Sequel: Hear Your Heart

Run Away With My Heart

49: Never Get Used To It

“Sara” Iker mumbled “What are you doing here?” he added, his hand settling on Olivia’s waist so that he could hold her close to him. He knew she didn’t like it, with all that had happened with Isobel, Olivia detested the idea of being anywhere any other girl that he had dated, and he wanted to assure her that there was nothing wrong. He wanted her to know that he was as surprised to see his ex as she was. Sara, whose eyes were fixed on Olivia, jumped fractionally at the sound of Iker’s voice, offering the keeper a small smile. “I’m covering the tournament of course” Sara replied before she turned her eyes back to Olivia “What about you, Oli?” she posed.

“I’m here for my paper” Olivia replied, not missing the slight tone that was apparent in Sara’s voice “Which reminds me, Iker, we need to get these questions answered” she added, flicking her eyes down to the folder of papers which sat on the side.

“Of course. It was nice seeing you Sara” Iker noted politely before he turned his back, resuming his position ahead of Olivia.

Sara frowned slightly and took a few steps forwards, drawing the attention back to her. “What are the pair of you doing for dinner?” she posed, causing Olivia to subtly roll her eyes. She didn’t understand, Sara had called it quits with Iker just over a year previous, yet there she was, obviously trying to get something from him. Olivia didn’t like the notion of being jealous, she didn’t like the idea of being the type of girlfriend that kept Iker away from other women, but the idea of being near Sara for longer than a 5 minute altercation made her stomach turn. The last thing she wanted was to sit through a meal where Sara would insist on reminiscing about her and Iker in an attempt to upset her.

“Uhm...We didn’t exactly have plans, did we Oli?” Iker posed, his voice a little unsure.

“Well, I was hoping to get you on your own. It isn’t going to happen often in the next month” Olivia returned.

“Well, why don’t we double?” Sara grinned “I am sure my boyfriend would love it, what do you two say?” she noted, her eyes informing Olivia that the question was aimed at Iker, and solely at Iker, a sight that made Olivia roll her eyes.

Iker stared at the other woman for a few seconds before he peeked down at Olivia, shaking his head. “I’d rather not, Sara” he commented gently “Oli and I were kind of hoping for something a little more private” he added gently, a small smile appearing on his face. Olivia returned it gently before she moved to gather her things, something which caused Sara to glare at the back of her. Iker noted the glare and shook his head, stepping a little closer to the other brunette. “Don’t even think about saying a word to her” he mumbled as he peeked back at Olivia “You made your choice a year ago and I am not going to change my mind now. Just leave it alone” he warned before Olivia appeared at his side, moving to take his hand. “It was nice seeing you again, Sara” he noted politely before he smiled down at Olivia, leading her away.

Sara glared at the back of the other woman and shook her head, wondering just what it was that Iker saw in her.

~#~
“I love you” Olivia smiled as she reached the door of her hotel room, unlocking it with ease.

“I know that” Iker replied “But I am curious as to why you’re choosing now to proclaim it” he smiled, following her into the room where he proceeded to remove his jacket, setting it neatly on the back of a chair which sat beside the small dining table. Olivia smiled and stepped towards him, happily hooking her arms around his neck. “Because you got us out of dinner with your ex and nothing has made me happier in a while” she explained “A little part of me really thought you would agree to go” she added.

Iker scoffed. “After Isobel? Oli, you can rest assured that we are steering clear of my ex-girlfriends. I have little intention of upsetting you like that” he mused, kissing her forehead gently. He knew it would have been a bad idea, even if a little part of him did want to show how much happier he was now that he had Olivia, and he knew that Olivia would have hated every second of it. As much as she liked to pretend to be calm and cool when it came to his past, Iker knew it got her worked up and he didn’t want to upset her. He kind of liked the relaxed and contented rhythm that they had settled into following his proposal.

Olivia grinned at his response. “That’s why I love you” she giggled “You’re so thoughtful” she added.

“And here was me thinking that it was the good looks and money that kept you around” he teased cheekily, earning a light slap around the back of his head.

“You’re lucky I find you funny too, aren’t you?” Olivia smiled, her fingers gently working through his dark hair.

Iker smiled. “I’m just lucky, querida” he murmured, happily placing his arms around her waist “I lucked into falling in love with a wonderful woman that I would happily give up anything to keep around” he mused earnestly.

Olivia blushed gently. “You’d think after a year of dating, I would be used to you saying things like that” she mumbled.

“Never get used to it, Oli” Iker smiled “I like making you blush” he added.

Olivia smiled gently at the comment and moved to kiss him for a moment before she stepped away, moving to collect the room service menu from the side. “What are you going to do about dinner?” she posed, moving to sit on the end of her bed, her blue eyes peeking innocently up at the keeper who stared right back down at her.

“I was thinking of skipping it” he replied, taking a couple of long strides towards her.

“Your coach won’t like his captain not eating” Olivia teased, her teeth lightly nibbling on her lower lip.

“I am not exactly thinking of him right now, hermosa” Iker commented, his fingers gently resting beneath her chin, brushing the skin lightly. Olivia shook her head. “You know that you can’t” she teased gently “Strict rules, remember” she added.

“I have a curfew” Iker responded “But there are no rules about what I can do until that curfew. We’ve got 4 days before the next game, so I ought to be able to recover” he added, a smirk appearing on his face.

“What about my interview?” Olivia teased.

“Cannot it not wait an hour or so?” he replied.

“An hour?” Olivia snorted, her eyebrow cocked playfully.

“Humour me” Iker replied, his hand drifting down to her shoulder and gently pushing it, causing Olivia to fall back. Olivia rolled her eyes, but nodded her head, conceding that she was after the same thing as him. Iker smiled and moved to hold her close, wordlessly vowing not to let their past get in the way of their future.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to babygurl94512, FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)