Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

23: I Don’t Care Who Knows

Wrinkling her nose a little, Olivia peeked her blue eyes open, noting the irritating blaring of her phone from the pocket of her jacket which was neatly hung up on the door of Iker’s closest. It was early, too early for the brunette who found herself oddly comfortable in Iker’s bed, but she knew that she had to get up. Chances were that it was her work calling and she couldn’t afford to ignore their call. Yawning, she pushed the comforter away from her and wiggled out of Iker’s arms, earning a slight whine from the keeper that made her snicker. Even in his sleep he was adorable. Shaking her head, she padded towards the jacket and pulled out her phone, pressing it to her ear without so much as a glance towards the name on the screen. “Hola” she greeted lazily.

“How could you not tell me?” Callie’s shrill voice posed.

Olivia flinched and pulled away for a second. “Callie, what are you talking about?” she mumbled.

“You and Iker” the other woman replied.

Olivia frowned. As far as she had been aware, no one knew about her and Iker. “What about me and Iker?” she posed.

Callie scoffed. “Don’t play coy Oli. You’re dating” she announced.

“Ok, and how do you know that?” Olivia posed, stepping into the hall so that she wouldn’t wake Iker.

“Because he practically announced it to the world last night” Callie replied as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Olivia shook her head. “Alright, I think you’re going to have to do more explaining than that. What announcement?” she posed, trying to stifle another yawn.

“His picture” Callie noted “He posted a picture of you, all curled up against him, and captioned it with something about coming home to his favorite girl. Now, I know the pair of you are ridiculously close, but that was romantic even for you two, so, I ask again, how could you not tell me that you’d finally gotten it together with him?” she posed.

“We weren’t exactly telling people” Olivia mumbled.

“But his picture…”

“Was taken without my permission” Olivia interjected “And now I have to go and ask why. Adios Callie” she mumbled before she hung up the phone, padding back into the bedroom where Iker sat, his brown eyes watching the television absently.

Closing the door, Olivia ensured it made a noise, causing Iker to look over at her. “Mañana, hermosa” he cooed with a grin.

“Stop talking” Olivia mumbled.

Iker frowned. “Oli, amor, what is wrong?” he posed.

“That was Callie on the phone” she noted “She called to ask me why I hadn’t told her about me and you. I wanted to tell her that it was because we hadn’t told anyone, but then she told me about a picture. Do you happen to have any idea what she is talking about?” she posed.

Iker sighed. “Oli…”

“I can’t believe you did that without me” she muttered “I can’t believe that you thought that that was the way I wanted to do it” she added.

“Oli…”

“No, you don’t talk, you sit there and listen to me. Iker, I didn’t want that to be the way things were revealed, I didn’t want to draw attention to us and now, now all we have is attention on us. I wanted to be subtle and understated, but now, thanks to you…” Iker leant up and pressed his lips against hers, taking the words off of the tip of her tongue. He could tell that she was upset, the way she was ranting at him made it clear that she was irked with what he had done, but Iker needed to shut her up. He needed her to understand that he had only done it because he was immensely proud that his girlfriend was as wonderful as Olivia was.

Leaning away, he lightly placed his hand over her mouth, stopping her from speaking. “I need you to listen to me, Oli” he noted “Without yelling, or screaming, I need you to sit here and let me explain OK?” he noted.

Olivia nodded, causing Iker to lower his hand away. “Firstly, the picture that I took of us was sweet and so was the caption I put on it” he noted.

Olivia made a sound, something which told Iker that that wasn’t the moment for their usual teasing.

“And secondly, I don’t see why attention for us is a bad thing” he noted.

“Because…” Iker placed his hand back over her mouth.

“I am not done yet” he noted “Oli, I am so happy with you right now, so amazingly happy, and a little greedy part of me wants to show that off to everyone. I know it is stupid, the only person I should care about impressing is you, but a little part of me really wants people to see that I am in a relationship with a girl who is quite simply amazing” he whispered “I know it’s selfish and stupid, I knew that as soon as I did it, but I don’t regret doing it Oli and you’re not going to convince me that I should. I love you and I don’t really care about who knows it” he finished with a small grin.

Olivia swallowed gently before she pushed his hand away from her face. “You really did it because of that?” she mused.

“Of course” he replied firmly “You’re amazing and I want people to know how proud I am of that, and how proud I am of the fact that you’re all mine” he grinned, gently pulling her into his arms.

“You’re proud of me?” she mumbled.

“Of course I am” he noted “You’re clever” he cooed, pressing a kiss to her right cheek “Funny” he noted, moving to left “Sweet” he grinned, pressing a kiss to her forehead “And I love you for every last bit of it” he enthused, pressing a kiss against her lips. Olivia happily returned it before she moved her hands to the hem of his t-shirt, lightly pulling on it, something which made him lean back slightly.

“Oli, we don’t have to do this right now” he noted.

“I know” she replied “But part of me is feeling pretty seduced by that cute little speech you just made” she added with a small smirk.

“You are?” Iker posed.

Olivia nodded her head. “So, what are you going to do?” she posed.

Iker blinked a little before he set his hand at the bottom of his shirt, quickly pulling it over his head, earning a small giggle from Olivia. She doubted she could ever truly stay mad at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)