away from my messed up thoughts and gruesome reality.He was perfect.

I let out a sigh when I stupidly let reality sneak into my brain, everything just seemed too good to be true right now with him, there’s something that’s bound to mess it all up soon.

There are a lot of things that Josh don’t know about me yet, a lot of dark things… and it scares me what he will think of me if he ever finds any of those things out.

Would he still want to hold me if he knew my shame? Knew all the fucked up shit that I’ve done? He’s so forgiving and behind the stubbornness he holds up to not let me back in, his kindness shines through which always has me spinning.

I hear my phone silently vibrate on my night stand making me break out of my thoughts and glance down at the caller ID. I raise a brow at the name wondering what they could possibly want me for at this time.

Firstly I was going to ignore it and stay in bed with Josh but curiosity got the better of me. I quickly slip out of bed not wanting to disturb my sleeping beauty and threw on a pair of sweatpants and grabbed my pack of cigarettes before making me way out on to the balcony.

“You better have a good excuse for calling me at this insane hour.” I say into the phone as I light up a cigarette.

“The insane hour I knew you would be awake at?”

“What do you want?”

“Your car is ready.”

“Took you long enough. I’m not impressed with your services Carlile, do not associate me with the rest of the riff raff you deal with. I deserve the special treatment.”

“Come on, you basically gave me scrap metal to work with. Cut me some slack Oliver.”

“I’ll cut your throat if it takes you that long next time.”

“Such wonderful compliments from you as always.”

“Whatever. Tonight still on?”

“Of course, I still don’t understand why it’s taken you four months to check in. This isn’t like you Oliver.”

“I’ve been busy.”

“Sounds interesting.”

“See you tonight Carlile.”

I end the call and shove my phone into my pocket. I take one last tote of my cigarette and throw it over the balcony before making my way back inside.

Josh was still in the same place as I left him and I can’t help but smile to myself.

I climb back into bed and place my hand softly on his chest and kiss his cheek before gently shaking him.

“Rise and shine sleeping beauty.” I whisper in his ear and he starts to stir.

He groans and rolls over on his side and I can’t help but chuckle.

“Come on Josh, it’s time to get up.”

He shakes his head and buries his face into the pillow as he rolls on to hid front. Jeez, he’s definitely not a morning person but he is kinda cute.

I pull the remainder of the covers off him and give his ass a light slap and he lets out a muffled squeal. I crawl on top of him kissing the back of his bare shoulders and sliding my hands lightly up and down his sides. He shivers at my touch and groans which make me chuckle again.

“If you don’t wake up now sunshine, I won’t hesitate to fuck you hard and dry without any lube.”

I hear him giggle a little and slowly turn his face away from the pillow and glances over his shoulder at me with sleepy eyes.

“You’re mean.” He groans and his morning voice has me weak at the knees.

He shuffles around so he was now lying on his back again and I still remained sitting on top off. In all honesty I just wanted to see if he was okay from last night… and I did kind of wanted to hear his voice.

“How are you feeling?” I ask pushing his hair back as he yawns.

“I have abit of a headache.”

“Hm well, if you get out of bed I can get you some paracetamol.”

He wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me down on him.

“What if I don’t want to get out of bed? What if I just want to stay here and be fucked by you all day long?”

Oh fuck.

That did sound like a great idea. And I’m extremely tempted…

“As much as I love to sunshine, I can’t, I have things to do today.”

I kiss his lips and pull back holding his hands in mine. And he just pouts and frowns up at me and I can’t help but laugh at his grumpy self.

“If you’re a good boy, I might give you a little treat later.” I smirk and I’m returned with his signature reward winning smile which makes my chest warm.

“Come on, shower first and then breakfast because you do kind of stink.” His eyes widen and I quickly climb off him and the bed before he can stop me.

“Hey!” he yells and throws his pillow at me.

~~

Josh’s POV

When Oli and I entered the kitchen everyone else was in here as well, dotted around making their selves breakfast or doing their own thing. Which I preferred because they weren’t staring at us and there weren’t any awkward introductions this time either.

Oli’s phone rings and I see him frown down at the caller ID when he takes it from his pocket and takes a step back.

“I need to take this. Help yourself to whatever you want Josh, I’ll be two minutes.” He says with an apologetic smile and walks out of the kitchen.

I sigh but shrug it off and walk over to Jordan who was standing beside the kitchen counter. He was the only one in the gang I actually liked and felt comfortable around, plus he was the only one who didn’t treat me like I was invisible or a piece of shit either.

