Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

34: I Need You

“Are you sure that you want to go tonight?” Callie posed as she watched Olivia pull on the heels that she had picked to wear to the New Year’s Eve party that she had been invited to. It had been a tough week, since Christmas day, Olivia hadn’t seen or spoken to Iker, and it was something that was a little unfamiliar to her. She knew that it was a big deal, putting their relationship on hold had been a tough decision for her to make, but part of her knew that it was the right thing to do. Until Iker knew what was going on with Isobel and the baby, he was going to be subject to more of the blonde’s woman interruptions and Olivia didn’t have the stomach for it, even if it did mean giving up the man she adored. She didn’t want to end up hating him.

Olivia, who had turned to checking her hair, nodded. “Of course I am sure, Cal, it’s just a party” she commented.

“At Sergio Ramos’ home. A party that you know will involve seeing Iker” Callie pointed out lightly. She didn’t want Olivia to mope, it had been her decision to put things on hold at the end of the day, but she did want her to be careful. Even something as simple as mentioning the keeper’s name made Olivia go quiet and Callie didn’t quite know how the brunette would react to being in the same room as the boyfriend she hadn’t spoken to in seven days.

Olivia sighed. “I am a big girl, Callie. I think I can handle being in the same room as the man” she commented.

“You can’t even say his name without getting that funny look on your face” Callie pointed out.

Olivia sighed. “I can’t just hide away because of what happened between us, Cal. Iker and I are complicated, I am not quite sure of what is going to happen, but right now, I want to go to this party, have a drink and just relax a little. They’re my friends too, Cal, regardless of my relationship with him” she explained gently.

Callie shook her head. “I just don’t get the problem between you” she mumbled.

“Isobel is the problem, more specifically, Isobel being pregnant. It might seem stupid, but as long as she is around, I can’t be” Olivia replied, collecting her jacket from the side.

“But you love him” Callie pointed out, retrieving her own jacket.

Olivia smiled fondly at the thought. She did love Iker, even if it didn’t seem like it in that moment. “I do” she murmured wistfully “But this is why I have done this. In 3 months, Isobel is going to have a baby and I don’t want Iker to find himself in a position were suddenly he has to choose between me and the baby. I want him to get the paternity test, I want him to know for sure that that baby is his and if it is, then I will step aside fully. I love him, Cal, but I cannot be the reason he misses out on something as wonderful as the life of his child” she explained gently.

“But Oli…”

“I have to go” Olivia interjected “I will see you at work” she added before stepped out of the apartment.

Callie sighed gently. She just didn’t understand why Olivia had given up Iker when it was so painfully clear that her life had started to revolve around him.

~#~
“At least stay til midnight” Sergio noted as he hauled Iker into the living room, setting the keeper up on the couch. He knew that he was upset, Iker had barely spoken 2 words to anyone since the news had spread that he and Olivia had called it quits, but Sergio wasn’t prepared to let him wallow. It was just a break up and he was sure that he could come to terms with it, even if it was Olivia, it merely showed that it wasn’t supposed to work out for them.

“I don’t want to” Iker mumbled “I want to go home now” he added, his dark eyes briefly peeking up at the defender.

“Iker, it’s New Year’s” Sergio noted “You have to at least see it in with us” he added.

“Sergio…” Iker’s voice trailed off a little as his dark eyes wandered across the room, settling on the brunette who he hadn’t seen since she had left his home. “You didn’t say that she was going to be here” he mumbled. Sergio frowned a little and peeked over his shoulder, his brown eyes widening a fraction as he spotted Olivia. He had forgotten about inviting her, it had been done when she and Iker were still in the happier part of their relationship, and he could see the upset on his friend’s face. Even looking at Olivia made Iker’s face fall in a way that made Sergio’s heart go out to him.

“Do you want me to get rid of her?” the defender pressed gently.

Iker shook his head. “You’re her friends too” he commented lowly “I guess I expected her to be a little more cut up” he mumbled, watching as she laughed at something the woman she was talking to had said “She actually looks happy” he added.

“Iker…”

“I need to get out of here” the keeper mumbled, pushing himself to his feet.

“Iker, stay” Sergio replied, gently pushing him back down “You and Oli are grownups and you need to act like it. Show her what she is missing” the defender noted.

“How?” Iker posed.

Sergio looked down at his watch. “It’s five to midnight” he commented “When the countdown starts, walk over to her and kiss her like there is no tomorrow” he encouraged.

“She wouldn’t want that” Iker replied, shaking his head softly.

“A lot of your relationship has been about what Olivia wants” Sergio pointed out “Why not, for once at least, take the initiative yourself? You don’t know when you’re going to see her next” he noted before he patted Iker’s shoulder, moving away to find Pilar.

Iker watched after him before he pushed himself to his feet, taking a couple of paces towards Olivia as the sound of the 30 second countdown echoed. Swallowing, he moved a few more steps forwards before she peeked up at him, her blue eyes widening a fraction. Iker’s stomach twitched a little at the expression on her face, but he quickly stifled the nerves. He was only kissing his girlfriend, he wasn’t doing anything wrong.

As the countdown reached five, he stopped ahead of her and placed his arms either side of her, pressing her lightly against the wall. “Happy new year” he whispered lightly, his nose gently brushing hers. Olivia’s breathing hitched slightly, something which never failed to make Iker smile. He loved that he could still make her breathing stop or her heart jump. Hearing the chorus of ‘happy new year’ he placed his lips against hers, something which caused her to place her arms around his neck. Iker moved to deepen the kiss and moved his hands to her waist, pulling her as close as he could as a small sound fell out of her mouth, something which, after 7 days apart, sounded like music to him. Trailing his hand over her body, he gently placed it against her cheek. “Should we get out of here?” he mumbled, spurred on mostly by his want for her, but a little by the alcohol he had opted to drink.

“Iker, I don’t think…”

“Just tonight” Iker mumbled “I need you, Oli” he protested, pressing another kiss to her lips.

Olivia kissed him back eagerly, finding it more than a little hard to stop.

“Por favor, mi querida” he breathed, his forehead on hers.

Olivia peeked at his face, noting the pallor about his skin and the limpness of his hair, and sighed. “Just tonight” she whispered.

Iker smiled at the two word response and gripped onto her hand, leading her out of the house. He knew that it wasn’t going to help, Olivia clearly wanted to keep a distance between them, but Iker couldn’t just let go like she seemed to be able to. He needed her and he wasn’t about to let it stop at one night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to foREVer an Angel, Yaninkin9, Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)