Status: HOLD.

Sink.

arrangements.

The table was filled, the plates were set and the food was being brought out to us. My father said at the head of the table while my sister and I sat at each side of him, how ever my mate was missing. The word mate hung heavy on my chest, I wasn't ready for this. To be with someone forever, someone I didnt even know.

"He will be back soon, he had to make some arrangements with his pack." My fathers voice boomed causing me to snap from my trance.

Chewing my bottom lip, I gave my father a nod.

"So, why have you been avoiding him?" My sister perked up as she spoke, her eyes on my like glue and I couldn't get away. My fork poked at my food as I tried to find a good excuse, to even make up a good excuse.

"I'm not, what makes you think that?" My voice was low, shaky and I tried to stuff food in my mouth, our father would be displeased if I spoke with food in my mouth.

"I see you avoid him, he turns the corner and you bolt the other way." She took a bit of her food, swallowing and continued. "When you find a mate-"

"I never wanted one--well at least not right now." I dropped my fork on the table, my appetite was long gone.

The table was silent as my father stared at me, a sad look in his eyes as he let out an exaggerated sigh and lowered his fork as well. He slowly rubbed the bridge of his nose and leaned forward, I had no idea what to expect.

"Sweet heart," His blue eyes looked at me and I leaned back in my chair. His nostrils flared slightly and his eyes scanned the table as he looked for the right to words. "His pack, we need them on our side."

Great, now I was being guilted into this. Well I couldn't be guilted into something that had already happened.

Folding my arms I let out a huff and ran my finger through my brown hair, slowly I pushed my plate out of the way and leaned my elbows against the table. Of all people, my father wouldn't understand. After he lost my mother, he was never the same.

It was silent between us, we were all waiting for the other one to speak, but it never happened not one word was spoken. The plates were soon taken away and the large clock had struck on the hour, it was ten at night and I was ready to crawl into my bed; hide from the world.

"He should be arriving shortly, I think it would be best if we wait here." My father finally spoke, my head snapping in his direction. "We are preparing living arrangements, even though you are my daughter, he is still and alpha. As it goes with all mated alphas, the choice is up to him."

My gaze lowered as I heard the footsteps coming from the front of the house, the hairs on the back of my neck rose and I could feel my wolfs anger. "She doesnt like him, my wolf." I finally spoke as he entered the room and my father stared me down with the dirtiest look I had ever received from him.

"I apologize," He stopped and took a look at us, my father glaring at me, my head down and my sister sitting with her brows raised. "Am I interrupting?"

My father pulled his eyes from me and looked at him, "No, come Max sit down." My eyes rose up to look at him, Max he didnt look like a max and he didnt sound like one either. More like a Ryan or a Bryan. But not Max. He took a seat next to me and out skin touched, it prickled. It burned.

"How are things going? Are there any arrangements that you request?" My father was so polite to him, I inwardly groaned at house annoying it was.

Max, his name rolled through my thoughts and made me cringe. He simply leaned back and placed his arm around my shoulder, a sly smirk playing on his five o clock shadow lips. My eyes narrowed, how dare he get slick.

"Actually I do," He spoke and it sounded as if he was purring in a way. "I wish to ask if Angel and I could stay here for, two weeks." My fathers brow raised. "I wish for us to get to know one another, before jumping into the mating ritual."

My eyes darted to my father, pleading for him to stop this, begging. But to my dismay he simply nodded and gave us two weeks to stay here, to get to know one another. To bond.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't mind the errors, writing from my phone is hard, but writing from my phone and trying to get peace while doing it is harder. My four year old son really knows how to distract me.