He smiled and nodded to me when I stood beside him and handed me the box of cereal when he was finished pouring himself a bowl.

I smile back in return and I start pouring myself a bowl of cornflakes but as I reach for the bottle of milk it’s quickly snatched away from my grasps. I look up and see that Tom had taken it and used every last drop there was of the milk for his own cereal and placed the empty bottle back down next to me.

“Enjoy your cereal.” He smirks and sits down at the table.

I stare after him and let out a frustrated huff. I was getting really sick of his negativity towards me, I don’t know what I’ve done wrong for him to hate me so much.

“Don’t worry, you can have mine Josh.” Jordan offers but I didn’t want his, I wanted to know what Tom’s problem was.

“What the hell is your problem?” I blurt out without thinking and Tom turns around in his seat with a quirked brow.

“Chill out Franceschi, there’s no need to cry over spilt milk.” He sniggers and it only angers me more.

I should have just ignored his pettiness but I’d just had enough and I wanted to shut him up once and for all.

“Didn’t your mother teach you that kindness doesn’t cost a damn thing?”

I mimic the comment he used on me yesterday but I see the smugness fall from his face and I immediately knew I had said something wrong.

Everyone’s heads shoot up and they all look at me in disbelief and my chest tightens as it started to fill with anxiety with all their eyes gawking at me.

“No she didn’t… because she’s dead.” Tom grits through his teeth as his eyes begin to fill with tears.

Oh shit, why did I open my big mouth?

I just wanted the kitchen floor to open up and swallow me whole because nothing can describe the guilt and regret I feel right now for saying what I’ve just said.

“Unlike you Franceschi who takes having a family for granted, I never got the happy cosy family life because it was all taken away from me!”

Tom pushes his chair out from under the table making a horrible screeching sound when doing so and stands up and faces me.

“When was the last time you spoke to your parents, huh Josh? Four months ago was it?”

“How do you-” I was so confused to how he would know that but then it suddenly clicked.

The bastards went through my phone when they took it from me and they must have checked my records to see who I last spoken to.

“You had no right!” I yell.

“Oh please, what petty excuse do you have to not speak to them, huh? Dropped out of uni and now you’re the family’s disappointment? Got a lame job at a pizza restaurant and feel too ashamed that it doesn’t meet their expectations? Get over yourself will you, there’s so much more to life than neglecting those who are most important to you over insignificant things.”

“Shut up! You have no idea what you’re talking about.”

He was getting personal and I didn’t like it. I didn’t like how he thought he knew me or my family.

“How dare you say I don’t know what I’m talking about! My mother was shot dead right in front of me. You have no fucking idea what its like to grow up without a mother, without a family!” He screams and I’m left speechless.

“You waltz in here acting all sweet and innocent, stealing my brother’s attention by fluttering your pretty blue eyes at him, taking what little I have left of a family away from me when you refuse to pick up the phone and call your own!” Tom shoves my chest harshly and I stumble back slightly.

I don’t react to his aggressiveness because I’m in too much shock at what he’s just admitted.

His mum was shot dead in front of him? I can’t even begin to imagine what it was like to grow up with that image stuck inside your head for god knows how long.

My eyes lift up from the ground and back at Tom who was now hysterical. Tears were streaming down his cheeks, his hands balled into fists as if he was ready to pound me to a pulp. His whole frame was a shaking mess and I actually feel sick at what I’ve discovered.

Suddenly, Tom lunges himself at me and we both crash to the floor. Tom falls on top of me already having the upper hand and starts hitting me and I try my best to fight him off me but I struggle. I see the pure hatred and hurt on his face as he glares down at me as we both continue to wrestle each other on the ground.

The others were just sitting there staring at us as if the situation entertained them in some way. Not one of them had the intention to stop the fight or even help. Fucking assholes.

“Get off me!” I yell just as Tom pulls out a pocket knife from his jeans and I let out a strangle scream as he brings it down towards my face.

Thankfully Jordan pulls him off of me in time, allowing the point of the sharp blade to pierce a cut on my forehead. I quickly scramble to my feet and back away from them.

He was about to fucking stab me! What the fuck?!

“Get your fucking hands off me!” Tom scolds at Jordan who rips the knife from his grasp.

“That’s enough fun and games don’t you think?”

After seeing Jordan confiscate the knife from Tom all the others stand up and become alert. Oh, so now they’re worried!

I see Tom push himself away from Jordan and quickly turn back around to me.

