Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

04: She’s Just Oli

Shifting a little in his seat, Iker peaked around the restaurant, awaiting the first sight of his date for the evening. He didn’t want to be there, the idea of meeting someone new so soon after his last breakup seemed a little too fast to the keeper, but he knew that Olivia wouldn’t forgive him for backing out. She had worked hard trying to find the perfect girl for him to go out with, and Iker didn’t want to reject her efforts, even if it did mean sitting through a dinner with a girl he was already pretty sure he wouldn’t like, he was going to get through it for Olivia. Sighing a little, he spared another gander around the room before he turned back to face the chair opposite him, watching as a beautiful blonde woman sat down ahead of him, greeting him with a bright white smile. “You’re Iker” she noted. Iker, who was a little amazed by how beautiful the woman was, nodded his head, trying with all his might to regain his voice.

“I am glad that you’re actually here” the blonde girl continued “The way Oli was talking earlier, she was genuinely afraid that you wouldn’t show” she added, a warm laugh falling out of her mouth.

Iker smiled at the sound of it. Her laugh, like the rest of her, appeared beautiful to him. “Hola” he squeaked, jutting his hand out “You must be Isobel” he added.

Isobel smiled. “That would be me” she noted, gently taking his hand, allowing Iker to pull hers to his lips, placing a gentle kiss against the skin.

“Olivia talks a lot about you” Isobel noted “She says that you met when you burned her with coffee?” she added, a little smile at the corner of her mouth.

Iker rolled his eyes. “She did mention that she had told you that” he muttered.

“She mentioned an awful lot about you” Isobel smiled. “You two must be pretty close” she added.

Iker nodded. “We are” he admitted gently “But so must you two be. She told me a lot about you too” he added.

Isobel blushed gently, something which made Iker smile. He had a good feeling about Isobel.

~#~
“So, how long have you know Oli?” Isobel noted as she pushed the last of her dessert around the plate, her green eyes peeking up at Iker. It had been a beautiful night, Iker had completely wooed her, but still she remained a little hesitant. She had listened to Olivia, the way she spoke and fawned about the keeper, and it worried her slightly. Even if both Iker and Olivia insisted their friendship was strictly platonic, Isobel was doubtful and she didn’t want to get involved with a man who could one day realize just how much he was in love with Olivia. She didn’t want to get her heart broken.

Iker smiled. “Five years now” he commented “We met in South Africa when she was covering the tournament for her brother’s sports blog” he noted.

Isobel nodded. “And you two have never been anything…more?” she posed.

Iker frowned. “Did Olivia say something to you?” he posed.

Isobel shook her head. “No” she noted “But I just can’t quite believe that the pair of you have never had a crazy moment where the lines between friendship and romance got blurred” she added, sipping on her wine.

Iker took in a breath before he sighed. “Maybe once” he admitted.

“What?” Isobel pressed, her eyes wide.

Iker’s cheeks flushed a little. He didn’t know why he hadn’t just lied and said it had never happened. “It was about 3 years ago. We’d just flown back from the Euros in Ukraine and were in Barcelona, at a party that Gerard Piqué was throwing to celebrate the win before the victory parade. I’d taken Oli as my date because, at the time, I wasn’t seeing anyone and things got a little…out of control” he murmured, feeling his cheeks warming with every word.

Isobel leant forwards. “Did you sleep with her?” she posed.

Iker shook his head. “No” he noted firmly “But we got close, too close” he noted.

“What happened?” Isobel asked softly.

Iker shook his head. “It doesn’t matter” he noted “What matters is that Oli and I are not interested in one another that way, we never have been” he added.

Isobel recoiled slightly, but nodded her head. “Is that likely to change?” she posed gently.

Iker peeked up at her. “Why?” he posed.

“Because I like you, silly” Isobel giggled “And I would like to go out again, but if you think you and Oli are just weeks away from some massive admission of feelings, then I don’t want to get in the way of that” she explained.

Iker smiled slightly and leant towards her, taking her smaller hand in his. “I swear, me and Oli are friends, we always will be” he explained softly “I don’t see her that way” he added.

Isobel nodded. “Can I ask why you don’t see her like that?” she whispered, gently brushing her thumb over the back of his hand.

Iker shrugged. “I just never have” he noted gently “She’s Oli, the girl who I spilled coffee on and had to dry clean her shirt. The girl who slaps me around the head when I do something stupid. She’s more like my little sister than my girlfriend and I have never seen her any other way” he murmured.

Isobel smiled. “For what it is worth, I think she’s missed out on a fantastic boyfriend in you” she cooed affectionately.

Iker chuckled. “I don’t think I am her type anyways. Oli is complicated” he noted.

Isobel smiled politely before she moved to wave for the check, something which made Iker frown. “Are you leaving?” he posed.

Isobel flashed a smile. “We are. I thought we could head back to my place for coffee” she suggested, a flirty smile perched on her face.

Iker nodded eagerly and moved to remove his wallet from his jacket, handing his credit card over the waiter whilst Isobel smiled at him. She liked the keeper, he was as sweet and as funny as Olivia had explained he was, but still Isobel didn’t like the idea that they were so close. To them, it may have been nothing, but to Isobel, who could see the smile on the keeper’s face when he spoke about Olivia, she could tell it was a little more, something she knew she was going to have to put a stop to. If she was going to be with Iker, then Olivia was going to have to be removed from the equation, something Isobel was confident she could achieve.

“You ready?” Iker posed, placing his jacket around his shoulders.

Isobel nodded. “Of course” she commented before she stepped up to him, pressing a firm kiss against his lips.

Iker smiled into it and held her close.

He had a very good feeling about Isobel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)