Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

22: One Picture Says It All

“Are you calmer now?” Olivia posed as she stepped into Iker’s living room, a bag of crisps and a couple of bottles of beer clasped in her hands. It had been a few hours, after their little confrontation in the dressing room, Olivia had been preoccupied with post-match interviews, but she was glad to be sat around with Iker again. She was, slightly at least, still basking in the fact that they had said their very first ‘I love you’ and didn’t want to be kept away from him for very long. A part of her just wanted to cuddle up to him and not let him go for a couple of hours.

Iker, who had been setting up the film they were going to watch, nodded. “A lot” he commented “But I think I owe a lot to this brunette who stormed into the room and yelled at me. She was fiery” he teased, a smile on his face.

“You had it coming” Olivia returned as she moved towards him, settling the food onto the table “You were being an ass” she added.

Iker snorted. “You’re the only girl I would ever let call me that you know” he commented “If any other girlfriend said it to me, I would have dumped them before they even finished the sentence” he added.

Olivia smiled. “Well, I must be really special then” she grinned.

Iker shook his head. “The most special. I love you, remember?” he posed, a grin on his face.

Olivia blushed a little. She didn’t quite think she would ever get used to him saying it to her.

Iker chuckled and pressed a swift kiss against her cheek before he pressed play on the film, allowing the opening credits to roll up the screen.

“I am sorry for yelling earlier” Olivia mumbled as she snuggled into his side, allowing him to place his arm around her shoulder.

“I needed to hear it” Iker noted “You were right” he added.

“I know, and I know that you needed hear it, but I am still sorry. I should have been a little more tactful” she noted.

Iker snorted. “Oli, you’ve never been tactful and that is one of the many things that I absolutely love about you. You speak your mind, you don’t filter yourself and I love that. You can yell at me or you can whisper and that’s fantastic. I think it’s great that you’re the way you are and I don’t want you thinking for one second that now we are together, you need to change. I fell for you Oli, this version of you” he smiled softly as he gifted her shoulder a little squeeze.

Olivia smiled. “I am sorry” she noted.

“Stop saying that. I genuinely think this is the most you have ever apologized to me” Iker smiled.

Olivia shook her head. “I am just a little…nervous” she noted.

Iker shook his head and pressed a brisk kiss against her lips. “Don’t be nervous” he noted “Just be you” he added.

Olivia smiled and snuggled up to him once more, her eyes glancing at the screen as her heart thumped in her chest. She couldn’t quite believe how good things were between them.

~#~
“Olivia?” Iker mumbled as he stretched his legs. It had been a couple of hours, the pair had gotten through one and a half films before Iker had decided to go to sleep and he wanted to make sure that Olivia was comfortable with staying the night. It was late, too late for him to be comfortable with her going home, and he hoped she wouldn’t object too much, or assume that he was going to trying and convince her to sleep with him. He just wanted to keep her safe. “Oli” he mumbled, shaking her shoulder “It’s nearly midnight and I need to get to bed” he added.

Olivia stirred a little, but didn’t wake up, instead opting to cuddle a little closer to the keeper.

Iker sighed. He could see that Olivia was comfortable, her tiny wispy snores were a giveaway, and he didn’t particularly wanted to disturbed her, even if he was slightly uncomfortable. She simply looked to happy. Yawning, he reached out for his phone and checked the time, noting it as 3 minutes to midnight, before he spied the messages on his phone, all saying how unlucky he had been to be sent off in the match. Shaking his head, he filtered through them quickly before he felt Olivia shift at his side, something which made him smile a little. It had been a little while, after their visit to his parents, they had skyped with her older brother in Melbourne, and Iker was pretty confident that the time had come to make the announcement of their relationship. He knew that Olivia didn’t want any sort of fuss, she just wanted people to know, and as he looked down at her, he could see his opportunity.

Shifting a little, he adjusted his phone in his hand and snapped a quick picture of Olivia who had fallen asleep clutching at his other hand. Smiling slightly, he uploaded the picture to his social media accounts and captioned it with the phrase ‘nothing makes a red card better like a night in with my favorite girl’ before he posted it.

Stretching slightly, he moved to withdraw his hand from Olivia’s, something which made the brunette sit up. “What time is it?” she mumbled.

“Time that I take you up to the spare room” Iker noted with a small yawn.

Olivia shook her head. “I don’t want to sleep in the spare room” she complained.

“Olivia, it is nearly midnight. There is no way that I am going to let you…”

“I want to sleep in your room” Olivia interjected with a smirk.

Iker stopped talking. “What?” he posed.

“I want to sleep, and I do mean sleep, in your room tonight” she explained.

“You do?” Iker posed.

“Yes” Olivia smiled “Is that a problem?” she added innocently.

Iker shook his head. “Not at all” he commented, taking her hand gently “In fact, it’s the best idea you’ve had all day” he teased, leading her up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Yaninkin9 for the comment :)