“You don’t know what its like to grow up without a mother! Don’t you ever mention her again!”

He screams and lunges himself at me again but someone grabs hold of my arm and yanks me behind them blocking me from being attack by Tom yet again.

I see it was Oli and Tom crashes into his chest and just bursts into tears in his brother’s arms. Tom struggles to get away but Oli just holds him closer and he eventually gives in and cries hysterically.

“H-he has no f-fucking idea.” Tom chokes.

Oli hushes him soothingly and rubs his hand up and down his back to calm him like a protective big brother would do. It was the first time I’ve ever seen them show any sort of love and affection towards each other.

“Go upstairs.” Oli tells me with a stern look on his face and without questioning I do what he says and I run up the stairs to his bedroom.

~~

I had no control when I burst into tears as I entered Oli’s room. I felt sick and even more frighten about being here than I did the first night. Oh god, what have I done?

If Jordan didn’t intervene when he did, god knows what Tom would have done to me with that knife.

I wasn’t sure how bad the damage was but it stung like hell whatever was there. I hissed loudly when I touched the cut on my forehead and saw blood on my finger tips when I pulled my hand away.

Not long after I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and Oli soon appears in the door way. He storms right over to me when he sees me looking extremely pissed off and I panic to find words.

“O-Oli, I’m so sorry, I-I didn-“ I’m cut off by the back of his hand connecting brutally against my face.

My head collides with the wooden floor boards as I fall from the harsh impacted.

“I fucking told you to ignore him!” I hear him growl.

The whole right side of my face was ringing in pain and tears instantly leaked over my eyes. I reached a shaky hand up to my cheek.

I gasped in pain and blinked a few times in shock when I realise what had happened. He hit me. He actually hit me.

I hesitantly glance up at Oli through teary filled eyes and let out a shaky breath. I can’t believe he hit me. It was so unexpected and terrifying.

“Answer me Josh!” he yells and I whimper in response which I think annoyed him.

“I-I know b-but-“ he grabs a fist full of my hair making me cry out in pain as he yanks my head back.

“But what? You wanted to see how far you could push me by ignoring the one thing I ask you to do?! You had to open your fucking mouth didn’t you?!”

He leaned over me and I could see he was breathing heavily, so heavily I could feel his breath against my skin. His chest rising up and down rapidly as fury burned in his eyes.

He was fuming. I’ve never seen him this angry before and the way he was glaring at me made feel sick to my stomach in fear to be up here alone with him.

I just wanted to close my eyes and rewind to this morning at his loving touch… not this unknown frightening violence.

I reach my hand up to try and loosen Oli’s grip from my hair but he only tightens his grasp.

“Ow, p-please Oli. Y-you’re h-hurting me.” I beg through my sobs.

“Good.”

He seethes and with one last yank of my hair he lets go and pushes me to the side. I let out a loud sob and feel a major panic attack run through me and my whole body begins to shake.

“Tom is still downstairs crying his fucking eyes out! Why did you have to go against my word? Why did you have to take it that far? Why did you have to mention her?!”

I couldn’t stop the tears falling from my eyes, my breaths were shallow and shaky. I couldn’t control myself to calm down and Oli shouting at me was just making me worse.

“I-I…” I stutter, not having a clue what to even say. I was still in complete disbelief from everything and my emotions were just getting the best of me.

“I’m- I’m sorry but how was I supposed to know? Y-you tell me nothing.”

“I don’t have to tell you anything!” he snaps and my heart sinks.

“Don’t push me, Josh. You have come so close to crossing the line.”

I didn’t know there was a line. I was becoming really frightened of him, I’ve hit a sensitive nerve of his I didn’t mean to but now he was a ticking time bomb ready to explode and I’m terrified of being hit again.

“There’s shit you don’t know and have no business in. When I tell you to ignore something you fucking do as I say!” he shouts.

Do as he says? I’m not a child. I wipe my eyes and stand up taking in a deep breath as I finally find the confidence to stand up for myself.

“Your brother almost stabbed me! He actually kind of succeeded so how do you expect me to ignore that?!”

“Do not pick a fight with my brother Josh, that’s the sort of shit I don’t need to be dealing with and I can assure you that you will always lose.”

“Because I’m nothing more than something to stick your dick into, right?” I say with sadness in my tone.

Oli lets out a frustrated groan and drags a hand down his face. And I just stand there crying silently to myself again. He knew it was true.

Why was I the one being punished for this? Tom started it. And I never thought Oli would hit me purposely but I was a fucking moron to believe that. He had no right to treat me like this, I made an honest mistake and he thinks he has the right to hit me?

