Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

13: Baby Steps

Holding Olivia’s face in the palm of his hand, Iker smiled slightly, amazed that she hadn’t yet pushed him back. It had been a couple minutes, Olivia had responded slightly after a second and Iker was pleased. Even if it was the last time that they would be in a room without it being tense or awkward, he was glad he would have something to remember it by. Shifting a little, he moved to sit at her side, his other hand gently wrapping around her shoulder to pull her a little closer. Olivia tensed slightly, at first not following his movements, but after a few seconds, she loosened up, leaning into his touch and greeting it with a gentle hum that was like music to him. Leaning back a little, he pecked her lips a couple more times before he met her blue eyes with his, offering her a small shy smile. “So” he mused.

Olivia blinked slightly. “Did we just do that?” she posed, her voice a little breathless.

Iker smiled. “We did” he noted “And if you don’t mind me saying, you’re very good at it” he added, trying to alleviate some of the strangeness that filled the air. It was odd, the atmosphere in the room was somewhere between tense and relieved, and he didn’t quite know what to make of it. One way or another, the dynamic between them was going to change and Iker kind of just wanted it over with. He just wanted Olivia to reject him and have done with it.

Olivia nodded her head before she lifted her hand, gently trailing a finger over her lower lip.

Iker watched her and shook his head. “Oli, if you want me to go…” his sentence was cut off as Olivia placed a hand on the front of his shirt, using it to pull him into another kiss. Iker was shocked, he had thought for sure that she would ask him to leave, but he wasn’t going to turn down a second chance to kiss her. Placing his arms around her, he held her close for a few seconds before she pulled away, her blue eyes peeking into his dark once. “Oli?” he posed.

“Is it wrong that I like doing that?” she murmured.

Iker cocked his eyebrow. “Huh?” he posed.

“Iker, kissing you” Olivia noted “I like doing that, more than a girl that has no romantic feelings for you should” she noted.

Iker smiled, pecking her lips gently. “Perhaps your subconscious does have some sort of romantic feeling for me” he mused “Perhaps, in the back of your mind, you have always wanted me” he added, his voice soft, yet at the same time holding his usual bright and teasing tone.

“Don’t do that. You kissed me” Olivia retorted teasingly.

Iker nodded. “That I did, but I still half expected you to push me away and slap me for it” he mused “Or I thought you would pull away before I had the chance” he added.

Olivia shook her head. “I had been thinking about it” she admitted gently “Since Callie walked in yesterday, I kept wondering what would have happened if she didn’t” she added, fiddling shyly with the hem of the pajama shirt she wore.

Iker smiled. “I was thinking the same thing” he noted, a slightly sheepish look on his face.

“Really?” Olivia quipped.

“No, Oli” Iker teased “Of course I was” he added.

Olivia rolled her eyes gently. “Moron” she muttered.

“The moron who you like kissing” Iker interjected with a smirk.

Olivia giggled for a second before she lifted her head, her blue eyes staring at him. “Iker” she noted.

“Yes?” the keeper returned.

“What do we do now?” Olivia posed “We can’t exactly ignore it, you’re now the best friend who I kissed” she added, a sudden look of panic on her face.

Iker nodded his head. He knew that was she was right, there was no ignoring what had happened between them now, but he wasn’t entirely sure that he wanted to. Kissing Olivia had been a release of something he had had pent up for a while and he felt kind of good about it. He felt kind of good about them. “You’re right” he noted “We can’t ignore it, but who says we need to?” he posed.

Olivia frowned. “What are you talking about?” she mumbled.

“I am saying we can totally be the type of people that manage to turn our wonderful friendship into something a little more” he commented.

Olivia cocked an eyebrow, but didn’t say a word, allowing Iker to continue.

“Look, I know we aren’t in love with one another, and I know that you don’t exactly do well in relationships, just like me, but I think there must be something between us Oli. Like you said, we like kissing, more than friends should” he rambled “Now, I am not promising that we are going to be a storybook romance and I am not suggesting we make this huge leap from being what we are to being a couple, but I think if we took baby steps, then we could make something here. I can’t think of a girl who is better suited to me than you” he finished, his brown eyes peeking at the brunette a little sheepishly. It was a bold step, perhaps too bold for the pair of them who, up until a few minutes earlier, had barely looked at one another in a slightly flirty way, but Iker couldn’t stop the idea falling out of his mouth. Their friendship would never be the same either way and he figured there was no harm.

Olivia swallowed. “Iker, that’s a big step” she murmured.

“No” he replied “It isn’t. Like I said, Oli, we could take little steps. We could, for now, just be friends who kiss occasionally” he suggested softly.

Olivia shifted a little. “I don’t know” she whispered “What if we mess up?” she posed.

“Oli, we can move at your pace” he returned softly.

“Are you sure?” she posed.

Iker nodded. “Certain” he commented “What’s the worst that could happen?” he added, a smile appearing on his face.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “We could end up hating each other” she suggested.

Iker rolled his eyes. “Always so dramatic” he teased.

“It could happen” Olivia replied.

“Unlikely. You’re incapable of hating me” he returned.

Olivia scoffed. “I think I am starting to” she noted, a small smile on her face.

“Doubt it” Iker replied “I’m great” he added.

“If I kiss you now, will you shut up?” Olivia posed.

Iker shrugged. “Perhaps” he teased “Why don’t you do it and find out?” he added.

Olivia rolled her eyes and pressed a kiss against his lips, earning a small smile. It was going to take work, both of them knew it, but there was something between them and it couldn’t be ignore any more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Yaninkin9, Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)