Status: I'm working on it, most of the chapters have been written, just not in chronological order!

The Only Way Out

FRESHMAN YEAR || NOVEMBER

“There are like a billion people in this God-forsaken world and I’m alone,” Bridget groaned, straightening up her desk.

The older girl standing by her desk rolled her eyes, “Maybe you’re alone because you are too picky.”

“Maybe you’re stupid,” Bridget insisted, “Look, I just don’t get it, you’ve got a boyfriend and I don’t.”

Bridget’s older sister sighed, “Bridget, no offense, but have you seen yourself? I love you and all, but you look like a train-wreck, your hair is always a mess, whenever you wear makeup, it always looks bad, and your close are so bland, don’t even get me started on those freaks you hang out with.”

“Excuse me,” Bridget shrieked, “Say whatever you want about me, but don’t you dare say anything about my friends, you two-faced rat; my friends are the most kind, considerate, loyal people in this world, but of course you wouldn’t know what any of those words meant considering they wouldn’t register in your bottle-blonde, egotistical world.”

Bridget’s sister scoffed, “You want to say that again, you dimwit, you’re lucky to still have all your teeth right now, if it wasn’t for the fact I wouldn’t do well in juvie, I would so-“

“Would what?” Bridget interrupted, “You wouldn’t do anything and you know it.”

Silence fell between the two girls for a moment, before Bridget began to speak.

“Look, I’m sorry for snapping at you sis, but you just don’t get that there are some lines you’re not supposed to cross and talking about my friends, that’s crossing the line.”

Bridget’s sister looked at her, features unable to be read, she opened her mouth to speak, but Bridget threw her hand up before she could say anything.

“Please leave,” Bridget pleaded, “I don’t want to fight anymore and I’ve got homework to do, so-”

The older girl nodded and began to walk out of the room, but stopped at the door, “Bridget, I’m sorry,” she looked sympathetically back at Bridget before nodding and walking out the door.

Once she heard the click of the door closing, Bridget let the tears, tears of frustration and sadness fall. She couldn’t control the sobs that were coming from her, she wasn’t even sure when they started, but every time she tried to stop sobbing, a wave of guilt and sadness would wash over her and start the cycle again. After what seemed like forever to Bridget, the tears and sobs finally stopped, she was so angry with herself for letting her sisters’ rude statements determine her mood. Bridget picked herself up off the floor and went over to her nightstand where the card from her sister was laying.

“Happy freakin’ birthday.”