Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

10: Aches & Pains

Staring at her blank laptop screen, Olivia shook her head, her mind whirring with the look that had been fixed on Sergio’s face. It wasn’t the first time she had seen it, Sergio in particularly had always questioned how she hadn’t fallen for Iker, but Olivia was sick of answering it. She didn’t see the problem, a lot of girls had friends that were male, but she didn’t understand the obsession with them falling in love. Olivia had never seen Iker that way, to her, he was just the idiot who had ruined her shirt when they had first met and she couldn’t think of a time when she had thought about him any differently. He was Iker and that, to Olivia at least, meant she hadn’t ever thought about him in a romantic manner, even on ‘the night’, it had been fuelled by alcohol.

Shaking her head a little more, she pulled her glasses off of her face and set them down, locking the laptop before she padded towards the kitchen. She didn’t know what it was, but since her run in with Sergio, she hadn’t been able to focus, something which meant the article which her editors were expecting that evening wasn’t even half done.

Rubbing her eyes, she stepped into the kitchen and moved to turn on the kettle before noted a small pain in her stomach, something which made her frown slightly. It was bad, worse than the cramps she was used to when it came to her time of the month, and it drew a soft whimper from her mouth. Blinking a little, she moved to reach for her phone and dialed Iker’s number, hoping that he would pick up. He was the best at looking after her, with her parents having died when she was a teenager and her brother, Daniel, out in Australia, Iker was the only one who could take care of her, and she hoped that he wasn’t too busy with Isobel to answer. The pain in her stomach was awful and she wanted someone to tell her that it was going to get better.

“Hola, you’ve reached the voicemail of…”

Olivia hung up the call and shook her head, quickly moving to dial Callie’s number instead.

Part of her knew that Iker was too busy, but still it stung her. He was the only one she wanted wither when she was sick.

~#~
Padding into Isobel’s living room, Iker spared a small yawn, his dark eyes landing on the mobile phone which sat on the coffee table. It hadn’t been the plan, he’d originally planned to take Isobel out to dinner, but when she had appeared ahead of him in nothing but a robe and some underwear, he hadn’t been able to resist. Isobel was stunning and had an uncanny knack of getting him to go along with whatever it was she wanted to do.

Flopping down onto the couch, he kicked his feet onto coffee table and picked up his phone, noting five missed calls from Olivia, a sight that made him frown. It had been over a month since the night at Olivia’s apartment and other than the odd text or a glance when she had been sat in the crowds at the press conference that morning, he’d not heard from her, something which made the sheer amount of calls on his phone curious. Something was clearly wrong if she had felt the need to call that many times. Frowning, he put the phone to his ear, only to flinch slightly as Callie’s voice snipped into it, her words rushed and flustered. “Iker, when you get this, call Oli’s phone back. She’s in hospital Iker, surgery” the message explained.

Iker swallowed. “Surgery” he murmured.

“What was that?” Isobel posed as she stepped into the room, pressing a sloppy kiss to his cheek.

Iker shifted a little. He would have known Olivia was in hospital if it wasn’t for Isobel. “Oli’s in hospital” he noted.

Isobel wrinkled her nose. “So?” she posed.

“So?” Iker posed “Oli’s sick and all you can say is so?” he posed, his dark eyes flicking over to her.

“She’s a grown woman Iker, she doesn’t need coddling” Isobel noted dismissively.

“Coddling? What the fuck Isobel?” he snapped “She’s my friend, I am concerned” he added.

“Why?” Isobel pressed “She’s a waste of time. You have better friends than the girl that is so obviously in love with you that she tries to set you up just so you don’t realize how pathetic she is” she mumbled.

Iker scoffed. “She isn’t in love with me” he mumbled “And even if she was, she would tell me” he added.

Isobel scoffed. “You two deserve each other” she muttered before she stormed out of the room.

Iker rolled his eyes and moved to collect his jacket.

There was no way he wasn’t being at the hospital when Olivia woke up.

~#~
Stretching a little, Olivia let out a small groan, her face grimacing at the pain that radiated away from her stomach. It had been quick, after calling Callie, she had been rushed to hospital where she had been quickly diagnosed with appendicitis, something which meant she had required surgery. Attempting to stretch again, she felt someone place their hand on her arm, stopping her.

“If you’re not careful” Iker’s voice was soft, something which made Olivia’s heart give an uncharacteristic twitch “You’ll pull out you stitches and no one wants that” he added, a shy laugh falling out of his mouth.

Olivia blinked slightly before she peeked up at him, earning a timid smile in return. “Hola” he mumbled.

“Hola” she replied “Are you supposed to be here?” she added.

Iker dropped his head. “Isobel’s done with me” he mumbled “She didn’t quite understand that whilst you are in hospital I need to be here, so we’re done” he explained gently.

Olivia frowned. “But I thought…”

“Oli, there is nowhere else I want to be right now” he muttered.

Olivia sighed “Iker…”

“Olivia, I am here, I am going to take care of you and that is the important thing OK? We can talk about me and Isobel when you are a bit better” he added.

Olivia nodded her head gently and reached for his hand, taking it happily in hers. “I’m glad you’re here” she mumbled, a small yawn falling out of her mouth.

Iker smiled. “I am too, but I think we can save the celebrations till later. You’re clearly still sleepy from the anesthesia” he explained.

Olivia nodded. “Be here when I wake up?” she posed.

Iker nodded. “I’d want to be nowhere else” he mused.