An awkward silence passes and I see Oli make his way over to me, he seemed a lot calmer than he did a couple of minutes ago but I was still on edge. He glances at my sore cheek and then up at the cut on my forehead. His hand reaches up to my face but panic and anger shoots through me and I hit his hand away from me quite aggressively.

“Don’t fucking touch me!” I yell and take a step back away from him.

I was trying to regain from bursting into tears again. How dare he think he can touch me after what he has just done.

Oli’s eyes widen in shock at my reaction but quickly furrow his eyebrows together. We were both angry and upset and neither one of us knew how to act around each other right now.

I’ve already lost count of the number of times I’ve been abused in this house and he expects me to just roll over and takes orders like a dog. Not this time.

I wasn’t going to let us kiss and makeup and allow him to talk me into bed and instantly forgive him for everything what has happened. I made an honest mistake and I’m getting scolded and beaten like a naughty child for it.

“Fine. Have it your way.” He growls and walks towards the door.

“Wait, where are you going?”

“Away from you.”

He tells me and I instantly want to slap myself in the face for going after him and wanting us to stay and talk.

“Just talk to me please. What Tom said about your mu-”

“Don’t you dare!” he seethes and slams my back against the wall and I groan from the pain. He places his hands either side of my head, caging me in, the look of hate and sadness swirled together in his hazel eyes.

“Lets get one thing straight Josh, never and I mean never bring my mother up again. Do I make myself clear?” he warns me in a low deep voice and I’m trembling in fear so I just nod my head yes in understanding.

He pushes away from the wall and storms out of the room slamming the door shut behind him. I go to follow him out but when I grab the handle the door doesn’t open. I shake and pull at the handle violently but it still doesn’t open. Did he lock me in here?

“What the fuck, Oli open the door!” I bang my fist on the door but I get no reply.

“I’m being serious Oli, opening the fucking door right now!” I was beginning to lose my patience.

“You can’t just lock me up like a prisoner!”

I kicked, punched and screamed through the door but it was getting me nowhere. The fucker had locked me in like some sort of hostage and left me and that had me raging. Who the fuck does he think he is?!

I turn away from the door and all I see is red. Something inside of me just snapped and I go on a complete rampage tearing his room apart not caring about the consequences this might lead to. But fuck him, if he wants to treat like a caged animal then I’ll fucking act like one!

I started ripping the bed sheets off the bed and throwing the pillows across the other side of the room. I wasn’t going to sleep with this piece of shit anymore.

I go over to his desk and knock over everything which was on there onto the floor as well as kicking over his chair.

I then go to his set of drawers and start throwing out all of his clothes, chucking them behind me. But then I open one drawer which held a shit load of drugs inside.

My eyes widen in disbelief not being able to identify half of what was in here. I knew he was a dealer and I guess an addict too but this was unreal. It kind of made me uncomfortable knowing he had all this in here and the thought scared me more knowing that he might even use this all on himself…

How fucked up does someone have to be to go to the extremes not to feel anymore?

I held the drawer out too far out from its frame and it drops from my hands and it crashes to the floor, making all the drugs scatter across the floorboards.

I panic and fall to my knees and start gathering up what I could reach and put back in the drawer. Some of the plastic wallets had split open and coloured pills were scattered everywhere and I didn’t know what went where and I started panicking even more because Oli will go mental if he sees I’ve been messing around in his drawer full of drugs.

Something which did catch my eye though, which was the large amount of weed he had stored at the back of the drawer and that suddenly changed everything.

Fuck this, I’m just gonna sit here and smoke all his weed. I grab some filters and rolled myself a spliff, now knowing how to roll one myself. I lit it up with a lighter I found on the floor with the rest of the junk and brought it to my lips and inhaled.

Holy shit, this stuff was strong but boy did it taste good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I ramble on abit but that’s just me as you know. Hope you guys enjoyed the fluff… but did you really expect it to last? And of course there’s drama, I just hope you all don’t hate me for it! >_< Sorry about Oli’s violence but Josh went a step too far…

But you finally know a little something about Tom and Oli’s past now… Tom revealed that their mum was shot dead and I do plan on revealing a little more in the next chapter too.

Also, I would like to give a big shout out to Gem_Jar93, GiveMeTheKEYS! And f50ShadesofFrackedUp for always supporting and commenting on my stories :) you’re all babes and it keeps me motivated, so thank you so much! x