Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

45: No Pressure

“You look nice” Olivia smiled as she padded into the bedroom, her blue eyes peeking at Iker who rested back on their bed dressed in one of his nicer shirts. It hadn’t been unexpected, the call from Iker’s parents after the news of their engagement had gotten out, but still Olivia was slightly nervous. She’d never really dealt well with being around his parents and she knew it would be worse that time around. They were going to want to discuss wedding plans and babies and the idea of discussing it with them, regardless of how nice they were, scared Olivia slightly. She still got a little nervous when Iker bought it up.

“My parents insisted that I make an effort” Iker grumbled “Apparently, celebrating their son’s engagement is something special and they want me to look respectable” he noted.

“Well, I do like you in a shirt like that” Olivia noted as she moved to collect her light cardigan from the side “It makes you look mature” she added.

“I don’t look mature all of the time?” Iker posed as he sat up slightly, his hands moving to take a hold of Olivia’s pretty summer dress, using it as a means to pull her towards him.

Olivia smiled. “You’re handsome all of the time, but in shirts or suits, you look mature and I kind of like that look on you, especially when you have the beard going too” she smiled, her fingers lightly brushing over the hair which had recently made a reappearance on his face.

“You hate the beard” Iker commented.

“I hate that it makes my face itch when you kiss me. As a whole, the beard is a good thing” she teased.

Iker smiled a little at her comment before he looked up at her, his brown eyes running from her face to where his hands sat on her hips. She looked happy, she had done since he had proposed to her, and whilst that in turn served to make him happy, it also made him slightly apprehensive. Nothing was set in stone but the sense was that he would be moving on from Real Madrid in the near future and he didn’t quite know how Olivia would take to it, he wondered if she would go with him. He knew that it was likely that she would, Olivia wouldn’t have agreed to marry him if she didn’t have intentions to be with him no matter what, but still he was slightly nervous. The murmurs seemed to surround a move across Europe and whilst it wasn’t the other side of the world, he wondered if Olivia would follow him.

“Hey” Olivia commented, her fingers gently resting beneath his chin so that she could tip his head back “Are you OK?” she posed “You’ve been a little funny since the other night” she added, a look of concern appearing on her face.

Iker nodded. “I’m fine, querida” he noted gently “I was taking in how beautiful you look right now” he added.

Olivia shook her head. “You’re very sweet for saying that” she smiled “But I know you’re just saying it so I stop asking questions. So, why don’t you just tell me what is going on in that head of yours?” she noted.

Iker shook his head. “It’s really nothing, Oli” he replied.

“I don’t believe you” Olivia replied “But seeing as we’re due at your parents in under half an hour for dinner, it will keep. At least try and smile for your parents, Iker. We’re newly engaged” she encouraged with a grin.

Iker nodded his head and moved to lean up a little, pressing a little kiss to her lips. Olivia smiled into it before she took his hand, pulling him to his feet. “Come on” she commented “I want to get this over with” she noted.

“My parents love you” Iker commented.

“That’s my concern” Olivia replied, leading him out of the room.

~#~
“Look at you two” Carmen grinned as she moved to press a kiss to her son’s cheek before she moved to Olivia’s, her expression bright. She was thrilled, even if she was a little disappointed that she hadn’t been the first to know, and she couldn’t quite get over how amazing Iker looked with Olivia. He’d never looked so happy before.

“Mama” Iker warned gently “Could you try and scale it back a little. Oli’s a little unsure” he commented.

Carmen nodded her head. “Of course” she smiled softly “Come through, we’ve just served up” she added.

Olivia smiled politely and followed the older woman into the dining room, graciously receiving hugs from Jose and Unai who were quick to congratulate her. “I cannot quite believe that you’re going to be my sister-in-law” Unai grinned, helping Olivia into the chair that had been neatly set out for her “I always thought Iker would be too stupid to notice that he had the perfect girl right under his nose” he added.

“Thanks Unai” Iker commented somewhat sarcastically.

“What? You were oblivious for the last 6 years” Unai argued back “it wasn’t that much of a stretch to assume that you would pretend you didn’t like her forever” he added.

“Does it matter?” Carmen noted, setting another plate of food in the centre of table “All that matters is that he did notice and now they are engaged” she commented with a small smile.

Olivia returned it before she peeked down at her plate.

“Oli’s nervous” Iker commented “She thinks you’re going to bombard her with questions” he added, causing Olivia to nudge him in the ribs.

Carmen shook her head. “No questions, Olivia” she smiled softly “I know that the pair of you are going to move at your own pace and I don’t intend to put pressure on that. It took you 5 years to realize that you were meant for each other and I imagine that my meddling now would only push things further back. You’ll get married at your own pace and have children too, but I don’t intend to push you into anything” she smiled fondly.

Olivia smiled. “I appreciate that” she noted.

Carmen shook her head. “You’re family, Olivia” she cooed “And I want you to feel as comfortable as you can around here” she added, offering a small look towards Iker who nodded gently in thanks. He appreciated it, his mother’s restraint, and he knew it was a good thing. Olivia and he would do things at their own pace, just like they always had, and he was grateful no one was around to put any sort of rush on them. He wanted to take things at their pace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)