Status: HOLD.

Sink.

Easier.

My legs dangled over the egde of the balcony railing, about fourth feet above the current meeting being held; my 18th birthday was in a week and my father wanted me to find my soul mate. He was going to have a masquerade ball, stuffing me into a dress and doing my hair- makeup and all that other crap.

It was easy for my older sister who found her mate at the age of 16, they went to a party together and never left each others side. It was sickening. I didnt want that feeling, to be stuck to someone; twenty four- seven, every day of the week. Dont get me wrong, he was a cool guy but they were clingy- to clingy.

"This is a secret meeting," My sister whispered into my ear from behind me and I looked over to her, she was the prettier of us two. She has long blonde almost gold hair, her eyes were a pearly green and her skin was fair but flawless. She was a few inches taller then me and had the body of a run way model.

Swinging my legs over I shrugged, "So,"

I however had dark brown shoulder length hair, my skin was a tiny bit darker then hers because I was always in the sun; my eyes were a dark blue and I was average height with a small, very tiny gut.

Pushing past her I left through the door and came into the hallway, Ann hot on my trail. Rolling my eyes I could sense her anger, it was radiating off her like sweat.

"Hey." I ignored her and kept walking, coming to the stairs that led to the main hall. "Angel!" Her hand gripped my shoulder and spun me around, my eyes flashed a bright yellow for a split second. A warning.

She took a step back and placed her hands to her side, her eyes narrowed; my chest rose and fell slowly as I kept myself calm.

"Look, I know you have it the hardest," she ran a hand through her hair while looking off to the side, obviously trying to figure out the right words. "Stop pushing everyone away okay, just try to find him." She paused again. "It'll make life so much easier."

With that she stepped around me and I watched her form vanish around the corner. Easier, it would make their lives easier. They wouldn't have to deal with me anymore, just toss me off to someone else.

I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair, I needed a shower and a good nights rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something new, testing how it will go.