Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

26: Off Limits

Swallowing slightly, Iker shifted his hand over towards Olivia’s, gripping the dainty extremity tightly. He could see what was going through her mind, her blue eyes were fixed firmly on the baby bump that Isobel clearly sported beneath her sweater, and Iker wanted to calm her down. They didn’t know, not for sure, and he didn’t want her freaking out over nothing. There was still a chance, no matter how unlikely, that the bump beneath Isobel’s shirt was someone else’s doing and not his.

“You must be quite shocked” Isobel commented, a smirk on her face “I mean, the last time you saw me, I wasn’t showing” she added.

Iker nodded. “You look a little way along now” he commented gently “Can I ask, how far?” he posed.

Isobel smirked. She could see that she had him where she wanted him. “I’m 4 months along, Iker, almost five” she quipped nonchalantly.

Iker stiffened a little. It didn’t take a genius to figure out that there was a strong chance that the baby Isobel was carrying was his. Their month long relationship had concluded about 5 months previous, allowing for the start of his 4 month relationship with Olivia. “So that would mean…” he stumbled out, earning a high pitched laugh from Isobel.

“That would mean that there is a strong chance you have fathered my baby, Iker” she quipped as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Iker opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off as the waiter padded towards them, something which made Iker sigh. He had to talk to Isobel, even if she was a witch, but he didn’t want to ruin Olivia’s birthday any further. He wanted to spoil the brunette and knew that she wasn’t going to afford him much of chance after that night. “Can I call you?” he mumbled, squeezing Olivia’s hand lightly.

Isobel smirked. “I think you have to, really, don’t you?” she chortled.

Iker’s jaw tensed fractionally, something which caused Olivia to sigh. “Have dinner with her” she mumbled “You two clearly need to talk about some things and I am starting to develop a migraine” she added.

Iker shook his head. “Oli, it’s your birthday” he protested “I want to be with you tonight” he added.

“And she is carrying your baby. Stay, Iker, talk to her. I will be at your place when you get home” Olivia commented as she moved to step away from him. Iker kept a hold of her hand, trying to make her stay, but Olivia merely pried his fingers away, pressing a small kiss against his cheek, wordlessly assuring him that it was alright. Iker made a small sound, wordlessly trying to convince her to stay, but Olivia merely dismissed it, wandering out of the restaurant, leaving Iker with Isobel who smirked at him.

“Say what you have to say” he muttered.

“Iker…”

“No, don’t try and convince me that Oli’s making a big deal, and don’t try and pretend that you’re some innocent girl. We both know that that isn’t true, so why don’t you tell me why you made a deal of coming here tonight and save us all sometime eh?” Iker interjected with a glare. He didn’t want to waste time, Isobel clearly wanted something from him, and he didn’t want to waste time with pleasantries. He wanted to know what exactly she wanted from him.

Isobel sighed. “Fine. I wanted you to know about the baby” she noted.

“Why?” Iker replied “You’re nearly 5 months along and you haven’t taken the time to tell me before, so why now?” he posed, his dark eyes narrowed on her.

Isobel shook her head. “You know why” she mumbled.

“You want money” Iker noted with a knowing nod “For what?” he posed.

“For your baby” she replied as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“They’re not due for 4 more months, Isobel, try again” he noted sternly.

Isobel sighed. “Fine, you want the truth, here it is. I didn’t expect to fall pregnant, but when I did, my parents, who had been providing me with a pleasant sum of money to support me, cut me off. Now, I am 31, pregnant, and under threat of being kicked out. So yeah, I do need money, but not because I am some money-grabbing bitch, but because I need to survive and you’re the only person who had a vested interest” she noted with a small motion towards her bump.

Iker sighed. “Why didn’t you just call me?” he posed.

Isobel scoffed. “Like you would pick up. Everybody knows you’re dating Olivia and there is no chance you’d have picked up your phone to your ex without her freaking” she noted.

“Oli’s a rational girl” Iker noted “And if you hadn’t have wandered over here, on her birthday no less, then she would have understood. Now, she’s got every right to be pissed with you” he added.

“I…”

“Don’t pretend a little part of you didn’t want to piss her off” Iker interjected.

Isobel sighed. She couldn’t deny something that was painfully obvious.

“Look, I want to help. If that is my baby…”

“It is” Isobel confirmed.

“Then I will help you take care of them, I will be their papa, but you need to know that I am not going to just give you money to walk away with, Isobel. I am going to speak to my lawyer, have contracts written up, but more importantly than that, you need to understand that if I am a part of our baby’s life, then Oli is too and you cannot, and I will not let you, upset her. She’s my girlfriend, not you, and that isn’t something that is going to miraculously change now that I know you’re pregnant OK?” he stressed, his dark eyes fixed on the blonde.

Isobel sighed. “You really want to be a padre to our baby?” she whispered.

“Definitely” he confirmed “And I want to help you too, Isobel, but I need your word. Oli is off limits to you after the way you treated her before” he warned.

Isobel wanted to shake her head. She didn’t like the idea of the brunette playing any sort of role in her child’s life, but she knew that she had to agree. If she wanted to have Iker’s help, at least financially, she needed to just say yes. “Alright” she noted “I will keep away from Oli” she noted.

Iker nodded. “Good. I will set about getting the ball rolling tomorrow, but right now, I need to go and salvage what is left of Olivia’s birthday” he quipped before he excused himself from the restaurant, his head spinning with the notion that he was going to be a father.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 & babygurl94512 for the comments :)