Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

15: Whatever It Is You Do

“So, what do you want to do?” Iker posed as he padded into the living room, setting his kitbag beside the door. It had been a tense couple of days, Olivia had a habit of complaining when she got bored, and Iker was running out of ways to keep her entertained. Without work, Olivia had very little to do with her time and was rapidly becoming more and more frustrated with daytime television.

Olivia, who was sat on the couch, shrugged. “I don’t know, but if I have to watch one more chat show with some women telling me hideous stories about trying on bikinis, I am going to scream” she commented, stretching her legs a little. She knew that it was for her own good, the scar she bore on her stomach was quite substantial and was going to require a good level of healing before she could return to her normal activities, but still she was bored. She couldn’t go out and run like she wanted to, she couldn’t get up and go to work, instead, she was forced to sit around, watching mindless television shows that she was growing to hate.

“I am sure they are not that bad” Iker smiled, padding towards her slightly.

“I have watched some awful shows” Olivia replied “One time, a woman spoke about her first period” she noted.

Iker wrinkled his nose. “You know you can’t use that word around me” he mumbled.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You’re 34” she quipped.

“And you’re 29 and you still carry around a stuffed tiger toy” Iker retorted.

Olivia spared a fake gasp. “How dare you insult him?” she teased, cuddling the toy to her chest.

“Him?” Iker teased “Does he have a name?” he added.

Olivia scoffed. “Of course he does. He’s Rory” she noted as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Iker nodded. “You know you’re weird right?” he noted, offering her a soft smile.

“Yeah” Olivia noted “But it is why we make such good friends” she grinned.

Iker smiled at her comment and leant over, gently kissing her. It was common for them now, whenever the mood struck them, they would kiss, and Iker liked the way the dynamic had changed between them. He liked the idea of something more coming of the friendship that they had held so close for so long. Smiling into the kiss, Olivia poked the goalkeeper’s side, making him chuckle gently. “What was that for?” he mumbled, gently pulling away from her.

“I’m bored” Olivia complained “And as my best friend and the man I kiss far more than I should, it is your job to come up with a way to keep me entertained” she added.

“Why? You are perfectly capable of finding something by yourself” Iker replied.

“Yes, but everything I want to do, involves physical movements. I can’t run, you won’t let me go near my office, I can’t swim. So, since you make the rules, come up with something, San Iker” she teased, resting her head back against the cushions.

Iker took a split second to admire her, noting just how beautiful she was, before he sighed. “What about a game?” he suggested.

Olivia sat up. “What sort of game?” she posed.

“I don’t know” Iker replied “You’re the bored one” he added.

Olivia nodded her head slightly before she padded over towards the shelf, allowing Iker a slight look at her backside. “I know you’re watching me” she noted over her shoulder.

Iker shook his head. “I am not” he defended, a slight blush appearing on his face.

Olivia snorted. “Yeah right” she teased as she picked one of the video games off of the shelf “I can tell” she smirked, turning back to him.

Iker rolled his eyes. “You’re just so smart” he quipped jokingly.

Olivia smiled. “I’m smarter than you” she teased.

Iker scoffed, but didn’t fight back. They’d had this fight more than once and the outcome was nearly always the same. Olivia threw her degree in his face and he would be left stumped, usually mumbling something about how he was cuter than her. “What game did you pick?” he noted.

“Some racing one” Olivia commented as she sat back down “Why, did you want to do something else?” she posed.

“No, that sounds fine” he commented “I’d beat you at anything anyways” he added with a grin.

Olivia shook her head. “Why is everything a debate with you?” she teased.

“Because it always has been. Don’t tell me that you’re bored of it” he noted, half teasing and half concerned.

Olivia shook her head and placed her hand on his, gifting the larger extremity a small squeeze. “I will never get bored of you” she commented earnestly.

Iker smiled at her response and moved to kiss her again, only to have Olivia duck away. “You can only have one of those if you beat me at this racing game, senor” she smiled.

Iker shook his head. “I thought I got those when I wanted” he replied, edging a little closer to her.

Olivia sighed playfully. “I suppose you do” she noted “So how about we bet something else” she noted.

“Like what?” Iker posed.

“Well, if you can beat me at this game, I will go out on a date with you. The full works, the posh dinner, you can give me flowers, whatever it is you do when you take out a girl” she explained.

“You want me to do that?” Iker pressed gently.

Olivia shrugged. “Baby steps right?” she commented “I have been cooped up in here for almost a week and I am going crazy, but I kind of like the idea of seeing how you’d go about it. It seems like the logical next step” she explained gently.

Iker nodded his head. “And what do you get if you win?” he posed.

“That’s easy, you take me to my office tomorrow to collect my stuff and then I attend Real’s weekly press conference” she shrugged.

Iker shook his head. “Your doctor said no” he noted.

“You’re not my doctor” Olivia replied.

Iker sighed. He knew that there was no talking her out of it.

~#~
“Yes” Iker smirked as he placed the controller down.

Olivia shook her head. “I cannot believe you pushed me off of the track” she mumbled.

“I didn’t push you” Iker replied “You’re just terrible at taking corners” he added.

Olivia shook her head slightly. She was a little irked, she had wanted to go back to her office and get back to work, but now that Iker had won, she knew there was little hope. He was a stickler for the rules at times and wasn’t about to disobey the doctor’s orders. “Oli?” Iker posed, edging a little closer to her.

“You win” she noted.

Iker nodded. “I did” he noted “And that means that we are going to go on a date right?” he posed.

Olivia nodded. “I keep my word” she noted.

Iker smiled at her before he pressed a kiss to her lips. “Then I ought to start planning” he teased between innocent kisses “I am about to give you the best first date you’ve ever had” he noted proudly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)