Status: HOLD.

Sink.

Anger.

I was stuffed against the tree, trying my best to blend in with the shadows; my mothers screams echoed for miles as the wolf held her down, his large black paws against her chest. His eyes locked on my terrified form, I was trembling and crying at the same time, yet so focused on the way his eyes changed colors. They way they blended in, a mixture if blue and silver. My mother held her arm out to me, but I couldn't move. Her eyes were dull, her porcelain cream skin covered in her own blood.

Her white dress now stained with her blood, the paw prints of the beast and dirt.

When her body no longer moved, his attention was on me. His lips curled upwar, his stained red teeth blaring at me. His nails digging into the ground as if to pounce on my very form, his body was low and his tail slightly wagged, ears were back. I closed my eyes, waiting for his pounce- waiting for death to meet me.

But nothing came.

Opening my eyes I was alone, with the body of my dead mother.


I sat in the chair with a black robe hugging my body, my head was being yanked one way and then another way, I had a woman in my face making me look presentable. I dont see why it mattered when we would be wearing eye covers, a small growl escaped my lips when the woman tugged my hair a little to hard.

She tense, but continued quickly.

When they were done I sat staring at the woman in the mirror, today was my birthday and I looked like a different person; like my mother. I wanted to rip all the bobby pins out, undo my hair, scream and take a shower. But I couldn't, my father would drag me down there in a towel if he so pleased. So with a groan I stood and got my dress on.

It was black, long silk dress. It was tight with a slit right up the right leg, there was no back and held a v-neck. My curls rested softly between my shoulder blades, my mother necklace resting just on my chest.

I touched it softly as I placed on my heels, black as well. Nothing special.

Image

The room was filled with people, wolves, every one was speaking and laughing. Some were dancing, others stood around just watching, I slowly made my way down the stairs. My heart rate normal, breathing normal, stopping at the bottom a few males took a look at me but kept moving. My eyes scanned the area, there were a bunch of higher up wolves, lower class wolves and middle class.

A few couples had joined as well and I could sense my mother sister to the right of me, after my mother was killed she had left with her mate. She never called or visited, I let out a small growl getting her attention. She avoided my gaze, eight years missed and now she was here. She didnt need to be here.

"May I take this dance?" A man next to me spoke, he wore a black tuxedo with a white tie, his mask was silver with feather on the end. He was tall, about six foot three and I could tell how musculer he was just by looking at him. My eyes went to his face, perfect sculpture of a man. Soon I traveled to his eye and narrowed my own, silver eyes. They glowed behind his mask almost blending together, sighing I nodded and followed him to the dance floor.

His hand touched my waiste, I tensed; our hands touched and my whole body had a rush of warmth. Neither of us moved, we stood there trying to figure out what had happened, why we were both warm all of a sudden. I looked up at him, his eyes were no longer silver; they were blue like a crystal ocean. I let out a breathe I hadn't realized I was holding, taking a step back I looked down.

I was confused, my wolf was angry.

When you mate, your wolf is supposed to happy; excited and ready for some fun. But my wolf was angry, ready to rip his throat wide open. Looking back to him I scruntched my nose, there was something all to familiar about him.

"Does this mean?" He took a step forward, I took a step back.

"Yes," I swallowed the lump in my throat "We should find my father, get this over with."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Thoughts?