Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

17: Our Little Secret

“Look who’s back” Sergio smiled as he spotted Olivia stood outside the press room, her binder held closer to her chest. She was glad to be back, after a few weeks cooped up on the couch with nothing but daytime television for company, she was glad to be out of the house, but she knew better than to over-do it. Her doctor was thrilled by how her wound was healing, but the pain still existed, something which had Iker watching over her like a hawk. Things were good between them, after their first date a few days previous, things had settled into a comfortable and pleasant rhythm and Olivia was thrilled. She liked that things were changing, that she and Iker were getting closer, but she was also pleased that it was progressing at a nice and comfortable pace. The last thing she wanted was for them to barrel in only to end up regretting it.

“I am, even if they won’t let me go to the games yet, but I am just excited to be out and about” Olivia enthused gently as she reached over to hug the defender.

“I bet you are” Sergio smiled “From the way Iker tells it, you’ve been driving him insane” he added.

Olivia smiled slightly at the mention of the goalkeeper, but quickly stifled it, not wanting Sergio to catch on and ask a bunch of questions that Olivia was in no way prepared to answer. She liked the way things were, they were subdued and subtle, and she knew that they wouldn’t stay that way if Sergio found out. It was likely that the news would be around most of the team within the hour if the defender found out. “I don’t exactly do being looked after well” Olivia quipped “But, Iker didn’t kill me so I am taking that as a good thing” she added.

Sergio nodded. “He’s been a lot happier since he got rid of Isobel” he commented.

Olivia nodded. “Perhaps he realized that she was evil” she shrugged.

“Or perhaps he realized that he really belonged with you” Sergio quipped, a clearly teasing tone in his voice.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “Yeah right” she commented dismissively “We’ve got a better chance of pigs flying” she added.

Sergio snorted out a laugh. “I’ve missed you Oli” he grinned.

Olivia smiled at him gently before Iker padded up to them, offering the brunette a secretive smile that she was more than happy to return. “Oli” he greeted gently “It’s nice to see you back” he added.

“You saw her yesterday” Sergio pointed out.

Iker nodded. He had seen her the day before, they had spent the day watching bad horror films and eating cookies that Olivia had found the time to bake. “I know, but I meant it is nice to see her back at work and not on my couch. I’ve kind of missed professional Oli” he smiled.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “I would have been back here sooner if someone wasn’t such a stickler for the rules” she commented.

“I didn’t want you hurting yourself. Excuse me for caring” Iker shot back.

Olivia scoffed. “I can look after myself” she noted.

“I know, you told me every day for two weeks” Iker pointed out.

Sergio, who was watching the exchange, shook his head. “You two bicker like an old married couple” he commented “When are you just going to get it together?” he posed.

Olivia shook her head. “I don’t see why people are so hooked on that idea” she noted, sending a little look to Iker who smiled at her. It had always been the plan, to keep it under wraps, and Iker wasn’t going to change it. He liked the idea of having Olivia to himself for a little while before their friends started to fawn and get involved. He knew that people would get in the way eventually and he wanted to put it off for a little while whilst he got used to the change in dynamic that had occurred.

Sergio scoffed. “Because you’d be adorable together” he noted “Because you two have practically had everything you could have in a relationship minus the sex. It’s merely a matter of time before one of you wakes up and smells the roses” he added.

Iker shook his head. “I just don’t think that that is going to happen, Sergio” he noted “Not every friendship between a guy and a girl ends up in them falling in love” he pointed out.

“No, but they’d have at least gotten close to sleeping together” Sergio pointed out.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “It’s just not something that it going to happen, Sergio” she mused “I don’t see Iker that way and he doesn’t see me that way. We’re more like siblings” she added.

Sergio rolled his eyes. “You two are missing out on something” he muttered before he padded away from the pair.

“He’s not wrong” Iker commented as soon as he was sure that Sergio was out of ear shot.

“About what?” Olivia posed, smiling up at Iker.

“About us being adorable together. I know I am the one in this odd little relationship we have going, but even if I do say so myself, we’re very cute” he boasted jokingly.

Olivia smiled. “I like to think we are cute” she noted.

“We’re irresistibly cute and when we tell people about us, they will most definitely fawn” he grinned “But for now, I wanted to give you this” he noted, kissing her lightly for a couple of seconds “And then I wanted to know if you were free tonight. I have been working on a plan for our second date and I kind of wanted to do it before the weekend because the game is in Malaga and then I have to go away for the first internationals” he rambled gently.

Olivia shook her head. “You could just ask” she commented “I don’t need the whole explanation” she added with a grin.

Iker scoffed. “Fine. Oli, would you like to go on our second date tonight?” he posed.

Olivia smiled and pushed herself up onto her toes, kissing him lightly. “I think that answers that” she noted “And now I have to go to work, so I will see you later” she grinned before she stepped into the press room.

Iker smiled after her. He hoped he could keep Olivia his little secret for a while to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)