Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

24: Head Over Heels

“Please, don’t make me go” Iker mumbled from his spot on the bed, his dark eyes watching Olivia as she moved to find the clothes that he had been quick to get rid of. He wasn’t going to lie, he had been waiting for Olivia to be ready for a little while, but there was no doubt that it had been worth the wait. It had been wonderful and Iker, for a brief second, wondered why they hadn’t done it before then. Part of him wondered what the heck had been going through his mind for the past 5 years.

Olivia, who had just relocated her shirt, shook her head. “You have to go, and you know it” she noted, pulling the blouse around her figure “I am not having people blame me for you not showing up” she added.

“They’re already going to blame you for me being late” Iker commented as he stood up, moving to find a clean pair of underwear “I should have been in the car 5 minutes ago and I am not even wearing clothes right now. It’s not going to take a rocket scientist to figure out that you are involved” he grinned, moving to collect a pair of jeans.

“It’s not my fault you’re lazy” Olivia commented, pulling the zip of her skirt up “You could have been out of bed 15 minutes ago, but no, someone insisted that we sit there and cuddle. That’s not my fault” she grinned.

“It’s a little bit your fault” Iker commented, padding up to her to wrap his arms around her waist “You’re too pretty for me to just leave alone” he added, placing a teasing kiss over the small mark he had ensured to leave just below the line of her shirt.

Olivia scoffed. “You’re going to be even later if you don’t find a shirt and get your bag” she mumbled.

Iker shrugged nonchalantly. “They can’t drop me” he mumbled “I am already suspended for next week’s game” he added.

Olivia rolled her eyes. “Don’t start getting on the wrong side of Benitez” she noted, gently pushing him back a little “You don’t want another Mourinho situation” she added.

Iker sighed. “You’re right” he mused.

“I normally am” Olivia teased gently “And I also have to get going. Callie is already going to make my day hellish, I should probably try to ensure that my boss doesn’t do the same” she commented.

Iker nodded and captured her hand as she attempted to leave, pulling her back into a soft kiss. “I love you” he muttered.

Olivia grinned. “You have no idea how many butterflies I get when you say to me” she teased lightly “But of course, I love you too” she added before she pecked his lips lightly once more before moving to get her bag.

Iker watched after her and smiled a little to himself. He doubted he had been happier before.

~#~
“Ah, decided to make in this morning did we captain?” Cristiano Ronaldo smirked as he watched Iker jog onto the training field, almost 20 minutes after the rest of the squad had. He knew that it hadn’t been his best plan, after getting sent off in the game the night before, he should have been the first one in, but leaving Olivia had been hard. Part of him had genuinely considered not showing up at all and convincing Olivia to call in sick.

“I’m sorry for being late” Iker returned “I was…”

“With Olivia” Sergio smirked, earning a slight hint of colour on the keeper’s cheeks. “What, did you think we didn’t know?” the defender smirked.

“I was kind of hoping we could avoid talking about it” Iker replied.

Sergio snorted. “Yeah right. You get with Oli and I am just going to ignore it” he muttered sarcastically.

Iker opened his mouth to retort, but was cut off as Isco padded towards them. “You have to tell us how it happened” the midfielder enthused.

“I really don’t” Iker replied “All you need to know is that Oli is my girlfriend now” he added.

“No way are we letting you get away with just saying that” Sergio noted.

“Who made the first move?” Cristiano posed.

“I bet it was Oli” Sergio teased.

Iker shook his head. “Do you guys really need to know all of this? You’re not a group of teenagers” he noted.

“And? This is easily the biggest thing that is going to happen around here for a little while and we want to talk about. So, quit being boring and just tell us” Sergio replied, slapping the keeper’s shoulder affectionately.

Iker sighed. “Fine. I made the first move” he noted.

“Really?” Cristiano noted.

Iker nodded his head, a small fond smile appearing on his face at the thought of the first kiss he had shared with Olivia. Sergio, who was watching his friend, smiled widely, noting the loved-up expression that filled the keeper’s face. “Look at you” he enthused “You’re all giddy” he added.

Iker shrugged. “I love her” he noted simply.

Sergio shook his head. “Just think, if you had figured that out five years ago, Oli could be your wife and there could be a little band of babies toddling around” he teased.

Iker smiled slightly at the thought. He could picture Olivia in a wedding dress, and he could also picture her with their first child, something which scared him as much as it thrilled him. He doubted he had been so head over heels before.

“Casillas”

Iker lifted his head at the sound of his coach’s voice and nodded, knowing that the tone meant that he would be expected to hang back once the training session was over and done with. Sergio, who was still stood beside the keeper, nudged his ribs gently. “I bet spending the night with Oli was worth whatever Benitez is going to say after training” he whispered with a little wink.

Iker nodded his head. “You have no idea” he commented.

Sergio smiled. “It’s good to see you smiling” he noted.

Iker nodded. “It feels good to smile too” he confirmed.

“Oli’s good for you” Sergio grinned.

“She’s perfect” Iker enthused before he jogged away to start the training session with the goalkeeping coach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)