Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

21: Red Carded

“How do you see the game going tonight?” Olivia posed as she pulled on her jacket. It was still early, the game didn’t kick off for another couple of hours or so, but Iker had been insistent on taking her. It was the first one she had been allowed to attend since she had been discharged from hospital and Iker wasn’t going to rest until he was assured that she was going to be safe. He knew it was slightly irrational, the scar from Olivia’s surgery was nothing more than a pink line that contrasted with her otherwise perfect skin now, but still he worried. He always had and now that they were dating, he was even worse.

Iker shrugged. “Barca are good” he commented, his dark eyes watching as she pulled her shoes onto her feet “They’re coming at us on the back of the treble and that front three is enough to have even the best team quaking in their boots, but I am confident. Sergio and Varane are good, they’ve looked good in training all week and obviously, to score, they have to score past me” Iker noted “Something I think we both know won’t happen” he added with a little smirk.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “You know, all my journalist friends always tell me how nice they think you are. I wonder what the heck they are thinking” she mumbled.

Iker smiled. “You know you think I am great really” he mused, helping her back to her feet.

Olivia shook her head. “You’re lucky that I do” she noted.

Iker chuckled and placed a kiss on her lips. “I’m the luckiest guy” he mumbled “And I know it too” he added.

Olivia blushed gently at the slight compliment before her phone buzzed, signaling that the moment for them to leave had arrived. “Ready?” she posed, looking up at him slightly.

Iker nodded his head. “I’m mostly ready, but I just need one more thing before we go” he noted.

Olivia frowned. “What?” she posed.

“My good luck kiss from my lovely girlfriend” he noted with a little shrug “I can’t do it at the stadium” he added.

Olivia rolled her eyes, but smiled nevertheless, pressing a little kiss to his lips.

~#~
“Make a note to talk about the decision to play Messi from the left” Olivia noted with a look towards her intern who was jotting notes down onto his laptop. It had been a good game, both teams had had copious amounts of chances, but thus far there had been no goals, something which both pleased and disappointed Olivia. She was a Madrid fan, she had been since she was a child, and she was disappointed that not one of the strikers had managed to find a way past Claudio Bravo, but she was equally pleased that they had managed to keep Barca’s front 3 out. The trio had been remarkably busy and she was pleased that all of their attempts had been thwarted.

Shifting in her seat, she peeked down at the pitch, watching as Ivan Rakitic moved the ball over the half-way line, passing it out wide to Jordi Alba. The left-back weaved his way towards the by-line before he cut the ball back, passing it to the quickly advancing Luis Suarez who proceeded to dart into the box. Olivia swallowed at the sight of it, the pass had left Suarez one on one with Iker and she didn’t quite see how the keeper could keep him out, the angle was against him. Shifting forwards, she gripped the side of the seat as Iker stepped off of his line, his hands grasping for the ball which laid at the feet of the Uruguayan striker. Sliding out, he managed to get a hand on the ball, but not before Suarez fell forwards, drawing the whistle from the referee which signaled for a penalty.

“No” Olivia mumbled, her blue eyes watching as the Real Madrid players surrounded the referee in protest, but he wasn’t to be swayed. With long strides, he stepped up towards Iker and brandished the red card, earning violent whistles from the watching crowds. Olivia gasped briefly before she pushed herself to her feet, working her way out of her spot in the press box.

“Where are you going?” The intern posed.

“I will be back in a second” Olivia responded “Just keep making notes” she added before she darted down the stairs.

~#~
Tapping the changing room door tentatively, Olivia swallowed a little, alerted by the loud thuds and thumps which echoed from inside. She knew that he would be upset, he always was when Real lost a game, more so when he thought it was his fault, and Olivia wanted to calm him down. She didn’t like to see him angry or upset. Tapping the door once more, she pushed it open lightly and stepped inside, her blue eyes watching the keeper who sat beside his locker, the majority of his kit tossed around the room, leaving him sat in his shorts and undershirt. “Iker?” she posed “Iker, are you OK?” she added.

Iker’s head lifted at the question. “OK?” he sneered “Oli, I just gave away a penalty, I just got sent off and you’re going to stand there and ask if I am OK? Of course I am not OK” he yelled.

Olivia flinched slightly, but didn’t move from her spot by the door. Angry or not, she wasn’t going to walk away from him. “It wasn’t your fault” she noted.

Iker scoffed. “I dived at his feet” he replied.

“And Suarez went over rather dramatically” Olivia shot back “It’s not your fault” she added.

Iker rolled his eyes, something which made Olivia scoff. “It’s the beginning of October Iker, not April. So what if you lose this one game. Do you honestly believe that Barcelona won’t lose one at some point? Do you honestly think you won’t be able to claw back the points? Come on” she hissed “You know that you’re better than that, you individually and Real Madrid, so quit pitying yourself” she added.

Iker blinked, a little surprised by her outburst.

“You’re a fantastic goalkeeper, the best even, and I am not going to let you throw your toys out of the pram over one stupid little mistake. You’ll come back, you’ll be fine, and I don’t want you thinking anything else about it” Olivia rambled.

Iker took a couple of steps towards her, one of his hands lightly cupping her cheek. “You really think so?” he whispered.

Olivia nodded. “I know it” she noted firmly “And I want you to know it too. It’s one mistake, Iker, no one can be perfect” she added, her blue eyes peeking into his.

“Some people can be” he smiled gently “I know you are” he added.

Olivia scoffed. “You know that I am not” she noted, her cheeks pink.

“Well, you’re as close as it gets then” he smiled gently “Oli, I love you” he added.

Olivia swallowed. She had never quite envisaged him saying that to her. “You what?” she murmured.

Iker chuckled. “I love you” he admitted gently.

“You love me” Olivia repeated, trying to ensure that she had heard him right.

Iker smiled. “Yes” he confirmed “And even if you don’t feel like saying it back yet…”

“Of course I love you, idiot” Olivia interjected.

Iker frowned. “Did you call me an idiot?” he posed.

“Yes” Olivia noted simply.

Iker shook his head and moved to hug her tightly, pressing a little kiss to her cheek. Olivia hugged him back for a second before she leant back, pressing a small kiss against his lips. Iker smiled into it and moved to deepen it, only to pull away as the door opened, allowing his teammates to trudge back inside, completely oblivious to the couple who were wrapped up in each other’s arms. Olivia smiled. “I should go” she noted softly.

Iker nodded. “I will see you” he smiled.

“Of course you will. You’re giving me a lift home” she grinned before she stepped out of the room, leaving the keeper grinning after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)