Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

14: Let Me Help You

Pulling away from Olivia, Iker smiled a little, still amazed by the novelty of kissing her. It had been a couple of days and, with Olivia finally due to leave the hospital, Iker had insisted on being beside her, even going to the extreme of suggesting that she stay with him. He knew that she wouldn’t like it, for as long as he could recall, Olivia had hated being coddled and fussed over, but he didn’t want her to hurt herself by trying to be too independent too soon. She was still hurting, she would let out small hisses every now and again and Iker wasn’t going to let her do too much damage, even if he only postponed her return to her apartment for a couple of days, it seemed better than letting her go straight away. “I still really like that” he mumbled softly.

Olivia shook her head. “You only did it to shut me up” she replied.

Iker smiled. “Perhaps, but you were speaking nonsense” he teased gently.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “I was saying that I don’t see why I have to go…” Iker leant over and kissed her softly, cutting off the end of the sentence. She had been fighting it for hours, the idea that she would have to stay with him for a little while, and Iker wanted her to stop. It was for the best, even if Olivia couldn’t quite see it, and he wasn’t going to back down. Someone needed to keep an eye on her for the first few days and it made sense to Iker that it be him, he was her best friend after all and the man she had developed a habit of kissing when the mood struck her.

“Someone needs to keep an eye on you, Oli” Iker noted, pecking her lips gently “Just for a few days and I thought you would rather it be me than Callie seeing as Daniel is still out in Melbourne. If you want, I will call Callie…”

“Fine” Olivia conceded “But why can’t we stay at my apartment?” she posed.

“Because you have one bedroom and I am not sleeping on that couch again. I still get pains from the last time” Iker replied, gently rubbing the lower part of his back.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’re such a drama queen” she mumbled.

“Really?” Iker teased “Oli, you’re making a massive deal about sleeping in my spare room” he pointed out with a small smirk.

Olivia shook her head. “Sometimes, you’re very lucky you’re cute” she muttered.

Iker smiled. “I’m cute am I?” he teased.

Olivia’s cheeks warmed a little. It was easily the first time she had admitted it aloud.

Iker chuckled softly and leant over her, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. Olivia smiled into it. It was still a little strange, the idea that she and Iker were in some sort of transitional phase, but if it meant that he could keep kissing her, then she was all for it. She had thought that she would hate it, that she would find having Iker that close to her a little strange, but she had been wrong. Kissing Iker was slowly becoming an addiction of hers and she wondered how his previous girlfriends had gotten bored of it. She wondered how they had gotten bored of him.

“Oli?” Iker teased “What are you thinking about?” he posed.

Olivia shrugged. “Stuff” she replied vaguely.

“What sort of stuff?” he enquired.

Olivia shook her head. “It’s not important” she commented “When did my doctor say they were coming by?” she posed, changing the subject.

Iker frowned briefly, but looked down at his watch. “He said he would be by in about 20 minutes” he commented “What do you want to do til then?” he posed as he looked up at her, a slight smirk on his face.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “I thought we were taking little steps” she teased.

“We are” Iker smiled “But now that we can, I think we should” he noted.

Olivia scoffed, but placed her hand on the front of his shirt, pulling him into another soft kiss.

Iker smiled into it and held her close. Sometimes, he wondered how they had never done it before.

~#~
“So, this will be your room for the next few days” Iker commented as he helped Olivia step into a room, his spare hand setting her bag down beside the door. It had taken a little more convincing, even the doctor had insisted that Olivia find someone to help her for the first few days, and Iker was pleased to have her there with him. He wanted to ensure that she was alright and felt a little better knowing that she was safe in his spare room, at least that way he could keep an eye on her.

“I keep telling you that I don’t need this” Olivia replied, hobbling slightly towards the bed.

“And your doctor said that you did” Iker replied smartly “So quit pouting” he added.

Olivia rolled her eyes, something which made Iker shake his head. “Oli, you just need someone to help out for the first few days OK? You’ve got a pretty nasty scar on the go there and until it is healed up, no one wants you to overdo it, that’s why they want you to stay with me and that’s why they’ve signed you off of work for the next 2 weeks” he explained.

Olivia sighed. “I just hate having to have someone look after me” she mumbled “I’m used to doing it all by myself” she added with a tone in her voice that made Iker shake his head. He knew what she was talking about, her parents had died when she was still quite young and since then, besides a small influence from her older brother, Olivia had done most things by herself, something which made her a little reluctant to accept people’s help.

“You need someone’s help” Iker murmured “And I am happy to give it” he added.

Olivia nodded. “I know. I’m sorry I’ve been such a pain” she mumbled.

“You’re always a pain” Iker replied “But you’re my pain” he smiled.

Olivia shook her head. “You’re supposed to make me feel better, not agree with me” she noted, a small smile on her face.

Iker smiled and placed a hand on her hip, gently pulling her into him so that he could press a small kiss against her lips. “Better?” he mumbled.

“Better” Olivia smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Yaninkin9 & Jayme112234 for the comments :)