Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

38: The Moment When I Knew

“Iker?” Olivia mumbled as she stepped into his home. It had been a long day, she had spent a lot of it worrying about Iker and Isobel being in the same room together, and she was glad to see that his car was in the driveway. The last thing she wanted was Iker spending too much time around the blonde girl who clearly had some sort of motive, even if she wasn’t quite sure what it was. Setting her bag down beside the door, she padded a little deeper into the house and paused as she spotted Iker in the living room, a tumbler of whiskey sat in his hand. “Amor, what are you doing?” she posed, stepping into the room “You don’t tend to drink when you know you have a game coming up” she added.

Iker, who had settled in his armchair, let out a sigh. “I kind of felt like I needed one” he mumbled “I went to see the baby” he added.

Olivia frowned. “And that makes you grumpy?” she posed, sitting down on the arm of the chair.

“No” he noted “But his madre does. She lied, Oli” he noted.

“Lied about what?” Olivia posed.

“About me being the father” Iker grumbled, his hand running lightly over his face “Ethan was born early, 3 weeks to be precise, which would mean that I couldn’t be the father. She was going to tell me that she was overdue, she was going to string me along if he didn’t come when he did, and I almost fell for it. I’m such an idiot” he whimpered.

Olivia shook her head. “You’re not an idiot” she commented “She’s just a manipulative bitch” she added.

“I almost let her ruin us, Oli, I almost lost you because of her. I should have seen it” he stressed.

Olivia shook her head and gently took the glass out of his hand, setting it down on the table before she moved to sit in his lap, her small hand cupping his cheek. “Mi amor, you weren’t to know. As you told me, it made sense that the baby was yours, the dates lined up and you weren’t to know that she was even crazier than we thought. Yes, it did cause us a lot of problems, but we came through it didn’t we?” she posed, offering him the sweetest smile she could muster.

“We almost didn’t” Iker mumbled.

“We almost didn’t realize we were meant to be in a romantic relationship either. Iker, there are a lot of ‘almosts’ in our pasts, but things did work out for us” she explained, pressing a small kiss to his cheek. Iker sighed at the feel of it and moved to hold her close, hugging her to him. “I’m sorry she lied to you” she whispered lightly.

Iker sighed. “It’s just odd you know? For a second, when I saw Ethan, it felt like I’d been a part of something amazing. He was beautiful and the idea that I had somehow played a role in that thrilled me. For a second, I really did think I’d made him” he rambled gently.

Olivia smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. “It will happen for you one day” she commented “You’ll have a baby” she added.

Iker hugged her tightly. “I think I want one” he murmured.

“Huh?” Olivia posed.

Iker leaned back a fraction and peeked down at her. “I think I want a baby” he whispered.

“Now?” Olivia posed, her blue eyes a little wide.

“Why not?” Iker suggested, a small smile of his face “We’re in a settled relationship, Isobel’s no longer an issue, and we both have good jobs. Oli, this could be the perfect time” he explained.

“Iker, we’ve barely been together for 8 months” Olivia quipped “Aren’t you getting a fraction ahead of yourself?” she posed.

“Not at all” he replied “Oli, we’ve been practically in a relationship for 5 years” he commented “The only difference now is that we have sex” he added.

Olivia blushed at his blunt statement, something which made Iker press a kiss to the warmed skin. “Oli, I am not putting pressure on it, I know that this is all quite quick, but would it be the worst thing in the world if we had a little one? I saw you with Ayrton and Jackson at Christmas, you were a natural and I would love to see you be like that with a baby that belonged to us” he mused against her skin.

Olivia looked at him. “You’re not just saying this as a reaction to what Isobel did are you?” she posed gently. She didn’t want to upset him, what he was saying did appeal to her greatly, but she didn’t want him to regret a thing further down the line. She didn’t want him to regret having a child with her.

Iker shook his head. “No” he noted firmly.

“Because I don’t want you to regret anything” Olivia noted, gently brushing her fingertips through his hair.

Iker shook his head. “I want to do this, Oli” he quipped gently “I want you and me to start looking towards our future, a future I want us to have together” he explained softly.

Olivia smiled gently. “And what do you see in this future?” she posed, happily resting her head against his shoulder.

“I see us buying a house together” he noted gently “I see me planning an elaborate proposal that will hopefully make you cry. I see a simple wedding, my parents, Unai, Danny and his family, but not many others. I see a little girl with big blue eyes who looks just like you. Oli, I want a life with you” he explained softly.

Olivia snuggled closer to him. “I want that to” she murmured “I think I have done since you started dating Isobel” she added.

“Why then?” Iker posed.

“It was the first time I got jealous. When she started to try and push me out, I realized that I wanted you. But it wasn’t until you bought my stuffed tiger to the hospital that I realized I loved you. When you pulled Rory out of the bag, I had the biggest urge to just pull you close and not let go” she admitted gently.

Iker smiled. “I knew before that” he commented, his eyes peeking down at her adoringly.

“You did?” she posed.

“I knew that I loved you the moment you appeared at my apartment with ice cream the first time I broke up with a girl after meeting you. I knew that you were the one, I just didn’t want to admit it” he noted.

Olivia smiled. “I’m glad you did” she commented.

Iker pressed a kiss to her head. He was glad he had admitted it too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Yaninkin9 for the comment :)