Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

02: A Little Helping Hand

“Sleepyhead” Olivia mumbled, nudging Iker’s shoulder as she padded past the couch “Sleepyhead, you have to get up. Sergio’s already called five times and insists you’re late” she added, offering his shoulder a more vigorous push. Iker shifted a little at the feel of her push and attempted to roll over, something which culminated in him rolling of the couch, earning a laugh from his friend. It hadn’t been his intention, after the movies, he had intended to return to his own home for the night, but Olivia had insisted that he stay, even if it had meant an uncomfortable night’s sleep on the couch, he’d simply drunk too much for her to be Ok with him going home alone.

“Graceful, Iker” Olivia teased as she padded over to help him up “You knew that you were on a couch right?” she teased.

“Apparently, that detail had slipped my mind” he mumbled, sitting up “Why are you waking me up?” he poked, looking up at her.

“Sergio’s throwing a fit” Olivia commented, offering the keeper her hand “Apparently, you’re late for something” she added.

Iker frowned. “Did he give you any indication what I was late for? The season’s over so it’s not related to Real Madrid” he commented.

“He didn’t, but the last time he called, he sounded a little angry” Olivia noted “Are you going to be OK to deal with him today?” she added, helping him up to his feet. She knew how Iker could be, when he broke up with a girl, he didn’t like to see anyone other than her, and she wanted to ensure he was in a mood where he could deal with Sergio without wanting to punch him in the face.

Iker nodded. “I’ll be fine, Oli. After last night, I feel a lot better” he smiled.

“Really? You passed out at 11” Olivia replied with a grin.

“I did not pass out” he mumbled “And isn’t that my sweater?” He poked, gesturing to the large hoodie that she had wrapped around her shoulders.

Olivia nodded. “Firstly, you did pass out. Second film in and you were snoring” she teased “And yes, this is your sweater. I was typing up my latest article in the kitchen and I got cold, but I didn’t want to march all the way back to my room to find one, so I took yours since it was sitting over the back of a chair at the kitchen table” she smiled, smoothing out the material slightly.

Iker eyed the jumper around her shoulders, noting how at home she look in it, before he shook his head. “I ought to go and find Sergio” he commented “He’ll only keep calling if I don’t and I don’t want him yelling at me. Can I have my jumper back?” he posed.

Olivia nodded and pulled it off her shoulders, handing it back to him. “I have something to give you before you go” she noted.

Iker frowned. “What?” he noted.

Olivia smiled and padded into the kitchen for a second before she reappeared, a piece of notepaper in her hand. “This is a friend of mine, her name is Isobel and she’s been bugging me to set her up for a little while since I am clearly the greatest matchmaker in the world” she boasted playfully. Iker smiled. Olivia had always had a habit of setting up the right people. “This is her number, I called her this morning and told her that I was giving it to you. She said she would love it if you called her” she explained.

“Why did you do that?” Iker pressed, taking the number out of her hand.

“Because it is now my life’s mission to help you find the perfect girlfriend Iker” Olivia smiled “As much as I enjoy our post-breakup nights in, I can’t do them forever and I want to help you find someone to make you happy. You deserve it” she commented gently.

Iker shook his head. “You don’t have to help me, Oli” he murmured “I will find someone by myself” he added.

“I don’t doubt that” Olivia noted “But perhaps you could use a little help” she suggested.

“Oli…”

“She’s a sweet girl, Iker” Olivia noted “And you won’t die if you take her out once. Just give it go and if it doesn’t pan it, it doesn’t pan out” she smiled.

Iker sighed. “What did you say her name was?” he posed.

Olivia grinned. “Her name is Isobel” she enthused “She’s personal shopper that’s helped out on a few photo shoots that I have been to for my articles. She’s great and I am sure the pair of you will really hit it off” she added.

Iker sighed. “Do you really want me to do this?” he poked.

“I want you to be happy, Iker, and I think that you could be with Isobel. She’s a real sweetheart and I am sure she will be just right” she enthused happily. She wanted Iker happy, it was all she wanted for him, and she had a good feeling about him and Isobel. She was a good friend, a lovely girl, and was sure to treat Iker better than the last few girlfriends he had had.

Iker sighed. “I will call her later and set something up, but you are one hundred percent in charge of preparing me to meet her” he mumbled, his finger pointing at Olivia.

The brunette nodded her head. “Of course, we will do a mock date and everything” she enthused brightly.

“And you will pay for whatever restaurant I want to take her to” Iker bargained.

“Fine” Olivia smiled “Just call her. I think she really could be good for you Iker” she squeaked before her phone beeped, something which made her roll her eyes. “That will be Sergio again. You should probably go and find him” she smiled.

Iker nodded. “I will do. Gracias for last night Oli” he mumbled as he pulled her into a hug.

Olivia placed a kiss on his cheek.

“Anytime, hombre” she cooed before she pulled away from him, leaving Iker watching after the best friend he could have asked for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)