Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

46: Where You Go, I Go

Sitting on the end of their bed, Olivia frowned a little as she watched Iker place the last of his things into his bag, quickly pulling the zip round. She had expected it, Iker had been slightly quiet and slightly moody since he’d started packing, but Olivia was still concerned. He’d been off, if not noticeably so, since the season had finished for Real Madrid, and it worried her a little. There was something on his mind and Olivia, who believed that they told one another almost everything, was somewhat perturbed that he was keeping it from her. It was obviously something pretty serious. “You know I will be out in a week or so” she commented, trying to get his attention “My boss said that I could be assigned to Spain, so hopefully, I will see a lot of you out there” she added.

Iker nodded. “Hopefully” he replied “Though, it would probably serve to irk the others. Del Bosque has always had quite a strict policy on families” he noted.

Olivia nodded. “I won’t get in the way” she smiled softly.

Iker nodded. “I know” he commented.

Olivia rolled her eyes and pushed herself off of the bed, moving to sit on the suitcase that Iker had moved towards the door, ensuring that the keeper was looking at her. “Oli, what are you doing?” he posed.

“I am trying to make you talk to me. You’re being strange” Olivia pointed out.

Iker shook his head. “I am not” he replied “I am being my usual self” he added.

Olivia scoffed. “No, you’re not. You’re being odd and you have been odd since the season ended. One second, it is like you’re with me, like you’re being you, and the next, you’re lost in your head and I am sick of it Iker. There’s clearly something going on in that head of yours and it is concerning me, firstly that it is bad and secondly that you won’t just tell me what it is” she explained.

Iker sighed. “It’s nothing…”

“Stop saying that” Olivia commented, cutting him off “I am sick hearing ‘it’s nothing’” she noted.

“Oli” Iker sighed “I’m just thinking, perhaps overthinking, and it is nothing for you to worry about” he explained, only to draw another scoff from Olivia.

“Nothing to worry about” she muttered almost sarcastically “It’s been three weeks, Iker. I’m starting to think I ought to be worried about it” she added.

Iker looked down at her for a second before he took her hand, leading her back towards the bed so that she could sit a little more comfortably. “You really want me to tell you?” he posed.

“No” Olivia quipped sarcastically “I want you to be weird like you have been for the last 3 weeks” she added.

Iker knew it was the wrong time to laugh, but a little part of him couldn’t stifle it. He’d always loved Olivia’s sarcastic sense of humour.

“Iker” Olivia warned.

“Fine” he noted, stifling his laughter. “I have been thinking about what you said after Real won the cup, about it perhaps being the last time that I get to celebrate with those guys and that team, and that is a thought that worries me, Oli. I love Madrid, I would happily stay here forever if they’d let me, but there is a chance…there’s a chance I might have to move on and find somewhere else to go” he explained.

Olivia shook her head. “You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do Iker” she noted gently “If you want to stay, stay, but you might have to get used to the idea of it being like it was when Mourinho was around. If they sign someone else, they’re not going to sign him to sit on the bench” she noted.

Iker sighed. “I know that, and that is why I was thinking about the idea of moving on” he explained “I still want to play, Oli, on a weekly basis, and that might not be something I get to do here. I am just worried that if I go, then you…”

“I go where you go” Oliva interjected, shaking her head.

“What?” Iker posed.

“If you leave Madrid, I leave Madrid. If you stay, I stay. Iker, I did not agree to marry you just for show. I want a marriage, a life with a house and children and that isn’t going to happen if we don’t stay together” she explained as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“You really think like that?” Iker posed.

“Of course I do” Olivia smiled “You’re my fiancé, Iker, and I am not prepared to be one of those couples who never sees one another. I love you, I love being around you, and I am not going to insist that I stay in Madrid if you go. I go where you go” she noted.

Iker smiled. “Really?”

“Of course, you idiot” she commented, nudging his ribs “We’re a package deal” she added.

Iker chuckled gently and moved to kiss her cheek, murmuring a small thank you.

“No problem, amor” she smiled “But if you do transfer, make sure it is somewhere warm. I am not getting used to the English weather” she joked.

Iker laughed gently and placed his arms around her, pulling her to his chest as he moved to rest back on the bed. “You know I love you right?” he posed, tucking some hair behind her ear.

“I kind of hope that you do” Olivia teased “If not, this engagement is going to end badly” she joked.

Iker shook his head. “Not if I have any say whatsoever” he commented “I am going to give you the best life” he added.

“I know, you tell me a lot” Olivia commented “But I do like hearing it” she added.

“We should start planning” he noted gently.

“Perhaps after the Euros” Olivia replied “You’ve got a team to captain” she added, pressing a series of kisses to his jaw and cheeks.

Iker shifted away from the kisses and moved to roll over, pressing her back against the mattress. “Promise me you’ll cheer me on” he commented gently.

“Who else am I going to cheer on?” Olivia smiled “I’m a Spanish girl, Iker, and I am your fiancée. I am probably going to cheer louder than anyone else” she grinned.

Iker smiled at her response and moved to kiss her, feeling reassured by their conversation. He knew it had been a stupid thing to worry over, Olivia didn’t seem overly attached to anything in Madrid besides himself, but he had still needed to hear it and now that he had, he felt better. He felt as though everything would be OK just as long as he kept her around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)